Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

20th Screen Awards Nominations 2014 (Page 21)

ViccoTurmeric IF-Sizzlerz
ViccoTurmeric
ViccoTurmeric

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zarak65

Originally posted by vedant123

Originally posted by Deathstroke

I think ranveer is getting the snub only cos his father is not related to BW. Yes he is sonam's cousin but his parents are certainly not stars

No I don't think so

His image as in whole is not positive... Also Screen isn't an absolute fan of Ranvver!

what do u mean his image is not positive? He's one of the most energised and happy go lucky guys in the industry. Especially in the last year his fan base has doubled, pinkvilla, twitter, tumblr are all praise for him.

But in fraternity as in whole he doesn't have

I am not taking about audience but critics, industry people... I just feel... His energetic ways don't impress everyone :|

TeAmo_Messi IF-Addictz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lompatmape

Originally posted by harshu.sundas

firstly Dhanush being nominated here isnt out of the blue, pretty much 90% of the ppl here had alwasy speculated him being in the nominess BECOS of his spectacular performance .. there had been long threads on best actors of this years and ppl have repetedly counted Dhanush..

so whats the big fudge now ?.. only becos Ranveer did not get a nomination does not make Dhanush being nominated becos of Rajnikanth.. and by the way Rajnikanth himself never gets nominated for best actors down south whereas Dhanush gets a nominee every single year, so if being related to a big superstar is enuff for a nomination then Salman khan could easily get nominations for katrina every year..

and lets not make a big deal plss, even Hrithik isnt nominated which has definitely made me upset, but Dhanush being nominated here along with Rajkumar rao and farhan aktar is pretty much deserving and expected, and yeah he doesn't need Rajni's influence to make a mark, he himself is a sensation down south and m sure can create his own niche in bollywood..

Awesome post...

Thank u .. it means a lot..Big smile
TeAmo_Messi IF-Addictz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DB_reloaded

Originally posted by DB_reloaded

donno how to react ?.. HR is not nominted :O

but still i m happy eee Dhanush is nominated ..Day DreamingParty
now better the jury gives him the trophy puhleez..

ye what an insult!!! i think HR award glory days are gone he already got so many till JODHa akbar but eva since guzarrish he has been ignored!!! last year 1 of his career best performance agneepath he got nothing!!!

DB i think its too early 2 think that his glory days r over.. lets wait for Filmfare, m hopeful that he will be nominated there.. and DB if he doesnt get nominated in filmfare also, then also, just look back, he gets a nominee every year, so missing it in one year wont make much of a difference ..
Infact DB, all the topmost actors won nothing since last 3-4 years, thats pretty much fine.. M hopeful filmfare will be much more satisfactory..

IMO instead of Ranbir and SRK, HR and Ranveer must have been nominated... but we cant do much about it...

I'm sure he ill be nominated for best actor popular in Filmfare film fare popular choices are more sorted

yes DB .. fingers crossed.. i really hope so ... and if it doesnt happen then its ok, m sure he will bounce back again ...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ViccoTurmericDB_reloaded

zara321 IF-Sizzlerz
zara321
zara321

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 12:10pm | IP Logged

I think ranveer is getting the snub only cos his father is not related to BW. Yes he is sonam's cousin but his parents are certainly not stars

No I don't think so

His image as in whole is not positive... Also Screen isn't an absolute fan of Ranvver!

what do u mean his image is not positive? He's one of the most energised and happy go lucky guys in the industry. Especially in the last year his fan base has doubled, pinkvilla, twitter, tumblr are all praise for him.

I am not taking about audience but critics, industry people... I just feel... His energetic ways don't impress everyone :|

I don't think its that, I think its more to do with the fact he is an outsider therefore has to work extra hard to impress, if his personality was not working for him I am sure he would have changed himself.
SinistarPain Goldie

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
SunoNa... IF-Sizzlerz
SunoNa...
SunoNa...

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
As per the theory that Dhanush gets nomination coz of super star Rajni (who himself doesnt get nominated down southLOL) then i say where is Ram Charan not nominated?? 
His dad can pretty much destroy careers of new actors down telugu industry, he is that powerful.. 

Ranjhana mainly worked coz of Dhanush, as much as Sonam has improved , Dhanush's acting was fabulous in ranjhana no comparisons their.. I dont think there has been any critics putting him down for his acting skills (barring looks which few certainly made few mean commentsAngry)

Ranveer will get their, some more movies and he will get it.. There has been many wonderful performances which have actually missed winning awards or even being nominated so nothing new.. 
Though Ranveer was equally good in lootera, the critics actually raved more for Sonakshi and few did complain about his voice modulation(or for the low voice as in he wasnt audible at few places). 
I dint like RL , so not going to comment on that.. 

Motwane and Amit T should hv been recognized as well.. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lompatmapeSharif.BadmaashTeAmo_Messi

TeAmo_Messi IF-Addictz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 12:13pm | IP Logged

I cant believe, now ppl r actually trying to decode Dhanush and Rajkumar rao being nominated here ?.. i agree that Ranveer deserved a nomination but Rajkumar Rao, Farhan aktar and Dhanush being nominated was so much expected nd deserving indeed.. whats the need to decode it that he is related to Rajni, Farhan is this and Rajkumar has crititics support ? seriously, then even Ranveer had critics support too in both his films and sonakshi even got a nominee..

who is decoding dhanush? we only just mentioned he is related, nobody is saying he doesn't deserve it.

but bringing his inlaws and relations to so and so in a topic of nominations isnt related either.. i mean yes one way its good that u r agreeing he deserved the nominee but on the other hand u r using his nominee as an example to prove that the nominees r rigged by bringing in his FIL and justify that Ranveer deserved a nominee..

IMO this Rajnikanth and his legendary status has nothing to do in this topic, but still u pppl discussed it and even u tried to make Ranveer look like a bechara who has no powerful relatives in the industry and thus the prince charming dint get a nomination ?.. isnt it ?. otherwise why do i need to even mention it ..

Lastly, i also mentioned Rajkumar Rao, u ppl r even trying to decode Rajkumar's nomination and i really wonder why ? its Ranveer's hard luck that he got ignored but its Rajkumar and Dhanush's deserved recognition, and I felt offended just the way u felt when i defended Dhanush..

I hope i clarified myself here ...
ViccoTurmeric IF-Sizzlerz
ViccoTurmeric
ViccoTurmeric

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 12:14pm | IP Logged

No I don't think so

I don't think its that, I think its more to do with the fact he is an outsider therefore has to work extra hard to impress, if his personality was not working for him I am sure he would have changed himself.

No it's not about outsider... They could have easily avoided Rajkumar then because like half of people haven't watched him and no one would have even bothered to make hue and cry!

Go to top