Mahabharat

Naming your kids after a character from MB - Page 3

sweetangelpayal thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
I have a list. I kinda want two twin sons so I could name them Arjun & Abhimanyu ðŸ˜† I get very mushy when it comes to these two people, coz I have always been in awe of them. Or if it was a girl, I would love to name her Yajnaseni. I think its a very beautiful name. Or like Krishu here, I would name her Kalyani (If it wasnt for meeting Krishu, I would never have known that name). Yeah these three people are my ultimate favourites (Besides Krishna) so I would love to name them these. I have even told my brother that I am gonna giv mahabharat ke characters ke names to his kids(Coz i will b the bua and in our tradition, the bua decides the names). Although he thinks I will come up with very filmy names like Karna-Arjun, or something. ðŸ˜†
PS: Karna-Arjun. ðŸ˜• Idk if my brother thinks I will be singing "ye bandhan toh Pyaar ka bandhan hai" from the movie Karan-Arjun for his kids or what ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
Edited by sweetangelpayal - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
My one bestie Rushika's nephew is only Arjun! My best friend's name is Krishnaa Nair. And I have named my niece Yajnaseni. My fathers name is Sabyasachi. And I know one Parikshit. My friends bro. And If I have a daughter, I would have loved to name her Yajnaseni or Panchaali. And son..umm I would always teach them to be good human brings. Even if I name him Dusshashan (which I won't do even in my sleep) they should be good. I like the names Vibhatsu and Dhananjaya.
CaptainSpark thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: ..dreamygatz..

Krishnaa is draupadi's name...its very common around gals.. i have a friend named krishnaa!😳

i love other names of Arjun..
is there anyone named Yudhishtir? i was wondering yday..😕i really like Yudishthir!😃
i love to name my daughters (if i have two) krishnaa and pritha.. i love pritha name of kunti..😃

Pritha is a lovely name...:) and one of my friends ex is called Yudhishtir 😆
FeistyQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Brishti_Sarkar

My one bestie Rushika's nephew is only Arjun! My best friend's name is Krishnaa Nair. And I have named my niece Yajnaseni. My fathers name is Sabyasachi. And I know one Parikshit. My friends bro. And If I have a daughter, I would have loved to name her Yajnaseni or Panchaali. And son..umm I would always teach them to be good human brings. Even if I name him Dusshashan (which I won't do even in my sleep) they should be good. I like the names Vibhatsu and Dhananjaya.

yajnaseni is awesome name.. i want my daughter to have draupadi's name! other than panchali, draupadi, krishna, yajnaseni.. any other name for draupadi? 
Regina_Lupa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: ..dreamygatz..

yajnaseni is awesome name.. i want my daughter to have draupadi's name! other than panchali, draupadi, krishna, yajnaseni.. any other name for draupadi? 

Kalyani, Mahabharathi
FeistyQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@krishna nair.. thank you 😳
-Narnia- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I have not heard of
Draupadi or gandhari but I heard kunti many times
satiisparvati thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Karn seems to be a fav among punjabis with different variations.  
satiisparvati thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Drupadi is considered older generation name in Punjab.  Had a grand aunt named Drupadi', 
kumro-potash thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

@soni 2496

It's my first post in MB forum.
 I think karan, Arjun and Abhimanyu are the most popular names on mb characters.
I would love to name my son as 'Sabyacachi' or 'Satyaki'.
 Sabyacachi is a very popular name among bengalis and Satyaki, though rare but is there too. In fact I know someone by this name.
I don't know why but leading female characters of mb are not popular among parents when it comes to naming their children. Here in my city (Kolkata), the name Satyabati was quite common during 60's and 70's but not now. I didn't know kalyani was draupadi's name. So kalyani is there.
I would love to name my daughter as 'Vaishali' just bcoz I like the name. Yagnaseni is also veri nice.