Mahabharat

Karna Vrushali Love Story from Mritunjaya

panchaali thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Part - 1 ( first meeting    )

KARNA :- "shona(karna's brother) tommorow we'll go to champanagari(karna's hometown) ! do neccessary arrangements for our journey, his face bloomed with happiness. we are going to champanagari after 12 years radha maa will be so happy to see us. next day i and shona lefted hastinapur, its a long journey so we have taken two white horses with us. 
i have deeply analysed nature of horses, among all animals horse is my favourite one i know very well how to control any horse.

"its our traditional profession and everyone should be perfect in his profession" how can i forget this teaching given to me by sanjay kaka( karna's uncle). Its autumn season ,all flowers and trees are filled with greenary, fruits and green leaves ,different kinds of birds are singing in their sweet voice, its so beautiful ! nature's gift .. 
we are marching forrward with analysing this beautiful gift of nature ! autumn... at night we use to stay at any nearby nagar, 8 days have passed ,its 9 th day of our journey we have reached prayag ! prayag ! a place where three rivers ganga,yamuna,sarasvati meets with each other, one thought is striking my mind "nature has taught these rivers to live unitely without any differences but it seems that nature has forgetted to teach this thing to humans, why humans flow oppositely towards each other with myths of upper caste lower cast". i picked up some water in my palm and bowed to lord surya " lord ! give me the same tolerance power that these rivers have ! give me such knowledge which help me to understand emotions and feelings of other persons ! don't ever let ego to touch my soul."

after horses dranked water we turned to go to our beloved hometown. we are walking with our horses ,some womens are returning to their village with water pots on their head, i was looking at sun suddenly shona's horse touched his mouth on a women's neck,she exclaimed and throwed her pot on ground, my utariya(a cloth weared on shoulder) got wet from water ,that women got scared , and after looking at me she got more scared,she blinked her eyes fastly for a second ! i liked her blinking of eyes ! then she kept her head down, stood straight and is rubbing her left feet's thumb in ground,pot's water has spreaded on her whole body,her clothes are wet ,her wet hairs are sticked with her chin, her complexion is fair lil bit yellow. for the first time am looking such a beautiful women.. 
i was about to say something to shona but one of her friend standing with her said "oh prince ! please forgive coz of her unawairness your clothes are wet " 

"am prince ? who have said this to you ? am karna ! because of my brothers unawairness her pot had breaked so i should say sorry to her" !

"nhi"... but you look like a prince ? he said with throbing heart..
"no ! am sut - putra karna ! eldest son of adhirathji of champanagari !" 

"sut-putra"? then she's also a sut-kanya" she said by putting her hand on that women. 

"sut-kanya"? i asked surprizingly ,because how such a beauty is possible in our dynasty.

"oh - yes ! sister of one of the best charioteer of prayag 'satsyasen' " she replied.
i looked at her, up to now she didn't raised her head up not even for a second. what could a wildish person like me can say anything about a women who spends his whole time in learning archery and different kinds of weapons but after looking at her am feeling like a women is god's most beautiful creation.

"it looks like lord surya had breaked a pink coloured pot in whole sky, what had maked him so happy ? i looked at pink coloured sky with smile and said "shona lets go we are getting late ".. 
before departing from here i have picked a piece of breaked pot... .    

KARNA AND VRUSHALI (part-2)

AFTER TWO YEARS...
KARNA :-like every morning am standing in the middle of the river to offer my prayer to lord surya, don't know why my eyes never get satisfied with rays,my eyes are always eager to absorve more and more rays and enormous heat from lord surya. whenever i look at that round ball of fire sometimes i feel that am a part of same fire . On various days i used to stare at sun for the whole day it gives me immense pleasure i feel like i have lost myself my body ,my soul all are a part of these rays. I picked some water in my palm and was offering it to lord surya suddenly a voice screamed in mah ears ! someone was screaming with fear of death " help.. | help... ". Immediately i turned back ! there was no sign of any human on this shore but i saw a hand in the waves of river asking for help probably someone had sleeped from the shore of river. i runned hurrily towards that shore and dived in ganga river. I was swimming in water with my open eyes, some small small brave fishes were failurly trying to eat my kundals. After some time i saw a human image continously sinking down in water, when i reached near to it, that image hugged me tightly ! at the door of death how a human becomes so helpless, at that time he/she doesnt looks at caste,customs,prestige and dharma etc ! only looks is his/her existence ! though she is a girl then also she has holded me tightly in her arms like she's saying to me 'please save me'. The way she's holding me it was impossible for both of us to get out from water so first of all i freed myself from his arms and then holded her from her hairs and fastly started to swim upward. A thought striked my mind "the prayer to my lord remained incomplete " lord please forgive me for this "sometimes exceptions occurs ". i came on shore and managed to pull that unconcious girl out of water. i was surprized after looking at her face "she is vrushali" sister of satyasen. The memories of prayag regenerated before my eyes "her pot water had felled on my clothes in prayag , how ashamed she had felt on that day .. 

At that time vrushali was like a flower petal hiding her face shily and now she's lookin like a beautiful matured flower ! she is lookin like a beautiful angel surrounded by water droplets,"her face is so beautiful". she's calm and quite like a sleeping child ! 
am feeling like mistakely i have brought out a jal-kanya from water. With her unconcious body in my hands i standed for a while looking towards east direction,, Some thoughts are provoking my heart " every sun-rise should be so beautiful like this , vrushali should always remain in my arms like this,am wet and she's also wet,time sholud stop here,our shadow in ganga water should keep dancing like this, birds should keep singing like this..."

But in the next second i dropped this thought, i felt shame on myself ! she's a unknown girl. Slowly i placed her unconcious body on the shore. She remained unconcious for next half hour . Her wet clothes are sticked from his whole body. Water droplets are shining on her fair lotus like face. At that time her body appeared to me like its a golden wave of ganga river. I remembered that my uthriya ( a cloth to be weared on shoulder) is on shore, hurridly i moved there to get that when i returned back vrushali's was breathing slowly slowly. Carefully with uthriya i removed water droplets from her face such that she don't realise my hand touch. She nodded his neck lil bit and slowly opened her eyes. At first she didn't understand where was she and who I am . With feared eyes she kept looking at me ,she looked at the water droplets that were droppin from my kundals to my sholuders and then she came to know that where is she and who I am. Immediately she got up and sitted ,she started adjusting her wet clothes,she tried to put her hairs back with her fingers and then kept her head down. she standed carefully and then as it is she rolled my utariya around her body. By indicating towards her pot that was flowin in river i said to her " Your one pot was breaked in prayag and now here in hastinapur ganga had stealed your second pot from you ! for whom she had stealed your pot ,ask from her " !

she looked at the flowin pot and blushed then turned back with her face down and then walked on stairs and departed from here . Her wet footprints were imprinted in a row on 4-5 stairs . nervously she had taken my utariya with herself , my heart is laughing on her nervousness . I was continously looking at the pot suddenly i heard some sound from stairs i turned back that was "bheesma pitamah". He lovingly asked me " karna ! today why you are standing on this shore for such a long time " . I didin't replied anything ! what i should have said ? my prayers remained incomplete today because of a reason - how can i say this to pitamah...

Today all citizens of hastinapur are looking at karna with surprize who is walking without any uthriya on his shoulder.. .. 

Part- 3

KARNA:- "dont know how duryodhana came to know about that day's incident.. may be vrushali had told his brother satyasen( charioteer of duryodhana ) and then 

satysen probably had told this to duryodhana... 
After that incident my hearts condition has become so critical. Every morning after completing my prayers whenever i look at sun it appears to me as its vrushali's face, 

most of the times i had returned empty handly completely forgetting my utariya on the shore and then i use to send shona to get it back. shona started to ask me " bhaiya , 

why are you becoming so oblivious " ?. i have to reply something so i said "sometimes it feels good to forget something" ! He looked at me in suspenc coz from last few 

weeks he was regularly going on ganga shore to bring my utariya back . i use to send shona to get my utariya so that servants don't enchat that our king is becomin so 

oblivious . 
i had never disobeyed words of my father because today i have become angraaj karna only coz of his struggles. I have brought him here in ang-palace. For me 

radha maa and adhirath baba are equal to god i will always obey their words.. everyday at night i use to wash my fathers feet with rose water on this radha maa have said 

this several times " Vasu ! you are a king now , this work doesn't suits you ! now bring a beautiful queen and give this work to her ".. i had never replied to this so this time 

also instead of replying i have changed the topic to chamanagari village(karna's hometown). 

next day shona came runningly and said " bhaiya ! adhirath baba have called you for an urgent work ". immediately i marched towards palace, raja duryodhana was already 

sitting there. As soon as i entered there adhirath baba said " karna up to today i have never demanded anything from you , if i demand something today, would you fulfill it 

son ?? 
"father, am your son karna ! father don't ask just give me order" ! 

"Then i want a daughter in law ! , now i'll not hear any excuses !" 

"but..." 

"nothing but-vut ! i have selected a beautiful charioteer's girl for you !

"father... my...!"

"now i'll not hear anyhing today am sending a priest to girl's home "

"but can't we wait for some days ??. don't know why my eyes are showin me vrushali's image, i can't forget her so easily as whenever i'll go on ganga shore her memories 

will haunt me. There is only one way to forget her memories and that is to stop goin towards ganga river but i can't do this . I can leave throne of ang desh, i can leave 

kavach -kundal, but i just can't stop offering my prayer to lord surya on ganga shore.." . 

"look karna, now we can't wait even for a single day because shona is enough matured now and also we are getting older ! if you don't agree with us then make it clear !" 
what should i reply , am i becoming a barrier in shona's marriage also i can't hurt mah parents who have beared lot of pain for me. It is said that humans live on emotions 

but sometimes to fulfill duties one has to push his emotions back. A persons who lives his life for others is a real person indeed . i closed my eyes for a second and 

remembered lord surya and then finally i replied politely""ok if its your wish then am ready "

"ok" adhirath baba replied by placin his hand on my head. his eyes were shining with happiness. Suddenly i remembered hand of vrushali. I started to forget everything with 

my strong determination but why this heart is so uncontrollable , it keeps on reminding again and again those memories that human want to forget. i liked vrushali but now i 

have to forget her . Now she can't be my wife . I turned around to exit from here so that i could hide my emotins from adhirath baba. Even i don't remembered that 

duryodhana is sitting here. 

when duryodhana saw that am about to leave he asked a question from my father " but...but adhirath kaka, who's the girl ? what's her name ? you hadn't told anything 

about this ! " 
i stopped there for a second . Adhirath baba answered " the girl is from hastinapur ! sister of satyasen VRUSHALI " 

"oh she ! well thats good , why should we give unusal disturbance to ganga river everyday - its really a beautiful thought ! " duryodhan said by laughing out loudly. adhirath 

baba also started laughing with him ! suddenly i was surprized . oh so its duryodhana who has planned this whole drama ! how wise he is !he know very well that for my 

acceptance it will be the best option to take my father on his side. He's not only my friend ,he's like my real brother ! same like shona ! to doubt on his love is like a sin . he 

has made me angraaj the only reason for this was his unconditional love and i always thoughted that he was selfish but he's not ! at the same moment i have decided that i 

will do everything for duryodhana . Now i have two real brothers one shona and second duryodhana . Kurushresta Duryodhana who cared about such soft emotion of a 

charioteers son is now dearer to me more than my life. I'll do everything for him . 

i didn't said anything and immediately exited from there. i felt so happy my heart was bursting with happiness. vrushali is goin to be my wife. shona was standing there in 

corridors his face was on opposite side. I went near to him and slapped hard on his back. He said angerly "how's this foolishness " and turned back but when he saw that its 

me he pressed his tonque inbetween his teeths, joined his hands ,kept his head down and standed like a criminal . i placed my hands on his hands and said "shona 

foolishness is over now you donn need to go again and again on ganga shore for my utariya ." 
shona was looking at me with surprize...

Got it from face book page Karna the Great

Translation courtesy Aditya

Thankz to MaddyO for sharing amazing information from the Novel "Mritunjayi"you make me interested to the novel every time, even if I don't read the novel and don't know Marathi, each time I see a translation of Mritunjayi, can't stop myself from reading it ๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by panchaali - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

butterturnips thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Awww! I love you Panchu di...thank you sooo much for sharing the story of my Karna-Vrushu here! I'll give you more links..just post it here!
panchaali thumbnail
Originally posted by: candidfrisky

Awww! I love you Panchu di...thank you sooo much for sharing the story of my Karna-Vrushu here! I'll give you more links..just post it here!

Yaap Candy that would be great ๐Ÿ˜Š
ManyaArshiLover thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
they look kinda cute together ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Sea-Hawk thumbnail
Ohh I have to read Mrityunjaya .. I know this is one of the best ever Mytho novel and the writer is a great scholar who got Janpith Award for this. This is an interesting aspect that the man who was highly humiliated in society of HIS time, became most celebrated and most respected character of Literature .. and as scholars say there is nothing greater than a good literature .. Literature speaks ultimate truth

I loved Karna Vrushali story from this novel. There is so much beauty and purity in love here.. Ohh I must read this book .. I need to
Edited by SayaneeH.Lecter - 10 years ago
panchaali thumbnail
Originally posted by: SayaneeH.Lecter

Ohh I have to read Mrityunjaya .. I know this is one of the best ever Mytho novel and the writer is a great scholar who got Janpith Award for this. This is an interesting aspect that the man who was highly humiliated in society of HIS time, became most celebrated and most respected character of Literature .. and as scholars say there is nothing greater than a good literature .. Literature speaks ultimate truth

I loved Karna Vrushali story from this novel. There is so much beauty and purity in love here.. Ohh I must read this book .. I need to

Very well said about hero KARNA..I too have to read the novel

I feel sad that I can't read the original novel as it is not my mother tongue, still I manage to find and read some translation parts of Mritunjayi from wherever I can manage...

And yes in this Karna Vrushali love story is heavenly and Duryadhn played the cupid ๐Ÿ˜Š
simplysappie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Panchoo di , very good ... Mushie mushie lovestory ... Woohoo thanking u for sharing this amazin' story๐Ÿ˜Š here .. Love yaa ...
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Thanks for sharing panchali

Beautiful love story

Karna's thoughts on Vrushali's beauty๐Ÿ˜ณ
..Mellifluous.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
hey!!!
amazing update and i loved it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
it was cute and sweet love story๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š