Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

realitybites thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Why doesn't IF just create a league on the IPL fantasy site and post the league code so IF members can join? Simpler eh?

RTH, what you suggest has complications. It is not so simple. IPL fantasy league is a copyright and it needs permissions or association with the web site or the product to use their platform. IF is a huge site related to TV whereas that is sports. Moreover the members here are bonded together through -be it TV soaps, BW or debates etc and share many things. The members share information and know about personal likes/dislikes and have built a personal comfort zone. On the sports site it is strangers and hence the preference would be to be with known people   IF also extends a certain amount of privacy for members which is less present through FB/Twitter login on the IPL Fantasy site. This will help members have fun and enjoy IPL when they visit IF.

Its all in good fun, join in.😳
BeingBlunt thumbnail
Originally posted by: -RD-

Wicketkeepers are classified as Wicketkeepers ,Batsman as Batsman and classification is what defines their roles and selection profile and no of allrounders can be 0-3

Yes, what i meant was 1 wicket keeper is mandatory and any other wicket keeper we pick will be classified a s batsman. Is it Ok.
piggie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
owk my tem is formed aswell as i have the pm aswell i also posted a doubt der but seems like u will take time going through it.. so i will ask the same doubt here.
well see now i make to a team of playing 11 n 6 substitutes..
i havent included some team players in my playing 11 but they are a part of substitutes, now if in a situation there is a match between 2 teams both of whose players arent  part of playing 11 will the substitutes be considered for the scoring purpose.?
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: sscomp32

Yes, what i meant was 1 wicket keeper is mandatory and any other wicket keeper we pick will be classified a s batsman. Is it Ok.

Nope whose classified as a Wicket keeper goes into the wicket keeper slot only and cannot be used as a batsman
-Deepzz- thumbnail
A request to all  members . Please PM only your team names for registration purpose to the ID   ContestEntries. Any doubts and queries post in this thread itself for clarifications.  
BeingBlunt thumbnail
Originally posted by: -RD-

Nope whose classified as a Wicket keeper goes into the wicket keeper slot only and cannot be used as a batsman

Ok . So the one classified as WK/Batsman like Sanju samson can be picked as batsman.
It thats the case B mccullum should be marked as WK/Batsman because mccullum will not keep whenever he plays because MSD will be the keeper for CSK.

And how are Rahul Shukla/ Siddharth Kaul all rounders? Shukla has an average of 6 and kaul has not even completed 50 rums in T20 cricket. Please change them.

Edited by sscomp32 - 10 years ago
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: _BullsEye_

If u are making a specific league for IF then at least do few changes not just copy paste from other sites. How on earth KP & Gayle are categorized as Allrounders & Raina as Batsman?😕 Its not possible to make a balanced eleven for a full week from such limited options. Either change min batters count in squad from 4 to 3 or put KP & Gayle as Batsman😳

Thanks for pointing out the errors😳. Have corrected it.

We will change the format from next time and make changes according to the forum members best interest, this is trial for us and the members😊.

PS! The Cricket Fantasy league concept has been inspired from soccer only so neither yahoo or cricketinfo etc are the original creators!
GunDaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Aahaana

Thanks for pointing out the errors😳. Have corrected it.

We will change the format from next time and make changes according to the forum members best interest, this is trial for us and the members😊.

PS! The Cricket Fantasy league concept has been inspired from soccer only so neither yahoo or cricketinfo etc are the original creators!

okay so what will be our winning Prize ??
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: sscomp32

Ok . So the one classified as WK/Batsman like Sanju samson can be picked as batsman.
It thats the case B mccullum should be marked as WK/Batsman because mccullum will not keep whenever he plays because MSD will be the keeper for CSK.

And how are Rahul Shukla/ Siddharth Kaul all rounders? Shukla has an average of 6 and kaul has not even completed 50 rums in T20 cricket. Please change them.

Yes , he can be picked as a batsman

Abt the rest please note all the classifications are done keeping in mind that selecting 11 players is not so easy and that choices have to be made despite the flexibility given since there is no overall monetary restriction here! Edited by -RD- - 10 years ago
munnihyderabad thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: piggie

owk my tem is formed aswell as i have the pm aswell i also posted a doubt der but seems like u will take time going through it.. so i will ask the same doubt here.

well see now i make to a team of playing 11 n 6 substitutes..
i havent included some team players in my playing 11 but they are a part of substitutes, now if in a situation there is a match between 2 teams both of whose players arent  part of playing 11 will the substitutes be considered for the scoring purpose.?

If you have posted your query in the PM to ContestEntries it will go unnoticed, as that is used only for sending teams., please post all your doubts and queries only in this thread, so that we don't miss any of your questions. 

A team can have only 11 players for one complete week during the prelims ,and only 6 of the 11 players of the current team can be replaced/substituted with other players, example if you want to remove a batsman from your current team, that slot can be substituted only by a new batsman, a batsman cannot be substituted by a bowler.

These new team list after substitutions, if any, can be sent only after the second Match on Sunday night and before first match on Monday evening. If you fail to PM your new team list during the said time slot, you will continue with the current team over the following week as well.

If there is a match on a day, and if neither teams have any of  the members from your selected team  that day none of your players will be scored ,and they will be scored only on the day they play their match.