Jodha Akbar

JA Jan 29th - Drama, Drama and more Drama - Page 3

meghanajain thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: ngayou

Meghna, 👍🏼 & 👏 for ur take. Am not much in the mood for commenting on the crap fest going on in the show right now. But just a couplr of points. An Adham can fathom out the truth by overhearing Jo & Salims s convo, but a mostly astute Jalal cant figure it out even after the poisoned well news 😕 ...what to say. This was the chap who always could read people just seeing them , but now Cheapam says Jodha begum has always had insaanon ka parakna hunar, I mean like really 😲 . And Ruqs, well if Jalal can be shown like this, what hopes for Ruqs. And MA 😡.

Enough said, hopefully this ends by friday & wishing the next track isnt as hopeless as this one 😛

Thanks Gayatri!😛
I saw your like yesterday and no comment. I knew you are not happy with the episodes. I am with you, today was a huge let down. I wasn't even going to review but am still not ready to call it quits. So, I thought will do a simple What I liked today update. That made me feel a little better that there is some hope.
But man your comment about how even AK gets it but Jalal does not is so true, pathetic CVs. The more the track is stretching the more Jalal looks like a fool. The small bandages of Jalal investigating here and there is not going to redeem him. We said the same thing after Tasneem track Gayatri that let this track end..We are saying that again..Hope CVs don't make us say it again..Hattrick ho jaye to serious problem hai..
Edited by meghanajain - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sandhya.A thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Balanced post meghna
I am exasperated at the see saw of characters.

First they made jodha a shrew and jalal a saint. 
Now they are making jodha a sufferer and jalal a dumbo.

I didn't understand why salima didn't join jodha in presenting facts to jalal. After having admitted to her visiting shariffu in jail why the story about the visit to the bazaar. Had salima too insisted it might have had better weightage.

Secondly jalal ignoring obvious facts staring at the face is unbelievable.  Not investigating the Daak munshi's death, if abul maali was followed his stint with ben in the bazaar must have been known too, Trying the milk test on zaakira who being ben's aide could be immune to her poison ( they could have tried it on a cat or dog) agreeing to go with ben alone on a boat, Nothing makes sense on jalal's part.

Wonder if even the cvs know what they are doing! 
meghanajain thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Sandhya.A

Balanced post meghna

I am exasperated at the see saw of characters.

First they made jodha a shrew and jalal a saint. 
Now they are making jodha a sufferer and jalal a dumbo.

I didn't understand why salima didn't join jodha in presenting facts to jalal. After having admitted to her visiting shariffu in jail why the story about the visit to the bazaar. Had salima too insisted it might have had better weightage.

Secondly jalal ignoring obvious facts staring at the face is unbelievable.  Not investigating the Daak munshi's death, if abul maali was followed his stint with ben in the bazaar must have been known too, Trying the milk test on zaakira who being ben's aide could be immune to her poison ( they could have tried it on a cat or dog) agreeing to go with ben alone on a boat, Nothing makes sense on jalal's part.

Wonder if even the cvs know what they are doing! 

Thanks Sandhya!
It's take everything inside me to come up with positive balanced posts, a huge challenge! I wonder for how long...

Agree with all your points, utter nonsense is what they are showing just so that female lead can shine..They conveniently involve Salima when they want, and let her go when they want. Obviously if Salima would have gone, how would this track stretch till nikah..

MyExiledSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lovely take Meghna...hats off to you for keeping patience! I'm very much irritated with last two episodes and I do not want to comment on anything 😭. It will not matter if they shows Jalal already knew everything for it will redeem only his character but then what about Ruqaiya ? She is venting out more poison than Benazir. I cannot digest this fact that Ruqaiya who has witnessed dirty politics and Maham's shrewdness for years is easily getting brainwashed by her. 😕 How can she even trust Maham when her father was victim of his own brother's saazish ? She and Jalal got their lessons in childhood only and this new Ruqaiya is totally unknown to me. Jodha's repeated insults are quite nonsensical tricks of CVs to gain sympathy from viewers. what will happen when Hamida,Salima and Jalal comes to know about this Ruqu's order of vacating her khwabgah? Will they interfere ? I don't think so as Jalal himself has given her charge of Harem and always let her do whatever she wanted. I'm not watching the last two episodes of this week as there will be nothing new but a mixture of their repeated formulas of showing Jodha mahan, Jalal bewakoof and Ruqaiya sulking more in jealousy! 😡
preeti.r thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: adianasr

Meghna my only hope that the poodle part does not happen is the convo Jalal had with Atgha of asking him to do what he wanted before the Nikaah and the new promo being a googly like the friday precap. This is my take on the new promo -

I think the new promo must be a dream as the drink part in a nikaah comes after the ceremony. Also first the groom takes the drink and then the bride. This is like the friday precap of Samhaar!!! Srry for being a damp squib!!! But one does not knw with CVs they may change anything to suit their purpose of heroine mahaanta!!!

Exactly what I was thinking , what is it that Jalal wants Athgha to complete before the wedding. I think in Friday episode also when Jalal asks Atgha to do the security arrangements , he is stressing on the word zehrilidoshiza , when speaking about the rumours abt Ben. Athgha also immediately says yes I understand what you are saying . I hope there is something more than the eye can see. Just want Jalal also doing some investigation on his own. Although Jodha can in end go about risking her life .  Otherwise yeh CV tho Jalal se zameen pe naak ragadvaenge to put JO on the pedestal. I agree there will be redemption track but just hope Jalal is shown doing it with some dignity and  without making a Akbar look like a joker

Also when speaking to HB he says I am keeping an eye on jodha's every move .

Although Adham now supports Ben but I doubt her taking the risk of killing Jalal in the presence of all his ministers and Family. How will she be able to free Abul Mali in that case

Excellent point : first the groom eats and then the bride

aish321 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: prejudiced

Nice take Meghna.

A king refusing to do post mortem of every single evidence in front of him is really becoming unnerving and lame.

The insults hurled on Jodha , Adham plotting , Ruqqu acting the ways he did all were irksome  but what annoyed me the most was Jalaal's determination to refuse to analyze things. This is a king who boasted of 4 eyes...
It would do him good if he can even open 2 of them.

am not sure how they are going to redeem his character but Jalaal the king was a huge let down to me today

This is a leader who is supposed to serve as role model. Mistakes is fine as after all he is young and human... But being foolish? That is an inherent quality ..Am not sure how they are going to redeem his character.

👏👏👏 you mirrored my thoughts exactly, Anu
abhi786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Meghana good post.. So Adham Khan will help BEN to kill Jalaal... Funny is that AK, Shariff know BEN truth but not Atgha & MA... MA is buzy in plotting against Jo by giving ideas to Ruqu.. But what Atgha saab is doing ?

I am fed up with MA, most annoying character... From day one she is after JO only... Atleast for a change want Ruqu to question MA involvement in BEN saazish.. For once MA forget JO & should after Ruqu to plot against her...

Still want before love track both JJ should understand & trust each other which is missing ...Hope at least friday BEN truth comes out...Want to see Jalaal, Ruqu & MA face...

CVS bring back old JJ back with some sensible track...The track is dragged beyond & JA became a saas bahu drama rather than epic love story...There is only epic taunts, insults & degrading of leads NO LOVE...
sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Meghana.

Thank you for this characteristically rational and balanced take on this episode. I agree with all that you have flagged here.

I  cannot understand those who rail against Jodha now for having become  a doormat (it is another matter that none but a few of us railed similarly  against Jalal when he was putting with nasty and insulting behaviour from Jodha in the past., often in public).

The fact is that for Jodha  now all else pales besides the paramount need to save Jalal's life, even if it has to be in spite of Jalal. Faced with such an undertaking,  nothing else should matter to her, and I find it highly praiseworthy that nothing does.

Like you, I do not see what else Jodha could have done but swallow the insult of the hoojra change, for she cannot afford to storm out of Agra in a huff because of that. How on earth do people expect her to  put her ego first, and leave the husband whose life is at stake to the mercy of the vishkanya? They cannot be serious!

No, Jodha  is neither a Persian doormat  nor a laundryman's donkey, thank you. She is now a prize specimen of Rajput female tenacity and grit and singlemindedness.  She has to save Jalal from the ghrinit jantu,  and thought the fates have been tripping her up repeatedly, save him she  will. And in order to be able to do that, she will swallow anything that has  to be swallowed,  her  ego in the first place, and continue to  stand at her post, like  (though it is not a felicitous simile) the boy on the burning deck.

What I do not like is the surety that next week, we will  see Jodha canonised by one and all, with Jalal heading the chorus,  and reducing himself to a puddle of  guilt and regret and grief all mixed up. Not an enticing prospect! 'Kya karen, majboori hai! Serial dekhnachhod bhi to nahin sakte!

Two small but  persistent  hopes: one , that Jalal  apologises to Jodha in a dignified manner, as he did after the dature ka ark  affair, and two, that he has been in the know that Benazir is up to  no good all along and had asked Atgah to get the antidote to snake  venom ready in advance (for himself, but now for Jodha)

Shyamala

PS: The promo,if correct,
is a  very silly twist, for Benazir is no suicide candidate. She intends to survive and queen it over the empire at the side of Abul Mali ( not realising that once he is on the throne, she will be the first person he will have bumped of)f. How can she  do that if Jalal is poisoned openly in a wedding ceremony? Edited by sashashyam - 10 years ago
meghanajain thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sashashyam

Meghana.

Thank you for this characteristically rational and balanced take on this episode. I agree with all that you have flagged here.

I  cannot understand those who rail against Jodha now for having become  a doormat (it is another matter that none but a few of us railed similarly  against Jalal when he was putting with nasty and insulting behaviour from Jodha in the past., often in public).

The fact is that for Jodha  now all else pales besides the paramount need to save Jalal's life, even if it has to be in spite of Jalal. Faced with such an undertaking,  nothing else should matter to her, and I find it highly praiseworthy that nothing does.

Like you, I do not see what else Jodha could have done but swallow the insult of the hoojra change, for she cannot afford to storm out of Agra in a huff because of that. How on earth do people expect her to  put her ego first, and leave the husband whose life is at stake to the mercy of the vishkanya? They cannot be serious!

No, Jodha  is neither a Persian doormat  nor a laundryman's donkey, thank you. She is now a prize specimen of Rajput female tenacity and grit and singlemindedness.  She has to save Jalal from the ghrinit jantu,  and thought the fates have been tripping her up repeatedly, save him she  will. And in order to be able to do that, she will swallow anything that has  to be swallowed,  her  ego in the first place, and continue to  stand at her post, like  (though it is not a felicitous simile) the boy on the burning deck.

What I do not like is the surety that next week, we will  see Jodha canonised by one and all, with Jalal heading the chorus,  and reducing himself to a puddle of  guilt and regret and grief all mixed up. Not an enticing prospect! 'Kya karen, majboori hai! Serial dekhnachhod bhi to nahin sakte!

Two small but  persistent  hopes: one , that Jalal  apologises to Jodha in a dignified manner, as he did after the dature ka ark  affair, and two, that he has been in the know that Benazir is up to  no good all along and had asked Atgah to get the antidote to snake  venom ready in advance (for himself, but now for Jodha)

Shyamala

PS: The promo,if correct,
is a  very silly twist, for Benazir is no suicide candidate. She intends to survive and queen it over the empire at the side of Abul Mali ( not realising that once he is on the throne, she will be the first person he will have bumped of)f. How can she  do that if Jalal is poisoned openly in a wedding ceremony?

Just saw your comment. Thanks Shymala. I commented on your post, we seem to be in agreement on Jodha's stance. I loved your post. We have come a long way indeed, remember the days when all our posts would be about criticizing Jodha..
I have tried to stay away from the serial, the forum, not able to do it yet. There must be something still that keeps pulling is back..Hope CVs keep us happy in the next track. I do not want the kings of kings in an extreme guilty state. Like you pointed out after MC, he apologized in a dignified manner. The worry though is that this man is in love, so not sure if we will see a poodle or a king with dignity!