India-Forums

Gustakh Dil
Gustakh Dil

GUSTAK DIL STORY LINE

thayani2007 Groupbie
thayani2007
thayani2007

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
A message to the Creative Team and Directors:   Excellent story.  Though according to you it a fiction, it a real story in our family.  The role being played by Nikil is already played in real life in my family.  This man is legally married to a woman 53 years back and for the last 50 years is living with my sister-in-law happily with children and grand children.  The role played by Lajjo is the same role being played in real life by his legal wife, who does not have children.  He takes care of her also, he has given her a house and now that lady is around 75 years and my sister-in-law is 72 years.  Feel really sad.  Every day I become very emotional when I see the serial.  I feel pity for the role played by Lajjo, people may think this is only a story but as far as I am concerned I think of the old lady (uneducated, does not come out of the house and has confined herself to the home and till date has not questioned her husband for making her life miserable).  I do not know how the story line will go in Gustak Dil, but in real life only the lover finds a place in the man's heart and the wife will remain a doormat.  I would be too happy if this is dubbed and shown in Tamil, probably when my SIL watches she will understand what harm she has done for the real legal wife.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishk4unotshaybabiiex3agalyacuteashujani12Aginaya69berrysweetdevsumParm.Punkin22paljaynoexcuse...Jes...

Parm. IF-Rockerz
Parm.
Parm.

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 4:15am | IP Logged
What a sad story.  I truly don't know what to say.   50 years this poor women has had to go thru this and that too with no children of her own to comfort her.   I don't know how she managed to live in such a situation for so long.   I realize though that 50 years ago life was very different but still it must have been a rough and rocky life for her...Cry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishk4unotpaljay

paljay IF-Rockerz
paljay
paljay

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
Very sad, isn't it illegal to have two wives? Someone should have reported it long back .
Parm. IF-Rockerz
Parm.
Parm.

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by paljay

Very sad, isn't it illegal to have two wives? Someone should have reported it long back .

Might be the case now Di but who knows about 50 years ago?  Plus, who knows if it was a "registered" wedding like we have to do now.  It could have just been the phera's in the mundir (or what ever type of wedding rituals they would have had).

Plus now that I think about it, my mother's aunt had something similar happen.   (they are all gone now but from what I remember 2 sisters were married to the same man - apparently the 1st sister could not have children (or so they thought) and their father instead of having his SIL marry an unknown women that might make it difficult for his daughter or even kick her out married his other younger daughter to the same man.  Both sisters lived together and neither of them had children (obviously the problem was with the husband but back then I guess they thought it was the woman's problem not the man's).  Apparently they lead a happy life as they were to sisters in the same household but I still find it rather odd.  It would have been probably around 60+ years ago or so I would imagine so somewhere around the same time frame...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

paljay

thayani2007 Groupbie
thayani2007
thayani2007

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
The lover i.e.  my SIL never married him in a temple or regd office, I understand he just tied a thread in a house which they took on rent and even today they are living together.  she is a retd govt employee and gets a good pension.  the saddest part is the real woman whom his parents chose for him is suffering.  I feel in this story they must show that Lajo leaves the house and gets herself educated and comes as a strong woman.  This will send a good message to society.
paljay IF-Rockerz
paljay
paljay

Posted: 09 January 2014 at 7:22am | IP Logged
My best friend from school days did the same thing to a woman( she is no more my friend) her boyfriend begged her in front of me before he married to the girl his father chose from a small village, at that time my friend didn't want to run away but after he got married my friend felt that she can't live without him and went after him. He had a son from his wife, she took the son away from the mother and they are all living in an apartment whereas his wife is living with her MIL.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top