Ashlok FF: Poste Restante Ch 33 pg 143

bm11 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Dear friends, I'd like to present you a new FF with a complicated title

Poste Restante

I hope it won't discourage you and I give a definition for your convenience:

Poste Restante (or general delivery) is a special service where post office keeps the mail until the addressee claims for it. It could last days, months, years. It the post remains unclaimed it is delivered back to the sender.

Have a nice time๐Ÿ˜‰

Thread II

Thank you dear Serviana for a beautiful picture๐Ÿ‘

If you are interested in my writing here's th link to the previous one:

The Question of Choice

Edited by bm11 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bm11 thumbnail

Poste Restante

Chapter I

They say a glass of Chablis was the best remedy for a broken heart. Astha was not sure about Chablis but Champagne definitely was. When you drank Champagne you celebrated something and if your life gave you no reasons to celebrate then it was your choice to open the bottle and invent them. She sat in the street caf near Notre Dame de Paris and was inventing the occasions... The taste of the drink was similar to sunlight or maybe happiness if somebody would ever be skilled enough to bottle them. There was only one drawback - you could drink happiness but it would not stay with you for long as well as anything you consume; your own happiness should be created buy you yourself and not consumed from others. Tomorrow she would fly back to Pune and would face her parents, would read pity and sympathy on their faces and would give them prepared answers about her being well or content but she wasn't and she doubted she ever would be...

She has studied arts in the best school and in the best city of the world - Paris. Her education started in Pune with anthropology and linguistics and then she opened France for herself. That was a contagious disease not only in language studies but in culture and art as well. She has won a grant to study in France and without any hesitation moved there hoping for the best. She has spent three most happy years of her life there but all came to an end one day when she realized she would not stay in France any longer. She would not spend her life in Paris suburbs bringing up beautiful blue-eyed children as she used to dream. Her blue eyed dream, a shattered dream has forsaken her and was slowly dimming a vanishing in the haze. The dream had a name - Claude, they studied together and then spent their time together and then Astha fell in love with the most handsome man in the world. Spiritual and talented he was exactly the man she dreamed of. He has learnt Hindi because of her being fond of languages as much as she was. Long walks in Montmartre have always been their favorite delight. He was so different from all the men she used to know; selfless and gifted he was ready to enjoy the mysteries of life. Protected by the wealth of his parents he was not oriented to earn a living. Claude was her soul mate and quite recently through his pressing insistence she became his lover which added their relationship completeness; she felt she was bounded to him not by the strings but by the ropes more solid than steel... Astha's parents were aware about her relationship and were ready to accept it as Astha was a child of a progressive family that was recognized in the society due to their strong social and material position. Mr. and Mrs. Kirloskar visited her twice in France and once met Claude to approve of the match later. Astha was only regretting Claude was reluctant to introduce Astha to his parents. Time was passing but Astha's anticipation was not resulting in any possible decisions... until one day when he invited her to meet him at their favorite place at la Cite...

"Astha, I feel broken today... I must talk to you and hope you'll be able to understand my point" she stopped beside him and raised her glance. Astha was always open for him and tried to support her Claude in any possible way "We won't be able to keep our relationship" heard Astha and sensed immediately the flow of the talk would take an unexpected direction, a heart-wrenching one.

He looked at her and his heavenly blue eyes lit with guilt "I will not be able to marry you, I know you expect that step from our relationship but I can't do it. You are a child of a different culture and I understand it good enough to be aware you would not enter the close relationship without awaiting this step from a man. I'm sorry, Astha" she could not grasp the sense. She thought that was not his ideas but whose? He has never told her he would marry her but their mutual understanding implied it; he has never been against that idea they needed to wait that was what he used to tell her and she was ready to wait her beloved as long as necessary. Someone influenced him she was sure of it but how was it possible that her loving Claude, the man who understood shades of her mood at lightning speed spoke to her like a stranger.

"I believe I deserve to know the truth, don't I? You are breaking up with me and... I want to know the reason" curtly demanded Astha hiding her inner fear behind the decisive appearance "Sounds like it was not your decision but whose? Are you in love with someone else?"

He abruptly reacted "NO, of course, not. Please, I can't lie to you and I don't want to hurt you as you are very special to me but...believe me there's no way out, we must part" he felt discomfort talking to her. The entire situation started irritating him getting out of control and he did not want to answer the questions which were too inconvenient... Why women just could not hear the core, they preferred to dig into the depths picking out smallest details... Astha knew everything he has said till that moment was very well rehearsed but she continued the "interrogation" and he lost all the desire to answer as the rest would be impromptu.

"Claude, answer me one last question and I will never address to you again - Why? I want to know" she sounded resolute. He answered reluctantly "My parents do not want me..." she thought he would continue with the words "to marry now" but the reality was way harsher. He pronounced the reason which crushed and crumbled her trust in him "My parents do not want me to have an Indian wife..." and hurriedly continued trying to paint the ugly truth with the wide brushstrokes of false encouragement "Astha, this is the best decision for both of us, believe me... One day you'll marry a guy, I'm sure of it. He will be ready to marry you..."

Astha turned her back towards him listening to his muttering no more and he heard only one line that reminded him of an oath that brides gave at the churches "Oh, I will... I swear I will"

miac thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow super start. .but couldn't find chapter 2
bm11 thumbnail

Chapter II

The plane landed at the airport of Pune and Astha indifferently observed the great bustle and clamor named India. She used to love her birthplace and somehow that feeling hasn't changed; it has just transformed. She became capable of seeing the bigger picture of it, the past and the future, the kings and beggars, the beauty and the decay, the wealth and poverty, the ancient heritage and modern hopes: all that India managed to merged in one canvas. Her torn soul was glad to be at home where she wouldn't be rejected as an alien, or as an undeserving creature. India loved her as she was its daughter and the globetrotter Astha decided to stay at home.

Mrs. Kirloskar was genuinely happy to have an opportunity to hold her only child tight. Parents were eagerly preparing all the possible dishes Astha loved and were sitting and looking at her till she felt embarrassment. "Mom, please you make me so confused, don't look at me like that" Astha felt appeasement and anxiety at the same time. She missed her parents but was not a child anymore to reveal her feelings so effusively or maybe she was simply too tired or too depressed for that kind of happy agitation. Astha told her mother the "happy ending" of her love story but asked her to keep that to her and not to share it with anyone else. Mother was not a confident for Astha as they were separated for a very long time but Astha felt the urgent need to cry her broken heart out. She new there should pass some time until the Kirloskar women would regain the connection if not lost then definitely cracked but time healed everything, Astha hoped for that.

She opened her contact list and decided to make a couple of phone calls to inform her acquaintances about her return. She has lost touch with the majority of the girls but some of them friendly returned or answered her calls. She dialed the number of her schoolgirl friend Jyoti Agnihotri; they used to be rather close before university and French trip. Astha hasn't seen her for more than three years but Jyoti picked up Astha's call in no time. "Astha, is that you???" Jyoti sounded surprised but really lively. Astha realized Jyoti was sincerely glad to hear her but Jyoti was just like that, always happy-go-lucky ray of sunshine. It was only hearing the ringing bell of her voice Astha comprehended how she missed India and all her previous life, life before "him". She missed funny parties where people were forgiven to be not refined or extremely rich; chatting with the girls on the problems so "acute" that they would never occur in real life; when they were at their teens they thought everything in life was in their hands, all the time and space could be crumpled, tossed and flung without regard, everything was replaceable or disposable. Life was valued the least without awe it deserved.

Jyoti was a big part of Astha's remembrances, both families approved of that friendship as they shared the same status and privileges, Astha was spending at Agnihotri's two evenings a week at the very least as well as Jyoti at Kirloskar's. Jyoti was the baby of the family, pampered child with two older brothers. The guys studied at that time and visited parental house only on holidays. Astha's recollections on the family were alive but not exact, she remembered the names of her parents and brothers but hardly could recognize them if she would meet them on the street. When girls were fifteen, Varad was already a grown up of twenty two whom Astha saw a couple of times, Shlok the younger brother was about nineteen at that time and although Astha met him at least three times during university holidays, she could hardly remember his face but her mind graciously kept the image of a tall, slim young man with thick dark hair...

Astha's warm recollections were already afloat when Jyoti continued to shimmer with joy asking Astha all sorts of questions about her well-being "Are you married?" Astha felt the hard injection of pain right in the heart "No, I'm not and you?" Jyoti suddenly burst into laughter and said "I will be... in two weeks" and her laughter eased Astha's pain and suddenly Astha realized Jyoti was happy, really happy with the upcoming events. Jyoti concluded "It's really not a coincidence, Astha, you call me before my wedding. I don't believe in coincidences like that, they say God gives you a coincidence when he doesn't want you to know he's involved" smiled Jyoti "Promise me, you'll come to the wedding, please I invite you and it's official. Will you come?" Astha was touched by Jyoti's sincerity and goodwill; she got out of the habit to like people. More and more she felt bitterness noticing the ugly sides of life she previously preferred not to mark. People were liars, cheaters, snobs and the majority of those disgusting creatures were men. She has learnt to digest them but unlearned to like them questioning and challenging every statement they enunciated. Jyoti was like fresh spring water in the ocean of dirt Astha has been swimming; she would surely come to her wedding though weddings were depressing for Astha like toothache "I will, of course, I will. With pleasure" Jyoti was overwhelmed with feelings "Will you meet me tomorrow? Let's meet at the mall. I'll have to do some shopping. We could have dined together. What would you say?" Astha wanted to meet her desperately and immediately agreed.

The next day they met and Astha realized it was true, that happy girls were the prettiest. Jyoti looked really beautiful, slim and slender. They dined and talked and the time went backward ignoring all the laws of Physics and the declarations of the scientists about the impossibility to travel in time. It was possible, it really was. Jyoti talked about her parents, brothers and bridegroom and Astha's anguish gradually became less perceptible, less piercing at least she could feel her wounded heart stopped bleeding for an hour; that was for the better as Astha had no desire to die of a blood loss...  "Astha, you have changed so drastically. I think Europe has made you a different person" Jyoti was studying her face "Your eyes became... sad?" looked like Jyoti could not believe her eyes "Why are you sad, my dear? Am I mistaken?" Astha did not want to lie to Jyoti "You are mistaken, I'm not sad, not at all" Astha was not sad she was not alive but no one could notice that obvious fact; maybe Mom could, to some extend but... What a funny thing - if a person walked and talked he was considered to be alive...

"You've become so beautiful and refined Astha, I must say I could scarcely recognize you. Beautiful, simply beautiful you are. Beautiful in everything, you remind me of some precious statuette" Astha felt pleased she knew Jyoti was genuine and meant what she was saying. They parted really pleased with each other, one returned to her wedding preparations, the other to her "wedding mourning".

bm11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: miac

Wow super start. .but couldn't find chapter 2

Thanks, I was not that fast๐Ÿ˜†
seeheeryou thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yipee.. You came back!! ๐Ÿ˜Š
And too with another awesome concept!
Claude and Astha, first part is really nice..
Waiting for shlok..
seeheeryou thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Chapter 2 awesome..
Jyothi and astha are friends ๐Ÿ˜ƒ and jyothi's marriage is up! Really interesting turn..
And yaar no pms this time? Daily updates as earlier? Will be waiting..
miac thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bm11

Thanks, I was not that fast๐Ÿ˜†

Oho sorry in between I interrupted but what to do I got excited ...๐Ÿ˜›
bm11 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mayabharathi

love both your updates

Thank you๐Ÿ˜Š