Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RadhikaS0 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Joja

I too agree its a epic love story of 16th century.

And they cant show many war scenes in serila (think of the budget too) + its not history they want to show but love story.
Infact I like the way they are showing the slow pace of thier love is because we need to remember in what circumstances they met.
Jalal was arrogent and cruel and he would not tolerate anyone going agsinst hime and he could not tolerate anyone saying No to him.
Jodha equally stubborn, very proud to be Rajvanshi and hated Mughals. So when they were in such state love was far far from them . So CV's had to show the slow pace and guess even in real it was slower than this(thats why Salim was born after 7 yrs)

love ur last statement - (thats why Salim was born after 7 yrs) πŸ˜†
RadhikaS0 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ann2012

awesome post πŸ‘πŸ‘

Completely agree with your words.

Jalal is just 21-22 and on the way to become Akbar the great. This journey has started but he still has long way to go. Many expect too much from him. He has taken some great decisions but some not so great ones as well. What else can one expect?? He is a young monarch who is trying to get out of the influence of power-hungry people. Only 6-7 months ago he used to rush to MA for every decision but now even MA's absence in DEK doesn't concern him much. He has also found a better advisor for himself. Isn't that progress?? Give the dude some space to breathe.

He is very inolved in the harem. But he needs to be so. The harem forms his family or atleast a part of it. He is considered the head of his family. So, is it too wrong to be involved there?? Harem forms a very important part of the palace. Is he supposed to ignore the discontent brewing there? 

Also the part about Ruq's characterization by you is perfect. πŸ‘πŸΌ

She definitely was a different personality initially. Classy, secure, ruthless and intelligent or atleast we thought of her to be like that. But it is said that a person's true character is laid bare only in testing/trying situations. 

Her audha and supposed monoply of Jalal are at risk now. And she has pulled out her claws to scratch anybody who goes against her. She has become nasty, disrespectful and over-overbearing ('coz she was already over bearing). 

To her credit, things are bound to get ugly in a tug of war but never thought Ruq would react this badly in her insecurity. For she is queen. And has been for years. But people at the very top become arrogant easily and when they are being brought back down to earth, they throw tantrums and behave rather pettily. Just the way Ruq is behaving. Her character develpoment is pretty much bang-on.

Some might say this development in her characterization is just to eulogize Jo & they have degraded her character and this reaction by Ruq can't be real as she was shown very differently in the starting. But the initial characterization of Ruq could have been a facade too. And the one they are showing now, is the real Ruqaiya. Ever thought like that? πŸ˜‰

well said, Ann!
RadhikaS0 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mandyg

radhika good take, but i do not agree on all the points..i do want to see war! i want to see rajat in action and i do want to see the 9gems in action..or at least the major ones..i am sick of repetitive harem issues and repetitive akhda scenes!

i started watching this show as it would be different from the regular sbs shows and it was in the beginning but now it is becoming more of ekta style sbs..i do love the show mainly because of rajat and akhda..but now their chemistry is becoming stale where r the creatives who gave us scenes causing goose bumps when these two used to come together..where r those creatives that gave us a beautiful well balanced episode when todarmal was introduced!

war was essential part of akbar's life..his life story along with his love story with jodha if well executed and balanced out can run for years! and don't we all want that! the love story itself will not last long..it has to be about their lives separate and together..!

and i think all the viewers who are unhappy have the right to express their demands and concerns to make this show better so that we all can be happy..trps can be happy and show can continue!

then why everyone complained about ben's track? if it happened in history it should be shown!

hopefully, u will get some war scenes with mewat and malwa battles coming up πŸ˜Š though Jalal may not go there!

i think once the present track confusions like Ruq's insecurity, MA's / SD's / AK's schemes are resolved, only then we can move forward to seeing the separate and joined lives of JaJo. And the remaining 5 gems will come slowly. I think they came much later in Jalal's life when he was at least half-way to become Akbar and had got rid of the trash in his life and started acquiring gems!

u know what my complaint is - the music! except the Hey Manmohan song, I don't like the songs. They are too Indipop. I had hoped we would get beautiful Hindustani classical songs, Urdu ghazals, Kathak dances in court. But none of that happening. Even Tansen came and sang a stupid song (for Tansen). Look at Mughal-e-Azam, Umrao Jaan etc. They had such lovely music.  
RadhikaS0 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: neeshaa16

Hi Radhika,
Well said..I agree with you totally. There are many people cribbing about Jodha being shown mahan and  Jalal ,a puppet..But its not so..It was indeed JOdha who had influenced him to be the Great King that he became.. It was because of her..he became so tolerant towards other religions and respected them..It was therefore that he was respected by people of all religions... Maybe many decisions he took were his own but.. ye the influence was there ..because Jodha also was a very strong person.. For a man to be successful...he needs a strong support from his wife..and he always had this support from Jodha...  So whats wrong if they show that she did influence his decisions... which she did... because she was brought up in a very different manner ... in a loving environment..where as his upbringing was so different ...thats why when he became close to Jodha..he started realizing the value of human relations..emotions and  thats what did change him.. Why can't it be true that a woman does have the power to positively influence her partner to achieve great things in life... I don't say that Akbar did not have brains..yes indeed he was very sharp ..but his thought process changed only after Jodha came to his life... he changed from a ruthless ruler to the most kind hearted ruler in the history of India... !!!

I agree with ur point - even now, many people don't like it if a wife advises her husband about anything and he accepts - such a wife is called a shrew and the husband henpecked! 

nowadays in the show, the tables have turned and Jalal is supporting Jodha and helping her realise her potential/competence and make tough choices, even if they make her unpopular.
RadhikaS0 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: tamy267

agree completely...beautifully written...❀️

well, I have always been positive as its very much me...so I'm not bothered about any MU or whatsoever...I know this is an epic love story, I know the ending so when I know the ending then why fearing MUs and all ? they are on their way to become Akbar the great and Mariam Uz Zamani..
in fact all the hardships till now got them closer only not other way round..
I'm here to watch the love story...the show is about Jalal and Jodha..this is epic and no epic love story is been bed of roses..they r passion filled, exciting as hell and crazy! and what is the fun if we see all mushy mushy ?
but a few war scenes give a mature tracks..like Jalal is at war..Jodha is praying to Kanha...he comes across as a winner...she runs to him..embraces him with all the love she has..what I am trying to say is, including war also has the potency to show love😊 and in bonus we will get Jalal in actionπŸ˜‰

Love ur positivity Tamy! And love the scenario u have outlined πŸ‘
fatma201 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: RadhikaS0

ya, some amount of repetitiveness is bound to happen in a long serial. And character consistency, track continuity and logic leave a lot to be desired. But, let's stay positive like Divya and ignore the junk πŸ˜ƒ

But there should be some limitation, not same things in almost every episode.
ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: RadhikaS0

hopefully, u will get some war scenes with mewat and malwa battles coming up πŸ˜Š though Jalal may not go there!

i think once the present track confusions like Ruq's insecurity, MA's / SD's / AK's schemes are resolved, only then we can move forward to seeing the separate and joined lives of JaJo. And the remaining 5 gems will come slowly. I think they came much later in Jalal's life when he was at least half-way to become Akbar and had got rid of the trash in his life and started acquiring gems!

u know what my complaint is - the music! except the Hey Manmohan song, I don't like the songs. They are too Indipop. I had hoped we would get beautiful Hindustani classical songs, Urdu ghazals, Kathak dances in court. But none of that happening. Even Tansen came and sang a stupid song (for Tansen). Look at Mughal-e-Azam, Umrao Jaan etc. They had such lovely music.  

You know radhika this show can surpass any movie and any tele show, it has that much potential but the ongoing endless issues need to be resolved first,  since the walk out of 90 people this has not been as it was before!
RadhikaS0 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: divyavm

Thanks so much for this positive post- it is great. 

Thanks, Divya - we make a lovely mutual admiration society πŸ˜³

I think Zee also said in an interview that they would focus more on his personal life as wars, etc. were more well known. Though I do not expect them to show wars, I hope they do continue to refer to them and show him do political work as well- just to round out Jalal's character. 

I think a lot of people will be happy with M and M wars coming up soon, if not M and B romance! πŸ˜†

Particularly, liked the parts underlined below ... Especially on why we should expect Ruqs to change. Fear and insecurity do make people act differently. 

And, thanks for mentioning my post here. Appreciate it, 

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6
agree...but this is history they have to balance romance...politics...war together...no choice..as Akbar's life did not only revolve around romance...infact his whole life revolves around politics and war...they have to balance it...and we need to be patience...Edited by Mages - 10 years ago