Kumkum Bhagya

Kumkum Bhagya is a positive & an intense love story

abhiyaneet8 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
The very talented and beautiful actress Sriti Jha, who was recently seen portraying the character of Ganga in Colors' popular showBalika Vadhu, is quite excited to be a part of Balaji's upcoming show Kumkum Bhagya onZee TV which is going to be an intense love story. Sriti will be seen playing a different character from what she has played earlier and she is happy about it. 

TellyBuzz spoke to Sriti to know more about her character in Kumkum Bhagya and what kept her busy during her break time. 

Sriti Jha who has been praised for her acting skills in her previous shows seems to be a travel buff as during her sabbatical she traveled and explored many places, "I have been busy travelling these days. I went to Kerala and Sikkim and just returned to Mumbai few days ago. It was a beautiful experience and I had so much fun. 2014 has begun on a very good note and I hope that it continues to be a good year ahead too. I travelled to two places and enjoyed a lot. I just planned to go to Sikkim happened suddenly. I did all the arrangements in a hurry as my plan to travel places was decided unexpectedly. I travelled alone so it was lots of fun. I like to travel alone as I can explore the city well and then I can also commute with the localities and the people. I like knowing about various good places which are popular for eating and clicking pictures (Laughs). I enjoyed roaming in various cities and it was an over whelming experience for me. Apart from this, I watched lots of brilliant movies of 2013. I am just looking forward to the year 2014 and I hope that it's going to be a good year. Now I am hoping thatKumkum Bhagya will happen soon."  

When asked Sriti about how did she bag the show Kumkum Bhagya, she added, "The show happened to me like a regular process. I gave a look test and got finalized for the show."

Elaborating more about the show Kumkum Bhagya, Sriti says, "The show is really good and very interesting. It's very relatable and a happy show. It's positive and an intense love story and I loved the idea of it. I am fortunate enough that I am a part of it and I am quite excited about it."  

So what attracted Sriti to the show? "The first thing which attracted me the most is that it's a love story which I haven't done it from a long time and I was eager to act in a love story. The second thing was that it's my first show with Balaji and Zee. The third thing which attracted me was the character as she is believes in herself. She is responsible and very mature.  My character is very simple and portraying the character in some of the intense and difficult situations would be interesting to play. I have always portrayed powerful characters which had to be enacted well on-screen. So, I haven't played this kind of a character and never in an intense love story," she says.

Talking about her character in the show, Sriti further added, "I am playing the character of an elder sister of in the family. There are mainly women in this family with two sisters and a mother. The mother is very keen to get her daughters married. I am playing the character of a girl who is very responsible; she can take the responsibility of her whole family. She is a very positive girl who sees happiness in everything. Many people can relate themselves to this character. There is a lot of depth in the character and it's intense. In spite of this, it's a very believable character, who is nice, mature and a smart girl." 

We also quizzed Sriti about her look in the show. She told us, "She is very simple and her priority is to take care of her family because she is very close to her family and loves them a lot. I think she is going to stick to the simplicity of her character and her looks which are yet to be finalized."  

As Sriti will be working with Ekta Kapoor for the very first time, when we asked her about how she feels being in Ekta's camp she told us, "I am very excited about it as I have seen her creating passionate love stories earlier. So, I am excited about the kind of work I will be doing. I hope it will be a good and a challenging work ahead and I am always ready to face challenges." 

We wish Sriti all the best for her new show!  

Edited by abhiyaneetu - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ananya80 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing.she is surely  bundle  of talent.
Mahaali2905 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Sriti jha is a talented actress
Mahaali2905 thumbnail
Kumkum bhaya is a good show
Mahaali2905 thumbnail
Pragya plays a mature girl role in KB
Mahaali2905 thumbnail
Like Sriti we all are excited also 4 KB
Shanu1818 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Tfs. Happy to see Sriti really enjoing plaing Pragya. She is awesome.
Mahaali2905 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Shanu1818

Tfs. Happy to see Sriti really enjoing plaing Pragya. She is awesome.

hmm thats gr8