Frequent Posters

sam_0506 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Wrong post😳 Edited by flemingo - 10 years ago
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
My dear Lana,

That I attached a lot of importance to replying properly to this eloquent lament of yours is shown by the fact that I am back here, over 2 weeks late, to do just that.

First, I must thank you, profusely and most sincerely, for the  very warm words you have had for this post of mine, one of my all time favourites.

Next, what can I say, my dear, but that we are completely on the  same wavelength about the dismal goings on in this serial? The part @blue says it all, and says it far better than I could have myself.And the parting shot about doormats is so funny that I am still laughing as I re-read it! It is no two cents, Lana, more like 72!

I agree 111% with you about the kind of fake feminism floating around this place. Star_girl had complained bitterly about the very people who were ready to fight virtual fights for virtual characters not being ready to walk their talk when asked to volunteer to join active groups fighting to curb violence against women, domestic and public.

As for your point about the disservice being done to the Rajvanshis in Jodha Akbar by portraying them as terminally stupid, well, I do not think many here can think thru that. Neither the members nor the Karni Sena, which should really be protesting big time about this real defamation.

I also liked the original comment about Mahaam in the section in red. I suppose she hates Jodha because she realises, right from the beginning, that Jodha is the one who will ultimately be able to influence Jalal much more than she has ever been able to do, and on a permanent basis. Then of course there is the Hindu-hating element, which is very  strong in Mahaam. She resents the fact that they had to take shelter with the Rajput kings when Humayun was in exile, and instead of gratitude, which is so overwhelming in Hamida Banu, in Mahaam there is only corrosive resentment and hostility.

I do not think you have seen the very  few posts I have made since then:

1)Jodha Akbar 212: Manna from Heaven or a mrigtrishna ?
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/104356929
2)Jodha Akbar 213: Masterly sophistry (a mini)
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/104396737
3)Jodha Akbar 214: The meltdown- Part 1
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3983195
If you have the time and the inclination, do take a look at them; they might amuse you if nothing else!
The Jodha Akbar 214 will be my last thread here, for I am not going to do any more standalone posts. But there are two mini analyses of 2 recent episodes in that thread, at

-https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/104939428 of April 18 &
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/104999563 of Aoril 19.
Lana, there is nothing to be done but lament for our lost emperor.  And for poor Jodha  Begum as well, the real one, who must be spinning in her grave due to angry frustration at this travesty to which her character has been reduced.

I hope we can  still keep in touch occasionally, and I hope too that you  have seen the PM I sent you some days back.

Affectionately,

Shyamala

Originally posted by: lghosh

Shyamala great post as usual, you deserve all the accolades just like Rajat does for portraying Jalal's pathos, pain, hurt, a feeling of betrayal, for the insult he felt about his love for Jodha!!! 

I will not say much about Rajat's performance, you said it all. πŸ‘

I went through some of the posts in the forum about how insensitive Jalal was when he was pulling Jodha's hair or shoved her and she cried in pain and how undeserving Jalal is as a husband and how he doesn't deserve Jodha as his wife. πŸ˜²

Reading these posts really keeps me away from the forum these days! Many have written against such notions and I wondered all these young girls wearing glasses of feminism is watching a historical epic story of the 16th century with no idea about how the society worked then and specially the story of the Mughal emperor belonging to an orthodox and conservative dynasty. None of these people thought what Jalal was or how single handedly he stood out from that dynasty when he poured his heart out to Jodha and then let her go, freed her from himself, let her live without slaying her which any king or emperor would have done back in those days be it Rajvanshi or Mughal. So all of you who were wondering whether Jalal would be a husband material that Jodha or any other girl should deserve should think it from this POV. He let his ego go, his pain go, his identity go, his love go, his soul go...he freed her without avenging her for his pain and betrayal.

Even a girl who is not married will face these accusations from her parents if they found her meeting a stranger night after night all alone without revealing as to why she is doing it. And husbands, parents and wives of this modern age will also ask questions if they found their other half doing the same act hiding and concealing as to why they are doing so. All I can say to these naive girls is 'good luck' for your future! Hope you all find the husband material you all are looking for because the doormats look good outside the door of your room not if you wear them making a part of yourself. It starts to irritate by pricking and itching! Sigh!

And to top this Jalal will be shown repenting falling on his knees asking for forgiveness from Jodha and her halo will be glowing brighter and healthier showing how pure and chaste her love always was. Will I also hear an apology from her? I will be immensely surprised if I do. And if she does the whole forum will either protest as to why she did so or rave and sing praises of her 'mahaanta'! 

Sorry to say, the CV's to portray the honor of a promise of the Rajvanshis has made them look utterly and stupendously foolish to the gravest degree. Sujamal specially, along with Jodha are shown as extremely dense and thick headed in dire situations of life and death. I am surprised the Karni sena didn't protest seeing such foolishness on part of Rajvanshis!

And this particular comment will get stones coming my way but Paridhi failed big time on Friday as far as acting is concerned. She is a good actress and whenever she has to portray anger or being rude to Jalal she is beyond compare but when she had to portray the hurt and pain she failed completely. She was good as Kajri also toning herself down to a marked degree and showed her softer side too but Friday was an utter disappointment to me. If the CV's were to blame for not giving her the opportunity to speak then one should give double effort to portray the inner feelings through eyes. All I could see was the look of disbelief from her all throughout! No indignation, no feeling of insult, no rage, no repentance, no admonishing herself, no dilemma in her mind as to what to do or say, no angst against Sujamal for putting herself in that spot, no effort to calm Jalal, no effort to even say something without betraying her promise...there was NOTHING, simply a blank look which conveyed nothing! 

Even when Jalal poured his heart about loving her all she did was close her eyes nodding her head!! 2 seconds would be required to answer 'yes I love him like a brother'. When asked by Jalal whether she loved the stranger all she nneded to answer was, 'Haan, bhai jaisa', that was all! If an actor gets one line or just one second of close profile they will pour their 101% in that one second to convey their talent and caliber and here all those moments that was focused on Jodha only gave us looks of despair and disbelief which made me feel disappointed and angry, I can imagine what Jalal must have felt seeing that look. I really felt Paridhi just failed big time in her acting in that scene. 

And yes part of the blame goes to CV's as well. First of all nonsensical promise which makes no sense in that situation, bad script or no script as far as Jodha was concerned, bad track to convey Jalal's utter trust and devotion to Jodha which will follow now and I am sure as usual Maham will get away scotfree from all this without any question asked so that she can plot again for her next scheme.

I even fail to understand as to why she is against Jodha so much, just because once a maid told her how she will bow to a hindu begum!!! Makes no sense to me! Anyway who am I to the CV's, they need omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent antagonist all the time to keep the female protagonist look 'bechari' and 'mahaan' and in this process the male protagonist is made to look like an utter fool.

And Sandhya as to what you wrote here Jalal survived even before Jodha was in his life but you fail to see what the CV's right from the beginning is trying to convey. Yes Jalal was the emperor but a cruel and heartless one, ek janwaar tha woh jisse insaan banaya Jodha ne. So there you go, he survived yes but learned to live like a human being only after Jodha came along in his life and taught him about all the virtues of life! πŸ₯±

Anyway fantastic tribute to Rajat's performance. πŸ‘πŸΌ And I now feel great in putting my 2 cents. πŸ˜ƒ Fabulous post like always!