pradip200 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Another Saha in SMS plea

- Lil' Champs aspirant seeks votes from native state

Tushar Saha holds up a poster of Abhro. Picture by Eastern Projections

Guwahati, Sept. 8: One is from Silchar, the other from Bongaigaon. Both share the surname Saha, their native state, their passion for music and the grit that took them to Mumbai for a tryst with fame.

And 13-year-old Abhro Saha hopes his similarities with Voice of India Debojit Saha do not end there.

For, Abhro is aiming to replicate Debojit's success on the same platform — ZEE TV's musical reality show SA RE GA MA PA. Whereas Debojit was declared Voice of India earlier this year, Abhro is vying for the Lil' Champs title.

With roots in Bongaigaon in Lower Assam — and now based in Calcutta — Abhro hopes that he will receive the same support that Debojit did from his native place to win the contest.

Voting lines will be open from September 15, said Tushar Saha, Abhro's grandfather, who is in Assam to garner support for the "son of the soil".

"I was born and brought up in Bongaigaon. But my job as a physician took me to Calcutta. My brothers and sisters are settled in Bongaigaon. But once a year, I, along with my family, including Abhro, visit our ancestral home in Bongaigaon," said the sexagenarian.

Edited by pradip200 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anuradha thumbnail
Vote for Abhro 😕 😕 oh no voting again... meaning the top 6 will have voting.. Cant see these kids begging for votes 😭
music_masti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
i thought for the kids who came back only face public voting, then why abhrokanthi

so srgmp is changing the style, so no need of judges anymore 😡
pradip200 thumbnail

ABHROKANTI SAHA

City: Kolkata

Abhrokanti is a student of Bidan Nagar Govt. High School, Kolkata. Ever-smiling Abhrokanti is not only the topper in his studies, but has also been a very serious student of classical music since the age of five. His first Guru was his grand mother. Before going to school, he spends an hour everyday in prayers. He loves beaches and is proud of his aquarium and his collection of wrist watches. He loves cooking, but only with help of recipe books. He wishes to be a playback singer and get respect for his singing
rongmon thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
So Abhra is from Assam and Calcutta, hope the issue of regionalism will not be back to the forum as the c2005 days .
ajooni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ans24us1

Vote for Abhro 😕 😕 oh no voting again... meaning the top 6 will have voting.. Cant see these kids begging for votes 😭

agree with you anu

Edited by ankita31 - 17 years ago
ajooni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rongmon

So Abhra is from Assam and Calcutta, hope the issue of regionalism will not be back to the forum as the c2005 days .

how unfair to abro (and the other kids too)..my fear is that public voting will only serve to undermine their talent

Edited by ankita31 - 17 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: ans24us1

haha... i wouldnt call that begging, i'd call it persuasive public speaking- speaking to convince the public. and it's a far more important skill to develop, if u ask me, than learning to sing all those "i love u" kind of songs.😉

ab bakee sab kuch seekh sakte hain, toh yeh important real-world skill kyoon naheen?  😛

teenindia_usa thumbnail
ummm, I knew the show would not survive without public voting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they are using same tactics as in sare 2005!!!!!!!!!!!
vanajakshi thumbnail

this is very very sad.