SS~Dutta~a trilogy~ thread 1. Follow the Heart. continued on thread 2 - Page 100

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by emilymine32

Hi hammie  hi imli..😊 great to see you..
Enjoyed the update
love dutta and naku convo
For a change baji kmh nahi bana
nana evil naku ki shaadi us buddhe se karake hi rahega  yaar daulat mile ge.. check mate.. πŸ˜†
babi should help naku to run away i shall keep this in mind.. waise rose too in her comment was not to impressed by babi.. in LTL..
Dutta too should run away with naku  read in the next ud. tomm.. what goes on..
thanks for update
waiting for nex
imli thanks for reading and commenting..  missed you jab tu forum pe nehin th.. but happy now.. much love hammie

t
Originally posted by CUTE_SAPNA

thanku hammie 4 giving us this ff. luv u
hey cute1!!! where were you.. the forum had a cute sized gap,thanks for continuing to read  my work..  much love hammie.. will update tomm.. catch it when you can..

Originally posted by sona89

Hi HamLet  hi sonaaa!  good to see you
AwesOME ud DUtta deVELPED INSTant boND With NaKu ..She TooK IN a StrIDE ABOUT any PAST affAIR..She Is InnOCENT DUttA VAlue her .NanA IS a BeaST .bABI TUrn ThE TAble fOr nAku sAKE..uD Soon
loved your take after reading the ud.. will ud tomm.. do read it and let me know how you feel.. thanks for your on going support ,much love hammie.

thank you so much for anno hammie πŸ˜Š

Mishal Raheja

As Dutta

Follow the Heart 

Part 5

Babi could have sworn she heard the distant soulful tune of the flute.. somewhere in the stilled calm dark night.. she shook her head and dismissed it as a figment of her imagination.. what with all of getting on in years.. must be all in her head  but then;  she had heard the pitched sound of a bansuri.. sometimes lengthened , then shortened.. yet again! only this time  she noticed as sure as it sounded off, strangely enough it dispersed  into the  nightly halcyon..

She turned from her deity Bappa.. still unsure of what the gods had in store for    Nakusha? Much troubled she gazed down tearfully at  Naku, who slumbered unware of the dark clouds that gradually brewed upon her young life.. poor child ,laying on her side ,her pillow clutched tightly against her feminine curves.Babi watched and wiped a tear that escaped from her tired old puffy eyes and mused. True this  girl was not hers. In no way related to her, but somehow this  Naku ! always managed to awaken maternal sentiments in  her Babi admitted. She bent and covered the child and, admitted further, that it was not just motherly instincts alone that constituted her bond with  Naku. For today this young woman also awakened in  Babi, some form of sympathy for herself too. Babi felt that Naku was being robbed of her right to choose her own partner. Angrily Babi turned away from  Naku and chided herself..  what on earth  was she thinking?  Nakusha having the right to select her own partner? That was a notion next to nil. Culturally unaccepted in those  parts where Nakusha  lived .. such deeds from young people were next to forbidden. But then forced  marriage too was bad enough. On top of it with a man three times her age! surely deva! this was  objectionable? Babi cried.. this had to be gross injustice.. yes! as an older woman her spirit too rebelled at the idea! and under duress she sat on the edge of  Naku's bed and sobbed silently... Naku heard sniffles and felt something obstructed the extension of her legs, at the foot of her bed. Startled she sprang up and found an immensely upset Babi.  Naku doubled up and leaned over Babi and curved her arm around her  Babi maa's shoulders,

"kya hoya  Babi maa? tu rooh  rehe hai? soye nehin abhi? Babi wiped her palm across her cheeks, as she tried to hide her tears from her dear child Naku. But Naku insisted and protested..

"ab batao bhi kya hoya? ek tu tum ne muhje neend se jagaya! soocha tha jaldi sau jaoon gi ,pun tum ne mera sapna tor  diya!  Babi shifted and came closer and took Naku's face in her palms and kissed her forehead, then sobbed and revealed to Naku

"  Naku thujhe neend se jagna hoga meri baachi, Nana Sahib ,ne  tera lagan ke baat apne dost Kaido se  paki ker de hai !  Naku pulled herself back from Babi, as though her whole being was singed!. She gulped a lump in her throat, as the  image of the  ancient, maimed man conjured up in her mind. Shocked her eyes welled up as  she recollected, that he was the friend whom Nana Sahib wanted her to serve with refreshments. She fought back her vexed tears, when steadily things clarified  before her. How she was manipulated into making an appearance before this Kaido, under the pretext of serving him.. by none other than her own uncle.. whom she always  looked upon as her father? a thought that now cut her up internally and now seemed  unlikely. She was ensnared by him. She felt cheated and let down! In reaction, she hurled herself   helplessly against Babi's motherly bosom, with  green eyes that brimmed with hot tears, Naku moaned out!

"kyun kiya aisa Nana Sahib ne? maine kya beghara hai unka?  maine tu soocha tha unke  ekle zindaga mein  Naku  kushi le kar aaye? kyon kiya aisa unhoon ne Babi maa..? Naku grabbed, shook Babi's shoulders, deeply distressed. Babi hugged Naku and was about to tell her the whole truth.. but restrained herself from doing so.. her loyalty towards Nana clamped her. Naku waited, then sobbed. Her head bowed over the folded fingers of both her hands. Her mouth sank  upon her knuckles and she pleaded,  like before for Babi to tell her the truth. Babi looked down at Naku's shaking shoulders and almost gave in, but Nana's threat of kicking her out of the security of her job again deterred  her.. Naku sighed and then stood up to leave with the words..

"aaj lagata hai ke koi nehin hai mera is puri duniya mein! " she declared before  Bappa's wall plaque.." main haran  hoon   Bappa,  aaj tera dil bhi patthar ho gaya! jise  aapne Aye mana, who  tu dai maa hone ke sawa , aur kuch nehin nikle! she pointed an accusing finger at  Babi.. Babi, got up from the bed , and hugged Naku before Bappa's idol, cried out and  defended herself

"aagar ab tak ye tere  Babi maa chup hai , Naku! tu isilye, ke.. Nana Sahib ne dhamki de hai mujhe ke, aagar tu lagan ke liye nehin mane tu mujhe naukari se nikal de ga! ..  Naku reeled from Bappa's idol and then gazed compassionately into  Babi's eyes.. she felt coerced  to say, yes ! she understood Babi's predicament and that yes for her sake!  she would say yes to the lagan. But realistically,  Naku  was greatly dispirited as ,she knew in marrying Kaido.. she would give up, whatever she has with her Dutta Saab!  So her grief became evident by  tears that tipped out of her eyes, backed by muffled sobs! Babi studied her face and saw some profound sorrow written on Naku's face .. worse perhaps than hers of being rendered  jobless! Nonetheless Babi was worried.. as  Naku stubbornly wiped her tears off her cheeks and walked towards the window and opened it to let some fresh cold air.. to freeze her weakening sentiments..

Babi walked to her and confronted the sad young girl, bathed by the moonlight.Tears once again glistened in her green doe eyes  and a concerned  Babi  asked gently..

" Naku..  kya baat hai? ye dard ju tere chera par hai.. ye  dard kisi cheez ko kone ka hai..? bata apne  Babi maa ko..."Naku grabbed the old woman's hands and stared with conviction  into her eyes..

" dekho  Babi maa, main lagan kare ge , bas tumhare naukri  baachai ge.. pun haan dukh hai tu is baat ka ,  ke ye kam dil pe pathar  rekh kar main kere ge.. Naku squeezed Babi's hands and confessed intrepidly..

" lagan main kaise kare.. main kisi se pyar kerti hai!  she uttered clearly and slowly.. Babi's eyes widened and she demanded

" kaun hai woh?  Babi asked rather stupidly as she roughly had an idea, but still waited for confirmation. Which she also was aware that  Naku  would disclose to her.. and Naku did quite unabashed.. for what was the fear in confessing her fondness.. her affection, her inclination.. her love.. no crime was committed?

" main Dutta shri Ram patil  se pyar kerti hai ,  Babi maa.. saath wale gaon ka hai.. aur haan maine jaan booj  ke nehin kiya.. ho gaya.. jaise ke devi ,devata ke is mein marzi ho!  confessed  Naku.  Babi looked at her face.. it shone, as it was a blessing ,this sentiment she felt.. and not some unwarranted shame. the girl seemed proud of it.  Babi, studied Naku's face and then asked her..

"woh, lambu sa joytsi larka? mujhe phele se hi shaak tha  Naku.. teri chaal aur chera..dono mein mujhe use waqat nazar aya ke tu badli hoi dekhti thi" Naku grabbed Babi's hands and yet again beseeched tearfully

"tum meri maadat karo ge ne Babi maa? Dutta Saab se ja  ke bola ju mere saath ho raha hai.." Babi paused to think, and then decided to defer the matter presently..

"dekh Naku.. abhi tu intezzar kar.. ho sakta hai Nana Sahib kudh  tera Kaido se lagan  ke bare mein phir se soochien.. filhaal tu pareshaan maat ho meri baachi, aram kar.. aur  Bappa pe sab chor de.." Babi wrapped up the touchy  subject.. there was verbal  non-committal from her  before  Naku.. but Babi still felt she needed to  alert Dutta.. as Naku desired, but she justified not telling   Naku this, was predominantly  so as not to raise the poor child's hopes.. as  anything could happen? life was so unpredictable.. but it was a troubled  Babi that lay down her head to rest.. meri baachi  Naku.. she cried herself to sleep.   

~~~~~~~~~

On his way back from Baji's house after the change of clothes. Dutta's legs took him invariably towards the partitioning fence.. and he paused as was required. It was the end of the line.. this was as far as it went. He had to keep to his side , and she to hers.. he thought dryly. But it was quite innocuous if he  looked on yonder at the forbidden land. A rugged slanted smile played on his square defined jaws..  what attraction was  this? that infused a quiet rebellion in him.. that he had to fight to achieve what he desired.. and Nakusha was what he needed!  It was the tough task of diving in and grabbing the hard to get! that kicked in his adrenalin  and defiantly he pulled out the flute from his sewn in kurta pocket...and pressed  his lips against it .. his fine slender fingers tips felt and tapped the  keys and finger holes of the hollow reed musical instrument.. he pressed his tongue against the bansuri and played the  high pitched trembling note.. but soon enough he opted to check his over indulgence of rebellious love.. and lowered his flute ,pocketed it and turned and slowly  he commandeered himself away from the fence.

Naku... heard the note, leapt up, slipped her feet hurriedly into her slippers.. and ran like the wind from her room, across the courtyard.. out of the front door.. down the empty gulley on the ruddy bumpy fields till she stopped and panted  beside the fence.. yes she could see his silhouette, but disenchanted  she noted that  Dutta gradually walked away from the fence. She had to call out to him! Saaab!                                                             

He had barely moved when the sound of her voice shot out in the dark ! He dismissed it as an hallucination.. till he heard her voice ,Saab! .. He only  turned his head and looked over his shoulder and yes it was her.. distantly over the fence.. in the dark.. caught in the moonlight.. his  Naku.. without a chunni.. her long wavy raven black  blew in the soft cold breeze.. Saab.. she panted.. but Dutta still disbelieved, it was her..   and he checked  her cry's  validity, by  nearing the fence. Once there, he pressed his tall body against the fence. He tarried  a while , to check if he was being followed by Nana Sahib's BGs so he  turned off guard, folded his arms and rested them both on the edge  of the wooden fence. But his eyes stared ahead into the hazy elusive darkness.. his tapered eyes checked.. silently for any movement  against the looming silhouette  back ground of a singular elevated  hivali  surrounded by other humble dwellings of the village populous. Dutta held his breath, blinked and considered that the figure in the distance was  Naku, none other.. she stood on the other side.. looked slightly dishevelled and bedraggled.Calmly Dutta folded his arms  on the fence in the dark.. and studied her distant figure  on her side of the partition.. what brought her out her in the middle of the night? why was he stopped? but before he  uttered a word and posed questions, she ran up to him grabbed his folded arm and looked up into his narrow deep set lion like  eyes.    

"saaab! mujhe baachlo! She cried hysterically.. as she clung on to his reposed  arms.. and then impulsively ran to the gate of the  padlocked fence!  shoved her bare feet on the parallel wooden planks and attempted to throw her leg over...Dutta ran over from where he stood and caught her in his arms as she heaved over, and gently set her upon the ground.. though internally he was put off by her rowdy impulsive action.

Naku grabbed his arm and literally hid behind his tall body and cried yet again so he could apprehend the trauma she was going through.  

" baach lo  Nakusha ko Saab! she tugged at his arm .Dutta looked across and narrowed his strained eyes.. no one was about and he twitched his jaw , tilted his head sideways  and looked down at the top of her head that pressed against his arm..

"kis se baach loon? He asked irritated and Naku..  babbled somewhat incoherently as she  cried and sighed..

"you can't see him! for he is unseen! but he is there! you are my only hope! you will have to save me! she continued with her mad banter.. Dutta twisted his waist .. and forced his arm away from her tight grip and pulled her before him.. pushed both his palms on the side of her weeping face and propped it up.. and looked firmly into her saline wet green eyes..

"ghup! stop it! enough of your dramatics!.. he commanded and  Naku clamped her mouth shut.. Dutta relaxed his tough wide palms against her temples.. and tenderly, with one finger moved a wavy tendril  away from her moistened face and this time gently, asked..

"Naku get a grip.. koi nehin hai wahan.. waise, stop trembling.. koi janwar tha jis se tu dar kiye hai? Naku threw her head back, laughed and cried bitterly and replied..

"haan janwar hai! at least that's how I see it, if you don't save me from his jaws I will be doomed for the rest of my life! " she cried. Dutta's hands grabbed her shoulders and almost shook her and demanded

" ayee Naku stop talking in a paheli!  saaf saaf bata.. mujhe gol mol batien pasand nehin.. aur jaldi bol.. we shouldn't be here.. it's your welfare I think about.. not my life.. a woman's reputation, is fragile and as such has to be handled with care.. he said impatiently.  Naku cried again and once more he showed compassion.. and queried  moderately.

"  Saab mera lagan hone wala hai?  ek aadmi se  ju umar mein mujhe se bahut bara hai.. Nana Sahib ,ju mera tau hai.. sab usne kiya hai! mai mar jaye ge Saab! Dutta moved away from her, and rubbed his fingertips. He had never experienced such a situation.. he was speechless.  Naku widened her green doe eyes and ceased her wailing.. and just stared at her Saab.. he was silent..just heaved, but silently.. his eyes fixed in space as if deep in thought..  Naku drew closer to him and demanded for his reaction.

"kuch bolo Saab? have you nothing to say? mujhe tu laga tha you will save me and whisk me away like a knight in shining armour? and then her voice faltered and she  lowered her tearful face in her palms. Dutta  slowly dropped his eyes on the top of her bowed head,  with his furrowed brow..  tears welled up in his eyes and  he sighed. and whispered feebly

"kya bolon  Naku..?  ek zindagi ju kuch samma phele mile thi.. ab lagata hai hatoon se nikal rehe hai!... then he threw back his head and laughed sarcastically, and continued.." apni marzi se tu koi marna nehin chata.. bas apna bhi haal aisa he hai.. life is slipping by  Naku.. my mind is confused, I know not what else to say to you? he confessed. Naku flashed her eyes at him and grabbed him by his muscular arms and yelled

"will you take me out of this situation or not? pyar nehin karte ho aap mujhse? batao Saab? she sobbed..

" apne se zayeeda thujhe chata hoon Naku.. pun ye bhi jano main, ke aisa koi kam ye tera Saab nehin kare ga jis se tere izzat pe aanch aye.. to rescue you forthwith, from this forced marriage situation, means to elope with you.. to me that is an dishonourable and dastardly act to carry out.. for a lover that would be the kneejerk reaction.. but as a man ,integrity matters a great deal to me  Naku..  waise bhi..mera pas koi jagaa bhi nehin jahan thujhe main rekh sakoon.. think about it.. I think.. you did the right thing by apprising me oabout the whole situation..  yes I love you dearly..now  this love is  accentuated by  taking  responsibility for your honour, your welfare and safety.. mujhe waqat de thura sa.. apne logon ko jink ko mein trust kerta hoon.. that I can share this news with them and seek their advise.. Naku ..I,  ummh we both need their support.. abhi bhagne se I cannot put your life at risk..  isliye aagar tu Saab se pyar kerti hai tu foran apne ghar laut ja  mera intezzar kerna  Naku main wapis aaoon ga! he consoled her.. as he  helped her over the fence back to her territory.. gave her a sincerely tender  look, then turned and walked away from her..

Naku with tearful eyes watched his tall imposing frame, gradually distancing himself from her. She folded her hand against her heart and felt a certain peace.. it was prompted by the veracity of his words and thoughts.. she sighed and then slowly was homeward bound.. as her Saab had  advised  her to do..

~~~~~~~

Dutta plodded wearily.. she preyed on his mind. For once the domestic instability of his home seemed dwarfed by the expectations that went side by side with true love.. after hearing her predicament, somehow quite  willingly he found himself accountable with regards to her happiness  not only before her ,but before  himself too. He wasn't sure if he had consoled her enough with his serious commitment to her? he tilted his head to the side and sighed as he maintained silently on his way home.. she will have to trust my word ..  meri baat  par aaitebar kerna hoga thujhe  Naku.. he mused. The chowkidar, at Patil Nivas  noticed Dutta as  the youngest malak returned home. Silence reigned in the mud courtyard, as his Bhau with their wives had obviously retired.. which seemed fine with Dutta. For him entry into his home meant to honour the first prompt of  meeting his father. As he neared  his babaa's room. Silence prevailed there too.. which he might be asleep. As the naughty son who returned home late.. he tiptoed and gently pressed open the door to his father's room with his palms. he found the reason why  babaa was rested. Daksha vahini, tended to him.. she looked at Dutta and stood up by her father in laws  bedside. Dutta gave her a questioning gaze and she grabbed him by the arm and took him aside. and answered her  devar's questions. She reported that his father was restless.Time and again  he had asked about Dutta.. this ignited guilt in  Dutta  especially as he was busy in a clandestine meeting with the girl he fancied..

"waise tu itni daer se wapis aya hai Dutta.. itna time laga thujhe  kapre change kerne mein ? complained Daksha. Dutta moved his head to the side and gave her a narrowed look.. and then evaded  the topic brashly..

" roti mile ge? ya woh bhi main khud parosoon? Daksha nodded and pointed to her father in law..

" tum beitho babaa ke saath, main  le ker ati hoon roti tumhara liye.." Dutta inched towards his father and it seemed he sensed his son's presence.. The old man's eyes part opened, and he raised his thin bony arm that lay by his side..

"Dutta.. mera  baacha..pas ah.. he groaned feebly as he attempted to sit up. Tearfully Dutta progressed forward, looped his strong arm around his father and propped him closer to him.. his babba, weakly said..

" mere gale lag ja Dutta ! dil bahut bechain tha tere liye " shri Ram Patil, whispered hoarsely as he pressed his  wrinkled saggy cheek his youngest son Dutta's stubble cheek.. Dutta felt his father's warm breath against his neck and his eyes welled up as he gently  tightened his hold around his father's bony back  and replied back softly to his father as though, he was the child and Dutta the father... such is the frailty of an aging parent..

" babaa, babaa! main pas hoon apke.. Dutta khabhi nehin aap se dor jaye ga babaa.. Dutta ko ap ke zarorrat hai.. khudgarsh  hoon.. chorun ga nehin saath aap ka! he cried and consoled his father. His father, dragged his palm painstakingly and felt the side of Dutta's face.. and then moved his head to the side of his sons neck.. pressed his lips on the soft skin and kissed him.. Sri Ram Patil overcame with emotions as he realized his days were numbered.. and he wept at Dutta's neck.. Dutta's heart sank.. and sweat built up on his creased brow .. his father felt low .. Dutta had to pull him out of this  down dispirited despair.. so he gently lowered his father back on the piled up pillows and leaned forward and reached out for his father's bony hand.. this lovable man without whom Dutta cannot live.. needed to be given some news to perk him up.. Dutta stroked his hand.. like a father would do to his child and confided ..

" babaa .. tumhare nakhetu Dutta ko ek lardki mile hai.. pyar ho gaya hai tumhare Dutta ko.. tum kush ho na babaa? maine wohi kiya ju tum chate ho.." his father's tearful eyes sparkled with joy and slowly  shri Ram Patil feebly gripped his son's wide strong palm.. Dutta leaned forward and mopped his father's brow with his other palm.. and with an authoritative smile ordered..

" ab tum jaldi se theek ho jao.. milna nehin tum ne us lardki se? tumhare aishirwad  ke zaroorat hai hum dono ko..".. but shri Ram patel..stared at Dutta .. and then sighed and closed his eyes and went to sleep.. with a smile on his face.. Daksha entered and held a tray in her hand.. Dutta hooded his eyes and received the tray from her hand with a mumbled thanks.. Daksha watched him eat.. the reason she hung around was ,because she had caught onto the bit where Dutta revealed  his love towards Naku. Daksha offered him the metal glass of water, and determined, this was her chance to prove her loyalty to Dutta..

" aacha kiya tune Dutta , ju babaa ko   Nakusha  ke bare mein bata diya.. aur mera ye kehna hai ke.. Naku ko babaa se milne main tere maadat kar sakte hai main.. aagar tu chahe Dutta? she said covertly.. Dutta stopped chewing for a moment.. and then stiffly full of tavar and attitude  muttered..

" bolo.. main sun raha hoon..." he  ate silently , but his ears took in all she  offered to facilitate Naku's possible meeting with his father.. she poured the small jug of water on Dutta's finger tips and  accordingly he brushed his damp fingers past his pink lips and then stood up from the low stool and proclaimed..

" humm aacha  khayal hai.. aagar pura ho  jaye tu..  and then he turned to leave, but paused and showed manners towards  his youngest vahini.. who seemed to support him, quite selflessly.. 

" kahne ka shukariye , Daksha vahini, ab jao aap bhi  sau jao.. main babaa ke pas hi sau jaon ga" Daksha smiled at his  words of concern.. seemed she was beginning to win Dutta's trust. Dutta carried his rolled up bedding under his armpit, his pillow clutched in his other hand..  and quietly  entered his father's room.      In familial devotion, he stood at the foot of his babba's bed and tenderly stared  upon his father's sleeping face.. tears  came to his eyes.. deva!  may his babba  live forever! for he needed his babaa by his side.. sniffed Dutta. Then turned away and unfurled the rolled bedding on the mud floor beside his father's charpoy. With one final check- up of his father. Dutta sat down on his hard floor woven mat bed.. and gradually  sank back his head on his pillow. Sleep had to be cajoled to cast it's spell on him. In the mean while.. Naku with her emotional baggage.. smiled at him from  nowhere.. "Saab" .. "Saab"...Dutta  closed his eyes.. ja.. sone bhi nehin deti.. he muttered in sleep..

~~~~~~~~

The few days that followed were like walking on egg shells. Both Babi and Naku avoided Nana Sahib.. as luck would have it, he was out of town ,visiting his other landholdings.For Dutta, he radiated with a new found sense of responsibility that soon showed up in his life style at home too. His brothers and his other two vahinis too , noticed the positive transformation ,but in keeping  with their true natures,  out of their mouths came nothing ,bar caustic remarks for Dutta..

"dekhna tu ye hai ke kitne din tak  Dutta apna naya roop rekhe ga? commented  Bela.. to Abha..who replied equally nastily..

" chorru use, humien kya? hum apna reviya nehin badlien gi.. yaad haina  humara maqsaad use is ghar se nikalne hai" she hissed. Daksha heard their evil scheming and lowered her eyes as she folded  Dutta's bedding and tidied up her father in laws  charpoy..  well if only these two knew that Dutta now has a sister in this household , who will protect him  against all evil and wrong doing, mused Daksha .

Dutta in his black kurta and muslin white dhoti stood by the door ready to head for the fields to tend to the cattle. Kajri frisked about in leaps and bounds and bleated in glee. She obviously was used to the routine of having Dutta all to herself when he was out shepherding the cattle..  she licked  his leg  just above  his  exposed leg.. Dutta jerked and looked downwards and yelled.

" oyeee Kajri ke baachi!  kya lotcha hai? bahut jaldi mein hai tu.. humm? and he bent down and looped her fleecy pulsating body in his arms and gave her an eye to eye ,nose to nose look! .. and pressed his lips against  her droopy fleecy  ear and whispered.." main bhi bechain hoon.. teri gorri se milne ke liye.." Daksha tittered   as she came by Dutta and  handed  over the tiffin. With a reminder ..

"Naku se mulakat zaroor kerna aaj Dutta .. pata haina kyun? Dutta smiled  shyly, lowered his  eyes and turned his face the other way, and went,"hummm" he  raised  Kajri  up and positioned  her on the back of his neck, and off he went  to his usual spot the tilla.. the small  hill with a tree atop it!

~~~~~~~~

Seeing that the coast was clear, Naku had all the time to venture forth out of the house. Babi's support system that she put in place for Naku was to grant her permission to go out of the hivali on her own.. now if she meets Dutta? so be it! determined  Babi .She would let the poor girl have a fair chance at choosing her own "var".. baki  ju bhi hoga dekha jaye ga? mused Babi and suddenly felt she was doing the right thing.. funnily enough, she felt lighter and happier  when  she saw Naku ...dressed in a rustic red and brilliant blue bandhni print  flared  ghagra and a modest boat neck choli with  skin tight below the elbow sleeves .. what was left of her lower bare arms were hidden by dozens of mixed and matched combinations of dozens of red and blue bangles! She looked radiant!  with mid parted hair, bound in two long red paranda woven plaits that hung from underneath  her red and blue  georgette chunni. Babi pinned the chunni securely like always at  the back of her head .Looped jumhkis danced from her ear lobes, and tapped her long neck. Her feet, couldn't wait to leave, and the tinkle of her payals.. mirrored the rhythm  of her heart beat!  Babi beamed at Naku , then folded her hands, tapped the knuckles against her temples to ward  off evil eyes  from her  apsara jaise  baachi  Nakusha ! Babi maa, stuffed her sari pallu in her mouth overcome with her love for Naku..but warned her nevertheless..

" apna khayal rekhna  Naku..  kisi kisam ka kehtra  ho, wapis ghar ko laut ana.. Roops tum bhi Naku ke saath he rehena , ekele maat choorna isi .." she advised the two girls, as she watched both friends leave, linked up  arm in arm. How they chattered! and laughed! Babi smiled and sighed simultaneously and then turned to  her domestic chores.

~~~~~~~~

Dutta  herds the cattle  towards  pastures where the grass seemed  thicker.. not that it mattered to these beasts of the soil.. they mouthed and chewed and  subsequently cud for longer periods. He carried a long pole which he seldom used, for any other purpose than to steer the buffaloes, and cows in  some orderly  direction. He often jumped to one side! and ensured his feet missed from being covered with buffalo bowel movements in particular! Kajri too was also let down, to frisk about and run around in the green meadows.. he had to keep an eye on her as she loved to weave in and out of the cattle.. many times Dutta  dived in  and retrieved  her from being trampled by the cows. Dutta patted and petted the swollen bellies and trailing knobbly backs of his cattle that strayed  happily. Mid- morning he looked around petulantly ,and wondered anxiously about the likelihood of her turning up here in the fields ? This was broad day light exposure. It was far more secretive and romantic at night time. He flared his nostrils and shook his head once, the time of the day mattered naught to him.. it was a meeting with her that he hankered for ,really!. Soon enough the heat played tricks with his eyes,  for wherever his eye roved across the fields.. he would see her approaching ..so, before his own foolishness took over him fully , he scooped and  bunched up Kajri on the side of his waist and made way to his favourite haunt. The lamb bleated loudly in protest of being carried on in this sided manner, as opposed either against his wide chest or the back of his cosy neck.. Dutta let her down and she scampered up the mound. and what's more she got to the summit and the tree faster than he did !

He too got to the top .. and sank down on his bottom with his broad back propped up against the bumpy bark of the tree.  One more time he revolved his head to the side of the fence.. where she was most probably meant to emerge from. But much to his angst! nothing came out of nothing.. He felt the hard bansuri.. against his hip and whipped it out and very nearly rammed it under his pouted pink lips.. tu dil ke pukar nehin sunte  Naku.. tu meri bansuri ke awaz  shayed thujhe khench lae? He groaned.. and then his  slender fingers found the openings of his flute, and he drew his breath and blew! The tune rode on the   wings of the breeze and scattered  it's notes all around.. right to the ears of  Naku.. who with Roops arm in arm  crossed over  with a skip in her gait. She turned her head and  her eyes inevitably  fixed on the far off tilla where her prize lay.. the man  that made her heart skip and miss many a beat.. sat calling her.. goading her to come to him with notes that cascaded out his soul and drizzled  upon her where she was...

"Roops there he is! atop the world.. he calls me ! I have to go to him at once.. without wasting time! which is flying by ,why won't it stand still for those who love? Roops pulled Naku back and  asked cautiously as they both trekked through the fields towards the  mud mountain's gradient.. 

"  how can you be so sure that you love him   Naku? don't be hasty.  Naku gave her a sided smile and replied..

" maine zindagi mein kabhi kisi mard se pyar nehin kiya.. and neither did any man love me in return.. no I didn't imagine my var either..  but when I met him, remained  by him for a while.. it felt we were meant to be, I know it's hard to explain... it's just that I feel comfortable with him..waise bhi jis situation mein main hoon.. I asked for his help, and he never promised to assist, but was truthful enough to say.. he would definitely  find an honourable solution.." Roops interrupted her and protested , much confused.

"kya hone wala hai tere saath  Naku? and how can this man of yours help? tell me clearly.. " as they scaled the  slope of the small hill,  Naku reported about her possible forced marriage to Kaido.. Roops ,obviously supported  Naku and consoled her that she would do all in her power to thwart this marriage from happening..

Dutta meanwhile tipped his head back ,closed his eyes and had a siesta.  Naku eventually got to the top and found Dutta asleep.. his bansuri lay nestled against the chest hairs of his open collar black kurta.. Naku wished to surprise him but Kajri bleated and pranced toward's Naku's ghagra and finally grabbed the corner of her chunni between her teeth.. Kajri's bleating.. like always, startled Dutta and he opened his eyes and his head  rolled to the side and his narrowed , reddened drowsy eyes spotted   Naku who stood  shyly in her red and brilliant blue outfit.. feeling the ends of her colourful paranda ! Dutta sniffed and leaned forward, pulled his knees up and reposed his long muscular arms on his knees. he looked ahead.. then sided his head and eyes and said dryly..

" ab kuch bol bhi de.. so I know for sure that tu koi khawab nehin, haqeet hai.." Roops tittered .. as she stood behind  Naku.. and Dutta raised his eyebrow and asked Naku curtly..

"mera pe bahroosa nehin, ju apne saheli ko bhi saath mein le aye humm?  before Dutta could reply he heard   Baji's voice..

"Bhau! areee  ye kya lotcha  hai? and before Dutta  realized would transpired.. Baji came up panting and heaving.. and that's not all Daksha too followed him.. Dutta just shook his head..  and then looked at  Naku helplessly and muttered..

" ye kya hai family get together..?  Baji ye sab tera bakhara lagata hai!   kuch khena tha  Naku se mujhe.. pun tu mau utha ke chala aya  hai! Dutta growled. Baji was most disgruntled and on top of it he tried to lighten the situation by jest infusion..

"erryeee Bhau.. choor na! ju tu  Naku se bole ga.. sab ko pata hai..tum ko  Naku se pyar hai!  Dutta snubbed him as  Naku blushed profusely..

"oyeee bikwas band kar! jab dekho muskhari! kabhi tu serious ho jaya kar.. " Baji's face fell especially as Roops too was present.. than Daksha flew to his rescue..

" Dutta! inta gussa khae ko re?..  Baji ko maine buliye tha.. soocha khenien daer nah ho jaye.. tu maine  Baji ko  Naku ke lagan ke bare mein sab bata diya.. mujhe pata tha aaj  tu  Naku ko milne wala tha.. is liye  Baji ko kaha ,  mujhe tilla pe le kar aya.. so I can brief  Naku.. about what you want done ,Dutta.. so stop deducing that everyone around you is out to get to" she clarified. Dutta of course buttoned up rather uncomfortable. Baji though  grasped that Dutta needed time alone with  Naku.. and he whispered in Daksha's ear. Soon after, Baji took  Roops to the side and Daksha too followed..  Baji said with a dimpled smile

"Daksha vahini,  ise milyen ,ye hai Roops..Naku ke saheli.. aur meri pasand bhi! he sniggered..

Dutta turned his head and gazed at Naku..

" aah ja beitha ja yahan.. mera samna.. he tilted his head a little and noticed her new outfit  and remarked..

"itni saaj ke kisi lagan mein ja rehe hai tu,  humm? he teased as he bopped his head forward towards her..  Naku  giggled and shook her head..

" nehin tu.. aap ke liye saji hoon"

Dutta raised his face up to the sun and closed his eyes ,and gave a cheek to cheek complacent  smile..

" itna pyar de gi tu tera Saab suroor mein he mar jaye ge" she leaned forward and pressed her warm soft palm on his lips and whispered ..

"subh subh bolo Saab", Dutta opened his eyes slowly and lowered her palm gently and said..

" yehe  bolna tha thujhe..I want my babaa to meet you".. to be continued Hamlet53 13.3.15

~~~~~~~~  

Edited by Hamlet53 - 9 years ago
hi hamlet
pleasure is our ..we r thankful you stuck around for usπŸ₯Ί
superb ud.babi told the truth about nana's plot ..meeting with dutta too good ,how would they get out of situation waiting to read😊
hi hammiee

anno aur ud dono mast hai ..will be back 😊
part 4
in ltl what i love most was the par of tasha friendship bond and reading this update and there blossoming friendship is made me enjoy the update very much
chapter 5
poor nakku this nana is totally duffer bas... tsha loneliness even after having families pierced my heart