Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rashika thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
It's ok bai sa.
I'm sure we can wait.
Like you said we can go back and read part 1 again.
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: napstermonster

Guys:

I am sorry for this delay in posting-all day Friday I didn't have access to the India Forums site. I did today, I was being lazy and just when I decided to post, for some reason, I cant do it properly from word doc. I-F is not allowing me to post the second part of Yesterday (Repentance) without seriously messing up the formatting and deleting portions of it randomly. Peculiar stuff. I will have to wait for tomorrow when the tech savvy men in my life come back home to help me post Part 2.

For now, my apologies--all I'm able to post without complications is stuff I actually type into the Quick Reply portion--nothing from Word will paste. And, Baisas, I love you, each and every one of you--but even for my angels I cant retype a 3000 word update into India Forums's crappy system !

Thoda aur intezaar--though I'm disappointed too--I really wanted your comments on Part 2!  Reread Part 1, in the meantime, if you like! ðŸ˜Š

OK I was going to come here with a Dhokebaas line!! 😆

Can I help? I know what to do lol.

Copy the whole update from word doc.
Paste it in a Notepad.

Copy the content of the Notepad with Ctrl+A & Ctrl+C

And then get to IF
Open a new post and paste it now!!

It should do the job..

See I am ready to do anything to get that part!! pls pls post karo!! I will love u even more than I already do! pakka! 🤗😆

Edited by princessunara - 10 years ago
nehapushkar thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Waiting, waiting,  waiting, waiting
  Waiting, waiting,  waiting, waiting
  Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting
  Waiting,  waiting, waiting, waiting, 
  Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting,
  Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting

Aur kitan intezar 
  Jaldi post kar do

1sarun thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Like always, awesome, love reading your works. I'm kind of in a haze about the Yesterday, so it's all a nightmare and the girl in his nightmare is Parvati. I'll wait for the next one in this series to understand what's all this is about.
Aruni. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Napster sa, How about now? Is your IF problem solved? ðŸ˜³
Exprimere thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
IF does weird things with its codes. I will kill forum codes one day. They treat my phone like an alien.
I shall keep calm and wait. *Buddha Pose*
sairam03 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome...your writing skills and your blackmail in the end. 😊
_SilverLining_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Very Intense, Napster baisa...U are so well with the intense stuff it makes me giddy sometimes to read what you are giving us! This was one such update..
When I read the yesterday part in the earlier OS, I couldn't imagine anything that could be more disturbing than that one. But you have again outdid yourself. Always one for redemption tracks, seems even I was unprepared for such a portrayal of it.
To be honest when u said repentance I was expecting more of love scenes BASED ON guilt and not such a raw portrayal of guilt itself. So when I read the first para I was like 'Areh what is happening, did I miss a part out there or what?' But as I read on till the end and then went on to reread it a few times more, I realised how important this part was-how it gives the reader a very strong picture of Rudra's current stare of mind after he realises what he has done to Paro, how he has physically and mentally tormented the innocent girl and how the guilt is now eating him up, tormenting him several times more. Guilt has an ugly face and Rudra's realisation of his misdeeds materialising as this nightmare made me shudder.
After this I m more hungry for the second part than I ever was! Such strong redemption, I can't wait to read it.. Please please post it soon na!!
Sorry for being a lil late in commenting, was stalking you and this thread but dint have the peace of mind required to sit down and write something proper to praise such talent 😊 Oshadharon!Edited by _SilverLining_ - 10 years ago
napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7

YESTERDAY--PART 2: "Is he out of ICU Holding yet? When can we get access to Jasheem Khan?" Scrubbing a bandaged hand across his face, Rudra sat up on his couch. Only the acutest observer would be able to detect the tremors that still shook him as the last remnants of his nightmare played through his sleep- fogged mind. 

Aman, however, was exactly such an observer. "Whats wrong, sir? Another nightmare?" Aman asked, taking perverse pleasure in his question. Rudra did not respond. He got up, shakily, from his makeshift bed on the office couch. Rudra prowled his office now, avoiding piles of papers, carelessly thrown bandages, a litter of old clothing and half devoured plates of food. The office once a bastion of perfect order, looked as out of control and manic as its owner did.

Rudra, his uniform stained and wrinkled, the deep shadow of his unshaven beard darkening his bruised jaw, did not look like the Rudra of just two days past. This was fitting, perhaps. Aman thought that none of them could go back to being the people that they used to be. The untainted men they had been before Corporal Jasheem Khan tried to whip Parvati Vader to death one evening with half the BSD watching as an audience to his atrocity.

Old sins had long shadows--and new sins did not stand still long enough to cast any. Restlessness, thrumming pain, an ever-increasing burden of the soul. Rudra had to feel these. Aman knew it. He had to. It wasn't exactly as if Aman had no idea what had happened when he had raced into this office to shake Rudra awake. This was, after all, the third time Aman had come in, to see Rudra thrashing and screaming, in the middle of what could only be described as a horrific mental break. No ordinary sleep, this dream his boss kept having. That made him scream again and again with horror and torment, the one he could not emerge from without someone physically forcing him awake.

Rudra were clearly suffering from no ordinary nightmare. Surely this meant something. Some sense of responsibility, some guilt. Aman had been suffering from those too. He dreamt, whenever he could no longer stay awake, of macabre scenes where Parvati was actually dead, where he, Aman, could not reach her in time. Nightmares  where he burst open that closed cell door after finding proof of her innocence, only to see Parvati dead, on the floor. Quite frankly, Aman had been trying his best to not fall asleep at all, nowadays. But these nightmares were their penance. His and Rudra's. These dream-horrors that left him shaking and incoherent when he woke up. And he had not even been the perpetrator of the crime against Parvati, the culprit who should have known better. And who had still brought  Jasheem Khan into that innocent's life--Aman had just been the person who had been too helpless to stop it.

Rudra, now--he should suffer. And he was. But did he truly feel remorse? Or was it shock and anger, at having misjudged Jasheem Khan, at having made such an error in his planning and strategy? Did his guilt involve Parvati at all? Of this, Aman was not sure. But he was glad that he was not the only one feeling the after-effects of the Jasheem Khan incident. Rudra, famous as he was for his self control, clearly could not control his own subconscious, with the rigid iron hand with which he controlled his life and career. As Aman waited for Rudra's response, he thought back to three nights ago.

Aman had been almost out of his mind with fear while he was inside that Interrogation room, with the shattered  mirror, the thud of army boots, the roar of noise and confusion. He had entered with one intention--to stop the madness, to get Parvati out safe.  Seeing Jasheem Khan down with a bullet wound  and Rudra's body shredded to the point of collapse, Aman had been the one to unshackle Parvati from the chair, carrying her out as her head rolled back in his arms. She was what had mattered. Not Rudra's roar of fury at seeing her in Aman's embrace, not the confused exclamations and the sounds of fists raining down on Jasheem Khan from the BSD officers. Not even Rudra's fading voice had slowed Aman down, preoccupied as he had been with getting Parvati out of the room of death, and into the nearest Medical Center. 

Constable Ram Mohan had told him later how Rudra had in fact lunged for Jasheem Khan's throat, even as that man lay bleeding, unconscious, on the floor. It had taken the combined efforts of four men to pull the Major off the traitor. Even as Aman raced out, Rudra had screamed at Aman to check Paro's pulse, to wait for him, to not dare touch her. His roar of "Paro!" had reverberated from the walls, the rage at Jasheem Khan, at the officer's holding him away from the unconscious man made even those hardened soldiers tremble with fear. All screamed in a voice so crazed and filled with black rage, the Doctor who had arrived just behind Aman had worried for the Major's mental balance.

"Blood loss, severe emotional imbalance and PTSD,"
the BSD doctor had muttered as he forcibly shot Rudra up with high dose painkillers and muscle relaxants as he struggled against the men holding him down. Rudra had looked vicious , snarling  and fighting off his men right upto the point he had collapsed. Constable Ram Mohan had confided all this later, to Aman. The two men had talked, all the natural hesitation of their different ranks forgotten when, two hours later, they both sat by Parvati's bed. Both keeping a vigil over the unconscious girl, while the passed-out Major Rudra Pratap Ranawat lay two feet away, in another cot. To treat the serious wounds peppering his body into a landscape of weals, cuts and deep gashes, the BSD doctors had had to restrain the Major Ranawat inside that Interrogation Room, and to do that they had knocked him out with their shots. 

Once he had awakened after that first injection, four hours after the Incident, the Major had walked out of the Ward. He had ignored Aman and Ram Mohan, where they sat next to Parvati, watching him leave. They had stared at his retreating back as he got up from his cot, and left-- without a single glance at Parvati, who had still been lying, unconscious, in the bed next to him. And then Rudra had just stayed back at HQ.  For the past two days, he had been dosed heavily with painkillers that had overpowered even this formidable man's physical responses. But he had refused to go back to the Medical Ward, and had camped out in his office, dealing with the massive piles of paperwork when he could, but mainly being attended to by his batboy, as he recovered from his self inflicted wounds.  

He had to relax, the BSD doctors had said. Rest, get his mind back under control, get a grip on his reactions. But all that the force feeding of relaxants had done---as far as Aman could see---was rip the Major's psyche into shreds. The Major suffered from something. But the truth was that he had not mentioned Parvati Vader, not once. But every-time he woke from his drug- enforced sleep, he demanded to know if Jasheem Khan had been made available for their interrogation. Parvati's name had not been spoken at all. It was as if she had not counted anymore to Rudra Pratap Ranawat. But the bloodlust that Jasheem Khan's name brought out in Rudra's eyes...Aman shuddered. 

Now, two days later, Rudra looked like hell, but at least he was no longer completely knocked out on drugs. Aman had brought some disturbing news about Jasheem Khan, and he knew this would not please Rudra. But still he held back--- because Aman, true to his kind nature, was waiting for one question from his commanding officer. There was one question that everyone in the Chandigarth BSD had asked Aman over and over again. For the past two days---in the canteen...in the halls... as he sat in front of campfires in the evening ... via text messages to his phone...calls and emails from his brother officers... loudly voiced by the young jawans as he walked by...haltingly whispered by the cleaners and tea boys bringing his snacks. The same question the senior officers at HQ demanded the answer to, the same question that raw recruits on guards duty humbly begged Aman's response to.

The question... "Parvati Vader kaise hai? Woh thik hai, naa?"....that question had not crossed Rudra Pratap Ranawat's lips once, since he had effectively sent her to her death in that Interrogation Room.

Not once had Major Ranawat asked after his prisoner. And, since Aman himself spent most of his off-duty hours by Parvati's bedside, Aman knew that not once had Rudra visited that girl as she lay, quiet and docile, in her hospital bed. Aman resented, more than anything else, this indifference, this callous, cruel disregard of Rudra's responsibility to the girl. They had all made mistakes. Aman had, Rudra had, the General, the whole of the BSD had. It had been a culpable mistake, a heinous mistake, one that had consequences they would all pay for. But they had to accept that it had been a terrible, almost tragic thing they had done-and they had to try to help this girl now. And it started with actually giving a damn about this girl's health!

Nothing they could do would ever fully repay Parvati for what the BSD had done to her, in the name of country, protection and justice. Nothing. But surely caring about her, asking after her, finding out her physical and mental state. Surely these things were not beyond the Jallad in this disgustingly rank, untidy office room? Aman's eyes hardened as Rudra staggered a little, catching his hold on the edge of the table. Normally, he would have helped Rudra instinctively.

Right now, ignoring Rudra's wavering steps, Aman waited, watching Rudra's expressionless face, hoping against hope. Looking for some flicker of emotion, some concern. A moment's regret in the molten amber eyes, a tiny softening of the granite hewn face--a small lift of the slashing eyebrows. A goddamn clearing of his throat, a whispered syllable of the girl's name ... anything would do. A small indication that this man in front of Aman actually had a beating heart inside his stony facade. That he was as a feeling, breathing man capable of actually giving a damn about something beyond himself, his pride, his uniform, his patriotic junoon.

The silence stretched as Rudra stared back at Aman.  His eyes, glittering with some unnamed emotion, did not waver as they stared at the junior officer. He would not ask about Parvati.

Well. Alright then.

Aman responded to Rudra's original question. Aman cold and clipped, said that Jasheem Khan had been declared "persona non grata" for the Chandigarth BSD officials by the BSD high ups. A much higher level of BSD officers than just the Major and Aman would be coming in two hours to oversee the traitor's interrogation. Kesari Ram's revelation made it clear that the Indian Army had, for almost 8 years housed, fed, clothed and given full access to classified security information to a dangerous traitor. Information that Jasheem Khan had extracted from prisoners. As the interrogation expert, no one had enjoyed better access to raw data, to secure missions details than Jasheem Khan had, after all. 

They had caught a sleeper agent with intimate knowledge of the Army's secrets, who had been posted to a hundred different Army locations all around India. According to the Army HQ, this coup of capturing Jasheem Khan meant more than the traitor's attempted murder of one witness. He could perhaps even be turned. If Jasheem was a double agent, he could give them information that would be incredibly valuable to India's defense against her enemies. National security, the country's long-term fight against radical terrorism. All this had to be more important than attempted murder charges. 

Nothing, after all, had actually happened to Parvati Vader. For now, the attempted murder was the least of Jasheem Khan's crimes. Aman had been told all this by General Singh, as the older man had tried, and failed, to hide his rage and helpless anger at his superiors. Aman repeated all this to Rudra now, mentioning how the BSD HQ did not seem to have much of a problem with how they had treated their "hostile witness." Aman said, his voice laced with bitterness:

"Parvati Vader's weeks of torture and her almost murder did not bother Army brass as much as hearing about Jasheem Khan did, Major Ranawat. General Singh was with them all last night, in Delhi. They were not exactly happy with your techniques. But they accepted the need for them.  

Because they think it got them results, forced Jasheem Khan to come out into the open. Proved the Thakur's link with all this. And most importantly, your treatment of Parvati indirectly caught them a spy. I don't think there will be any disciplinary actions from HQ when it comes to some unknown, unimportant village girl being accidentally caught up in such a large terrorism case. The elections are near. There is a lot of pressure on the BSD brass to perform for the cameras right now. 

You are a star BSD officer, the one man they show to the media as a shining example of BSD's strength and dedication to BSD's cause. You don't let anything get between you and your career. After all, we have given the people upstairs a nice juicy headline to run with. You are a hero, sir. The media is already talking about some big Army victory against domestic terrorism. Hints have been strategically leaked for maximum heroic effect, I suppose. 

Honestly, they might even reward you for what happened, Major. Another star, another medal for your uniform. I don't think the cost to Parvati matters to HQ all that much, when they got all this in return for her torture and her pain. Congratulations sir. It seems like you won, after all. Its true, I guess. Like you always say you do, you got a victory from the jaws of defeat. And all it cost you was the destruction and pain of one young village girl. Parvati." 

Taking some pleasure in the way the  mention of Parvati's name had made Rudra shut his eyes for a split second, Aman tossed the files he had brought onto the messy table, and walked out without saluting his senior officer.

Strategic Thinking.

Jasheem Khan was a big believer in strategically evaluating his options, thinking clearly and calmly, in making the right decisions, and making sure that everything worked out for himself. He prided himself in not being a zealot, or a fundamentalist maniac. Such fanaticism and hatred in the name of religion was an insult to any smart, free thinking man, which was something Jasheem Khan knew he was. But then again, in his considered opinion, so was all this heroic nonsense about patriotism and motherland.

As Jasheem lay in his bed, in the highly secure wing of BSD Medical, with four BSD guards posted outside for security he carefully evaluated his options. His usefulness to the terrorist cell he had led for eight years was over. They soon would know he had been caught. Jahseem smiled, as he thought of the many spies he had himself injected within the BSD to help serve his terrorist masters. The network would know he had been compromised. They would...here he frowned. Hmm. They would try to kill him, then. But if he revealed the spies to the BSD quickly, before the information passed on, then they could be neutralized, before too many people found out about his capture. Jasheem knew that one of the options he would be offered, aside from a rope around his neck, would be to change sides. To become a double agent. 

Jasheem thoughtfully took in a sip of water. This would be the best option really, out of everything. It would mean burning a few low level spies, and getting transferred into a different, Covert-Ops sector of the army. He was fine with that. His wife and children now...would he have to kill them, or maybe arrange for their deaths? Well, it would depend on how the negotiations with the BSD went. His family knew nothing, but if needed, he could use them as bait for the other side to kill as retaliation against him. Nothing would convince the BSD that he was truly their man as the news that the terrorists had killed his family in revenge.

That could easily be arranged, and it would give him a nice cover as a grieving man, fighting the good fight against those who had taken his family. Well, that was a thought for later. Jasheem tossed and turned in his bed, thinking deeply. His injuries were coming along nicely. These BSD doctors were excellent, taking care of him with true professionalism, even though he could see the disgust and fear in their faces as they bent over his leg. Thank God it was a just flesh wound! The standard of care here was great, and even this bullet wound would mend perfectly. Jasheem Khan told himself to remember to compliment the attending physician on the nursing staff. 

Jasheem Khan idly lay back on his comfortable cot, his mind drifting. He did not like the BSD, with their notions of honor and valor and fair play. These were abstract things that common soldiers drank a toast to at night and bonded over as they dealt with death in the morning. But then again, Jasheem Khan did not like the zealots he worked with either, who he had served for years as a traitor to his homeland. He didn't feel any loyalty to anything. Not to his motherland, not to the people who paid him extremely well to betray her.

He felt a loyalty, and a very deep love and regard for himself and that was actually as far as his loyalties stretched. It made for very simple strategic thinking, really, when the only person one needed to consider in any situation was oneself.

Jasheem Khan been recruited almost nine years ago by his country's enemies, because he was from a Muslim community with roots leading to Sarhad Par. The recruiters had thought he was a psychopath, but also a sympathizer to their cause. But since he had even less respect for religion than he had for human life, Hindu vs Muslim nonsense had always been a pointless argument for Jasheem Khan. He liked killing, power, torture. What gave him greater scope to practice his craft, his calling, than being an agent for terrorism, and--at the same time--an army man fighting for his country?

Aside from this thirst for death and blood, Jasheem Khan believed he was a reasonable man. He liked moderation in everything. The terrorists who used his excellent brains and skillful services, with their mad eyes and crazy theories about good and bad were maniacs Jasheem didn't care for one way or the other.  He thought, smiling to himself, that he, Jasheem Khan, was actually pretty reasonable and sensible, as far as maniacs went.

It amused Jasheem Khan that the "evil" people for both his masters --the terrorists and the BSD--were always the people on the opposite side. For the terrorists, it made planning things like bombings and wholesale murders of innocents, religious extremism and exploitation of women and children easier to do, Jasheem supposed. Since he was perfectly capable of killing ten innocent people from either side--and still going to bed without a second's guilt-- Jasheem never listened to either side. As long as he kept killing, torturing, maiming and hurting, Jasheem Khan was happy. And now that he had been caught. Jasheem Khan waited, patiently, to be told his options. He was a very smart man, who had carefully prepared for exactly such a day. One day, he had known, the BSD would find him. Or one day the terrorists would no longer need him.  In either case, he had his way out ready in his head. 

But still, to need to change his practices, to need to dive back underneath the Indian Army's blanket of oblivion. It was a little upsetting for Jasheem Khan. What hurt him a little---well, since he didn't feel "hurt" exactly, it was better to say what hurt his pride--was this slip-up. Not knowing anything about Kesari Ram's confession to Aman that had included his name, Jasheem thought that the reason for his capture had been his loss of control in that Interrogation room. That, because of one stupid decision, his true nature had been revealed because of one simple young girl.

Parvati Vader had upset him, with her courage, her faith, her calm. He had revealed to her that he knew that she was innocent, even though he was her interrogator. When she had recovered from her shock, she must have revealed this. And of course, the BSD had come to the right conclusion--that he was their mole--how else did he know? This was quite intolerable, Jasheem thought, as he tossed restlessly, his leg sending shooting pains through his body.

Her odd questions to him, just before she was about to be killed. That quiet, simple courage. It was just not DONE, really. She should have known better. Prisoners, victims -they really should know their proper place. They should know their dialogue, their proper reactions. Fear, despair, hatred, loss, fury. All of these were perfectly nice, normal, human reactions to death, to pain and torment. When that girl had basically refused to give him anything beyond an unearthly calm and an innocent acceptance of her fate, Jasheem had acted out of character. He had been ...he hated to admit it, but he was nothing if not honest...he had been impatient. He shouldn't have reached for her neck, to see the fear in her eyes right away, to bathe in her horror and her final moments of despair.

It had been totally unprofessional.

When he next saw Parvati Vader, Jasheem Khan decided that he would absolutely apologize to her for being so unprofessional. She would understand, before she died at his hands, that he had not meant to lose control.  He would track her down, months later, years later. It did not matter when. He would finish her, as he hated to leave anything half done. And that girl's eyes had looked into his, and they had been...well. But that was for later. For now, Jasheem thought--"Where are the BSD officials with their fat files and stupid, slow-moving bellies and thundering, indignant booming voices?" He waited, ready with all his plans in place.

Jasheem Khan had always liked The Boy Scout's motto-- "Be prepared."
Jasheem Khan was nothing if not prepared.

Yes. You are upset with me. This part of Repentance had no Parvati or Rudra together in it-- Though I have to point out, in my defense--in the previous part they were naked on a bed--but phir bhi mann nahi bhara aapko! 😆.. But seriously, guys, you have to trust me. We are working towards the goal, I promise! Rudra cannot go to Paro without facing the full enormity of what he has done to her. And repentance literally means-- "Feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's sin." Note the word--Sin. What Rudra has done so far is not sin. Heinous, immoral, cruel. But within his guidelines as an army officer. But the next part ...wanna know? Wanna get there? WELL...

PART THREE: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3970836?pn=30

Edited by napstermonster - 10 years ago
saruu. thumbnail
Res

Edit***

Hey, I'm sorry for not coming back to this earlier, family problems had occurred. (It was bad.)

To the update- it was magnificent.
Like seriously beautifully amazingly magnificent.  

I love the fact that the characters seem to be so thoroughly fleshed out, so you know where they're coming from when they do something stupid, even though you want to castrate them. Yes. I'm talking about Rudra here.

Another main example in this series is Jasheem Khan. The way he talks, how he moves, the way he thinks both amazes and scares the mutha freaking shit out of me.
I really am looking forward to seeing more of him in the future, he seems completely off the goddamn rails, but in a meticulous sort of way, if you know what I mean?

And Aman ohmygawd Aman is just my favourite. That is all.

So much darkness. So much angst. I'm LURVIN' IT.
I live for these types of reads.

Update soon love <3

Edited by suds. - 10 years ago