Ipoona thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Reliving IPK ...

Episode 158

Close call 

It seems that it is a night for all cliched adages to come true ... Both Hindi and English ... Murphy's law kay saath saath it seems, musibat bhi aiti hai toh chapar phad kar. 

Troubles are not over for our poor Aakash, by a long shot. He had never intended to become a ghar jamai, but the way things were looking, he has no options but to stay put. Forever. The glue in his soon to be sasural apparently loves him too much, refusing to release its hold on him. 

Years from now, this night will be the cause of side splitting hilarity, told over and over again, to one and all. It will be a cherished keepsake, a much revisited memory ... One that their kids will ask to be told instead of a bed time story ... Tell us about that night, Ma ... Did Badi Nani really beat Dad with a thapi ? Were you well and truly stuck Dad or were you just fooling around ? 

They with giggle like teenagers, embellish with little details, enriching the story with each telling ... interrupting each other, correcting each other ... Nahin, nahin ... It wasn't her hand that Badi Nani snacked me with, it really was the paddle ...  I just was so strong that I didn't utter a sound ...

But tonight, his bottom firmly glued to the chair, the comedy of the situation escapes them entirely. Exhausted from a futile pull and tug session, which had it worked, would have been the cause of unspeakable horror for our shy couple. So both are inwardly thankful, it did not work. 

They need help ... Khushi is unavailable ... Bhai is available but in no mood spar. Oos Khushi ki help lo, he sulks. 

His expressions morf from disbelief to utter and complete incomprehension  ... Kya ? He frowns, But that's ridiculous ! 

Not one to leave even his worst business rival is such a absurd predicament, yeh toh apna Bhai hai, he relents, irritatedly, Aa raha hoon. 

Bhai ... Aakash rushes urgently, whispering, Mera ek trouser latay ana. 

Not words you want to hear from anyone, least of all from your soon to be married younger brother, who, at this late hour, is calling frantically from a place he has been forbidden to go to and is there partially with you own blessings. He can hear Nani and Di reaction, Voh toh bhola hai, khud khabhi bhi asa nahin karta, zaroor tum nay hi ... 

Siblings ! Who needs them ! Never in his wildest dreams, and Aakash has never featured in his wildest dreams ... Ever ... had he thought he would be going to rescue Aakash from a chair. What is with Aakash and glue ? Must some subconscious kind of fantasy thing ... But let's not go there either ...

He arrives to a darkened, quiet house. Payal lets him in. No exaggeration there. Aakash is well and truly married to the chair. Another futile tug and pull, this time way louder than the last. Both the brothers go crashing against the table. 

This night is getting is getting curiouser and curiouser ! No telling what rabbit hole they might tumble into next ... Leaning forward. They both freeze in suspended animation, their face reflect the gravity of the situation. Two young men, middle of the night, single young girl at home, the other one out, galavanting. They would have had some explaining to do. Buaji would not have waited for Bhai's level headed explanation ... And really, could there possibly be any levelheaded explanation for the predicament they are in ? 

He comes partially prepared ... He has a antidote to the glue, but forgot the trouser. With the end of tunnel in sight, Aakash relaxes and appreciates smilingly, the absurdity of the situation. He remembers a time, long while ago, a similar circumstance ... Him glued to his bed ... Bhai never did confess to it, and neither will he, ever ... He does not need to, tug of his lips are a confession enough. 

Babuji's pajama and a blue blazer. Aakash asks, Kasa lag raha hoon mein. Both his Bhai and his new fiance love him. They do not want to break his heart. Both lie, almost in unison, Acchay lag rahay ho. But let's hold off on a full press release ... Not about to set the fashion world on fire, this new look. 

Close call, he thanks his Bahi. Yes close call indeed. The whole time he was in there, he was almost certain, she would come bursting through the door ... Seeing him, her wide eyes would widened further ... Before she blinked ... And then she would let him have it ... Aap ... Yeah voh ... Yahan ?  Good thing he is leaving before she gets here... 

Of first dates and memories ... This one, when retold, will surprise many ... Will make them rethink ... Dehnay mein toh bahut sharif lagtay hai dono, par badmashiya toh khub aati hai ... 

Daily motion video 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mysticaldivine thumbnail
EPISODE 158
                                                     Killing Silence At midnight...

The entire episode felt like a  stage of about something is going to happen  in many ways.  The last night  of the year  holding future of coming up year and what was to happen at 12 midnight...
shyam swayed with his wife by the pool for finishing his plan  holding Khushi's picture @ 12 but Mamaji saved her in a nick of the time... and Khushi too because it wasn't 12 yet

The rescuer is Mr Brave heart Lion who is being called in Lioness Den this time of alertness  yet She is no where to be found,"Thank God She is not here'."'

Don't forget bitwa"Chaar din ki chandini aur phir angheri raat hai" but in your case its opposite'.because she spreads light every corner of your life Arnavji'.

Love Akash's memory and Arnav's naughty smirk.Indeed he was full of life which was snatched away brutally by fate to make him who is he now yet couldn't snatch away his brave and kind heart and that's why he is "Brave heart " for me'

Akash puts on Babuji's pajamas and looks stunning on new year's eve yet the thing his determination doesn't go down for taking his lady out on New years eve.

Other side Arnav wants to mingle with the time to see only one face ,to remain with one yet at the dial of Denial'..@12

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: from epi 122-123

He threw the milk in the pool but before that Khushi was trying to tell him the time of his meeting in Sharade @ 12 but that was Noon [Half day has been passed]and here it is night...[New day has emerged]...

That day.. By  122-123 when she comes after bandagement , half ritual is done...and today new transformation as they are joining clock hands with new day and they will be one and married as one because day has reached to its end and last ritual needs to be done.

From 122-123

Symbolisms and connection: #12 is playing its role'...Milk represents purity meaning Khushi and Arnav throws milk in the pool as he will be pointing fingers at her purity, her innocence during forced marriage'...but he saved her following in the dirty pool as he will save her from Shyam.

I will do the entire NEW YEAR's post together tomorrow...

Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
hamesha_always thumbnail
Lovely gals! ArshiH, so glad you added one of my fav expressions of Arnav when he practically confesses to gluing Akash to the bed...Barun's expressions are so controlled as ASR that every tiny ripple of the subtler emotions - be it naughtiness, indulgence, admiration just leap out of the screen and suck you in.

Poona, episode was a light one overall, but always love how you are able to add meat to the story...I was literally imagining Akash and Payal's kids clamoring for this adventure to be retold just as you described. In my mind's eye, I can see Arnav and Khushi's kiddos joining in as well...sigh Edited by hamesha_always - 10 years ago
-Cutyee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Amazing Girls..❤️
I really like this epi 😆
nishu_shorna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Fabulous posts girls...

This episode has one of my most favorite non-ArShi scene...Arnav-Akash-nd glue... Both today, and years back when they were child...this is just a small reminder that before the incident 14 years back, Arnav too had a normal, happy childhood...nd our papad ka tukda Chote was indeed very naughty...I wish we got more scenes like this...
div26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Great posts 😊

Was a fun episode and amazing to see the bond between Arnav and Akash here which was otherwise left unexplored.
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
lovely girls n one f the funniest scene
tfs
.Brooke. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful post loved the episode.Destiny wants them to see each other at midnight as they were destined to be together forever.
Thanks for the pm.
Motif_Soul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice ones ladies. Merry go round episode with lots of fun.👏
sonia_1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Another awesome post 👏👏⭐️