28 Things Which Happen Only At Indian Weddings - Page 2

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by MR.KooL

3 idiots dialogue,"hum science ki taraf se aaye hain"πŸ˜†
okπŸ˜†
mujhe laga because i had said if physics was a guy i'll marry himπŸ˜†πŸ€£
As a South Indian ( Saraswat  Konkani community) in our marriages most of the above doesn't happen :P.  
Our food ( morning /lunch) is without garlic and onion . Dinners have the regular punjabi/ community based/ and chinese/ thai etc. And our Pheras are during the Day when everyone is awake and the " HALL" ( wedding) is full at least 200 people aroud.πŸ˜†

No Non Veg, no Drinking, no Naach Gaana...( though some have the Sangeet ).

Its well organized ceremony. In contrast we appear pretty tame πŸ˜†

Edited by Mithuu - 9 years ago
^^ even bong weddings are a lot low key
nowadays people do sangeet and stuff but all those dancing waghera do not happen

but we do have non veg at our weddings

Originally posted by Mithuu

As a South Indian ( Saraswat  Konkani community) in our marriages most of the above doesn't happen :P.  
Our food ( morning /lunch) is without garlic and onion . Dinners have the regular punjabi/ community based/ and chinese/ thai etc. And our Pheras are during the Day when everyone is awake and the " HALL" ( wedding) is full at least 200 people aroud.πŸ˜†

No Non Veg, no Drinking, no Naach Gaana...( though some have the Sangeet ).

Its well organized ceremony. In contrast we appear pretty tame πŸ˜†

I'm a Maharashtrian Brahmin & it's the same for us as well as you have mentioned.  
Edited by SG200 - 9 years ago
The dancing aunties, wedding crashers, meeting your dad's sixth cousin's grandson's wife, staying up all night before the wedding, all sound familiar and I'm not even indian πŸ˜†
Indian weddings are honestly the BEST. Meeting new people, dancing like there is no tomorrow and eating more than humanly possible are definitely my favourite parts of the extravaganza. Even my grandmother will start dancing but there is also the less glamorous indian wedding hangover. πŸ˜†
Edited by -mist-angel- - 9 years ago
Not to forget the zabardast dance after 3-4 drinks. πŸ˜† All uncles suddenly become dance champs.πŸ˜†
And the dress shopping that precedes the wedding! Uff! Dress 1, dress 2, dress 3... dress infinity!πŸ˜†
And the jewellery dukaan is everywhere around you.πŸ˜†
And last but not the least, sitting in the beauty parlour and panicking about your hair 5-6 hours before the wedding rasams begin.πŸ˜†
Originally posted by LeadNitrate

^^ even bong weddings are a lot low key
nowadays people do sangeet and stuff but all those dancing waghera do not happen

but we do have non veg at our weddings

I agree that Bong weddings are really low. But nowadays we have a mehendi and Sangeet together and we do have DJ during reception.πŸ˜†

Quote [24. The impromptu rishta' hook-ups. Uncles and aunties are always hunting for suitable grooms or brides for their single kids.]

Now days this happens with me in every wedding as in every wedding turms to matrimonial ad for meπŸ˜†
This is why, I love attending weddings!!