Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hiddenstar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

pretty as always but madz is tryin too hard these days and she is everywhere..its kinda getting irritating :/

Mistyy thumbnail
^^ i agree,  love Madhuri, but she needs to hire a better PR.
Overexposure is not always good either.
Edited by dazzelll - 9 years ago
rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Oh my word..Madhuri is literally everywhere..Way too much exposure..The aura that MD had has drastically reduced thanks to this.In a few days time, we are gonna have Madhuri worshiping sessions on JDJ every week😆
chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Pumped some more in her cheeks.
.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: SilkOrganza

and why is she doing Jhalak again?

she has been making wrong moves lately careerwise

What else can she do? Bollywood is male-dominated. She won't get the same kind of scripts she used to in the past. But with the stuff she's getting, she's doing a great job selecting things like DI and GG. Most of the younger actresses take the major endorsements too. Jhalak is her domain. And she makes amazing money there too. So why shouldn't she do that?
Originally posted by: .Anamika.

What else can she do? Bollywood is male-dominated. She won't get the same kind of scripts she used to in the past. But with the stuff she's getting, she's doing a great job selecting things like DI and GG. Most of the younger actresses take the major endorsements too. Jhalak is her domain. And she makes amazing money there too. So why shouldn't she do that?

I doubt she is here for money. Her husband is pretty loaded. 

I don't even know why she wants to return. She is way too old for the industry now. In couple of years she will get movies where she has to play mother to ranveer singh or tiger shroff.
I personally thought both madhuri and juhi were pretty bad in GG. But on the whole the movie was pretty bad. 

Madhuri, go back to america and spare us
.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: gameon

I doubt she is here for money. Her husband is pretty loaded. 

I don't even know why she wants to return. She is way too old for the industry now. In couple of years she will get movies where she has to play mother to ranveer singh or tiger shroff.
I personally thought both madhuri and juhi were pretty bad in GG. But on the whole the movie was pretty bad. 

Madhuri, go back to america and spare us

That right there is why I'm so thankful an "older" actress wants to continue act. Why is it that actresses have a shelf life? Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan are not "way too old" now I suppose? 

Madhuri is gorgeous and talented and if she wants to continue acting after getting married and having kids, she sure as hell should! If a woman is career-minded, then what is so wrong in that? 

Gulab Gang was bad? So then what would you call Jai Ho? And all the masala copy-paste movies? 
Originally posted by: .Anamika.

That right there is why I'm so thankful an "older" actress wants to continue act. Why is it that actresses have a shelf life? Salman Khan, Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan are not "way too old" now I suppose? 

Madhuri is gorgeous and talented and if she wants to continue acting after getting married and having kids, she sure as hell should! If a woman is career-minded, then what is so wrong in that? 

Gulab Gang was bad? So then what would you call Jai Ho? And all the masala copy-paste movies? 

See its not what I think or what I say matters. This is bollywood and actresses have shelf life. You like it or not this is the fact. Unlike hollywood where meryl streep inspite of being 64 is winning oscars for lead actress. 
When it comes to actress, Indians don't care about their acting, all they want is skin show. Sorry but this is how it is. Pick up any recent movie and you cant deny the fact. Katrina Kaif was asked to tone down so she could look more appealing in her role for Dhoom 3. Why did Ragini MMS 2 worked inspite of being pretty boring? Exceptions will always be there like anywhere. Sonakshi Sinha for e.g. Queen movie for e.g. 
If we talk about actors, India has created only 2 superstars after 2000 i.e. Hritik and Ranbir. Now somewhat ranveer. They don't want to see their Khans go away. 
I have nothing against old women, but I seriously don't think Madhuri can do it again whatever she is trying to do. She will end up looking like a desperate actress who had a glory past. 
And Jai Ho, it was one of the most pathetic movie I have ever seen. Jai Ho + Dhoom 3 alone has single handedly lowered the standard of bollywood.
GG could have been made well but they failed miserably. The court case gave them some solid publicity and the movie should have gone to be below average at best but it ended up being a disaster. Not even flop but disaster. Word of mouth was horrible 
atominis thumbnail
Problem with Madhuri is not age but over exposure and lack of reinvention. Same old toothy smile flashed everywhere! Same hairstyle like she had in 90s!

Arre! Atleast come with a different look and in different avatar!

Sridevi looks NOTHING like she was in her heydays. She's reinvented herself. She is exclusive and discrete with her public appearances, endorsements and films. Same with Juhi.

Why is MD stuck in same old La Dixit mould?

I also feel she should do something more "sensible". Like how Hema Malini did social activism and became editor of women's magazines in 90s when people clearly got tired of her Dream girl, beauty queen acts.

On this cover, why is MD chosen to relive Maharani Gayatri Devi era? I believe the only person most suited for such a feature is Aishwarya Rai! She has that regal aura, old world charm and in some ways shares common facial features with the Maharani. She was considered for a role in a biopic on her too.

MD should take a cue from past actresses in expanding her role as a celeb and from Vidya Balan in terms of roles for mature actresses.

She had more different expressions and poses to offer in 80s and 90s! Nowadays it seems she is permanently fixed in that "smile" mode!