Posted: 9 years ago
https://i.imgur.com/6v6ZYvc.png

https://i.imgur.com/raTo3Gy.jpg

Mahabharat Is Not Only The Story Of The Family Feud Between The Kauravas And The Pandavas. It Is The Story Of Our Bharat, Our Mahabharat. It Includes Many Stories That Have Been Added To The Main Epic, Over A Period Of Time, Which Represents All The Historical Periods And Contains The Emotions, Joy, Pain And Love Of All People In India, Right From Kashmir To As Far As The Kanyakumari, Which Is Indeed The Mahabharat.

This Is A Small Try From My Side, To Pen Down The Greatest Epic Of All Times. I Hope My Friends Over Here Will Like It. My Introduction ? I Am Proteeti Aka Radhey...I Am Mostly Active In Th Star Plus' Mahabharat Forum And The Mythological Masti Forum...And, Most Importantly, I Am A Diwani Of Kanhaji, My Lord Krishna...

Scroll Down For The Index !

Edited by Radhikerani - 9 years ago
Prologue

The Greatest Of Sages, Sage Shaunak Had Been Performing A Sacrifice That Continued Over 12 Years, In A Forest called Naimisharanya. One Day, Ugrashrava, Nicknamed Sauti, The Son Of Sage Lomharshan Arrived At The Holy Place. The Sages Present There Asked, "O Sauti, Where Have You Been All These Days ?" Sauti Replied, "O The Great Sages Present Here, I Had Been In The 'Sarpa-yagya' (Sacrifice Of Snakes) Of King Janmejaya. There I Heard The Beautifully Constructed Saga Of Mahabharat Written By Sage Krishna-dwaipayan From Sage Vaishampayan. Then I Went Across Many Holy Places, And Now I Have Come To Witness This Huge Sacrifice Of The Great Sage Shaunak, Which Has Become Purer By The Holy Presence Of All Of You Holy Sages Who Have Sat After Offering Your Part Of The Sacrifice Into The Holy Fire. Order, What Pure Tale Shall I Narrate To Entertain You ? Should I Narrate The Upanishads Or The Holy Vedas ?" One Of The Sages Replied, "No Great Sage Sauti, We Wish To Hear The Great Epic Narrated By Sage Vaishampayan At The Holy Sacrificial Grounds Of King Janmejaya." The Other Sages Nodded In Approval. Sauti Then Took The Holy Name Of Hari, The One Who Resides In Hrishikesh...

After Constructing The Saga Of Mahabharat, Sage Vyas Thought How To Preserve This Epic ? Then, Lord Brahma, The Creator Appeared To Him And Said, "My Child, Approach Lord Ganesh, The Son Of Mahayogi Maheshvar Shiva. He Will Help You." But, When Sage Vyas Went To Lord Ganesha With This Proposal, He [Lord Ganesh] Laid Down A Condition That He [Lord Ganesh] Is Ready To Pen The Epic Down For Rishi Ved-vyas, But He Would Stay Only Till He [Ved-vyas] Told Him Something To Write. Sage Vyas Replied, "My Lord, I Accept Your Condition, But I Have A Condition Too. You Shall Not Write Without Understanding The Meaning Of What You Are Writing." So, When They Started, Vyas Created Such Complicated Couplets, That Even Lord Ganesh, The Greatest Of The Wise, Had To Think or A While To Understand Them, And The Clever Sage Used That Time To Create The Next Set Of Shlokas (Couplets).

After Pleading To Him, Maharshi (Greatest Sage) Ved-vyas Gave The Permission, Only To His Student, Sage Vaishampayan, To Narrate This Great Epic And Make It Known To The World.

To Be Continued...

Edited by Radhikerani - 9 years ago
Nice one 👏 waiting for next part 😊Edited by Uma90 - 9 years ago
It is grt ...
Plsss continue 
Thanx 4 pm me ...
great start!
do continue!..👏
good luck!...