Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Arvind Kejriwal and AAP (Page 87)

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 30 April 2014 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

@Mr A - Delhi elections were the perfect wake-up call for every party. I say that makes the Delhi people smarter, in a sense they did gave 3 chances to Sheila on the name of development but pull the plugs immediately after the corruption charges surface. BJP has itself to blame, you cannot win elections by playing musical chairs with your probable CM candidate, also their inability to convert MCD success into Assembly ones. 
So, yeah Delhi people brought the focus back to development and corruption which gave the perfect pitch to NaMo to focus his campaign. 

Smart and too perceptive, thats Delhi for you. 

what abt mumbai? they seem cynical to say the least?

smart and perceptive? more like filmy! LOL

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 30 April 2014 at 10:11am | IP Logged
AAP, despite the mistake they made in leaving Delhi CM-ship, still has some favour because of educated middle class joining it. They do not have bhai-beta-bhatija types as their main faces, there is no religion-influenced ideology. They really do have some connect with aam aadmi.

Their biggest achievement is that they have been able to draw out many first time voters. They made people aware, and 'more part' of a democracy.
I know both poor people and educated middle class people who still want to vote for the Jhaadu.

AAP has given people a choice beyond usual Congress and BJP and other parties that thrive only on linguistic issues or casteism.

That said, the chances of AK becoming PM are slim. Cities are in favour of AAP, but no idea of affinity towards jhaadu from villages and small towns that form the real masses. The way AK left Delhi also made a dent in his image. I mean AAP was always an underdog but this mistake put more odds against them.

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 30 April 2014 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Btw, rumours have it that Modi might be facing a jail term for holding a paper lotus near a polling booth. I'd no idea about this clause in the MCoC, kinda reminds you of the boundary rule that made the Rajasthan Royals win yesterday.
krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 30 April 2014 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by atominis

AAP, despite the mistake they made in leaving Delhi CM-ship, still has some favour because of educated middle class joining it. They do not have bhai-beta-bhatija types as their main faces, there is no religion-influenced ideology. They really do have some connect with aam aadmi.

Their biggest achievement is that they have been able to draw out many first time voters. They made people aware, and 'more part' of a democracy.
I know both poor people and educated middle class people who still want to vote for the Jhaadu.

AAP has given people a choice beyond usual Congress and BJP and other parties that thrive only on linguistic issues or casteism.

That said, the chances of AK becoming PM are slim. Cities are in favour of AAP, but no idea of affinity towards jhaadu from villages and small towns that form the real masses. The way AK left Delhi also made a dent in his image. I mean AAP was always an underdog but this mistake put more odds against them.

Actually Skep, AAP lost its favour with the urban classes post its debacle. The educated middle-class voter you speak of has largely defected more and more to BJP because of NaMo's mainly urban-centeic "development" pitch. In fact, its now mostly the urban poor and hardcore Leftists who are still rooting for the AAP. As a pure "alternative fare" for the reasons you mentioned, nothing else.

Edited by krystal_watz - 30 April 2014 at 10:43am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggenie

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 30 April 2014 at 10:45am | IP Logged
@Krystal

I understand but I still see many rooting for AAP. And those are not Leftists or urban poor. Some are still willing to give AAP  a chance, though it is definitely no longer what it was like earlier.
charminggenie IF-Stunnerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 30 April 2014 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
AAP has long lost its plot, I think resigning from CM's post signaled the alarm bells. Overambitious and lack of organizational skills affected them. The only way they would survive  is if they manage to recover the lost ground in Delhi and start building the base again. 
They still have loads of sympathizers and a vote base atleast in urban areas but the percentage has drastically decreased and whatever vote share they have right now is not enough to be converted into seats.

In any case, whoever thought they were ever in a position to mange anything above 30 was buying just the social hype not the ground reality. 

@Mr Bird and Mr A - thoughts on which way BJD will swing?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mr.ass

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 30 April 2014 at 4:19pm | IP Logged
The record turnout in Punjab is due to what? I think AAP has definitely made an impact even though its chances of winning seats are less.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index