Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

^ i am not sure RJD and Paswan cater to the same crowd. I believe they are two separate blocs, with the Yadavs outnumbering the Paswans. The muslims are also flocking to congress-RJD, with JDU at best tied with NDA if not behind... If this is the case, then RJD-Congress might end up with 20+ seats with the rest split between BJP and JDU. Even if BJP gets 15 of these seats, they'd be starting 17 seats behind where the NDA was last time. That's a very heavy ask if you look at how much ground the NDA has to cover elsewhere to make the deficit from 159 last time all the way to 272. I have a bad feeling about Bihar. Some states are bimaru for a reason- they keep electing the same idiots... and i think lalu might be making a strong comeback. Bengal's the same way. Between the Commies and Mamtas, they are basically bankrupt... it's the choices their citzens made, but now they want money from the centre to be bailed out. If Bihar votes the way i think they will, they deserve every bit of the fodder crap Lalu will give them... 

My mistake , RJD and Paswan cater to two different sectors. But his son and he will gain atleast 2-3 seats. Cong won't get any. 

We differ on JD(U), they won't get seats in double figure my guess. Him being part of NDA won't have made a difference, Nitish with Modi would have reduced their Muslim vote and him being away has pushed Lalu ahead. So the only two parties gaining are BJP and RJD. 

BJP has been pretty smart by not having a big alliance , hence focusing on improving their tally, I think they will get 20 odd seats which is a happy thing, considering they would have improved from their 14% vote share. 

Minority and Muslim votes were never going to be with BJP , so doesn't matter.

@On another note, how is Lalu allowed to campaign , isn't he serving a sentence, some EC we have?
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: charminggenie

Compliment coming from you , Mr Bird, Muchas Gracias

Will just add couple of pointers to your AAP analysis - What exactly was the reason for fielding AK against NaMo in Varanasi, I think this move too backfired on him . 
After defeat would he come back to Delhi and how would he explain all his hopping around?
 Their campaign might not be as tainted as others but they also have played it dirty. Will AK accept JD(U)'s support in Varanasi?

Now to Bihar, think krystal asked me this a while back. 

Total 40 , 2009 - BJP-12, JD(U)- 20 with Lalu getting 6. 

This time with Nitish breaking away from NDA, I think his party is going to be sidelined to the 3rd position. RJD is rather than affecting BJP much is going to break JD(U) vote-bank.  JD(U), RJD and Paswan all cater to the same voting segment, hence there will be a good chance of them cutting each other's vote and BJP might sneak away with few .
2 more voting phases are still to happen and if reports are to be believed Modi is concentrating and returning back to Bihar. 

I see BJP getting anything around 20 and RJD doubling it's previous tally. The biggest loss would be of JD(U). Paswan is going to play the role of party-popper for UPA, if he wins 3-4 seats, more power to NDA. 

for some reason, I think people are fed up with both lalu and nitish and want modi. I think nitish will cut into the vote base of jdu but only by so much, given he's a criminal and sympathy can get you only so much. modi is probably going to get 25 - 27, mark my words! dunno why im making such a bold prediction, but thats my opinion. this is balanced out by my less than optimistic UP prediction, people are saying 42 - 50 for bjp, im saying they wont cross 36! most likely 28 - 34 😊
mr.ass thumbnail

Originally posted by: zorrro

Its strange that people should threaten the AAP supporters in Punjab if he is not seen as a serious contender

but based on ground reports AAP is doing well in punjab? also jaitley will lose. I am happy because jaitley and sushma only prevented subramanian swamy from getting the new delhi seat 😃
mr.ass thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

The record turnout in Punjab is due to what? I think AAP has definitely made an impact even though its chances of winning seats are less.

they might win 1 or 2 in punjab, 1 or 2 in delhi, 1 in bangalore and 1 in UP. they will cut urban votes of congress more. they will help bjp get extra 5 - 10 seats 😊
mr.ass thumbnail

Originally posted by: charminggenie

AAP has long lost its plot, I think resigning from CM's post signaled the alarm bells. Overambitious and lack of organizational skills affected them. The only way they would survive  is if they manage to recover the lost ground in Delhi and start building the base again. 

They still have loads of sympathizers and a vote base atleast in urban areas but the percentage has drastically decreased and whatever vote share they have right now is not enough to be converted into seats.

In any case, whoever thought they were ever in a position to mange anything above 30 was buying just the social hype not the ground reality. 

@Mr Bird and Mr A - thoughts on which way BJD will swing?

bjd will most likely abstain from vote or give outside support. wont join nda nor vote against it. probably amma and naveen will give 25 to 30 seats from the outside to modi 😃
I don't think RJD's position is as good as before, they might have had a slight surge in the districts of Seemanchal, Araria, Purnia etc. but outside of those pockets, they don't command a pan-Bihar hold. This might sound stupid, but I predict not more than 7-10 seats for the Cong-RJD alliance.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
There are no winners when you're arguing to someone about Politics...😊

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79pzODy_riw[/YOUTUBE]
Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
In Gujarat ...it was supposed to 18 seats for BJP out of 26 but due to high voting ...scenario is totally changed ...Now News is that BJP will get 23 ...and some big names of Congress will also loose ...AAP will get 0
atominis thumbnail
@Genie
I personally believe Chandigarh could go into Congress' hands. Simply because BJP and AAP candidates from Chandigarh are not much likely to strike chord with voters. AAP is popular in Chandigarh but I feel they made a mistake by fielding Gul Panag there. (Or maybe it springs from my low opinion of fielding actors and models in elections! But I really do not know of what knowledge people like Kirron Kher and Gul Panag have, what involvement they have had in public life and social issues apart from role as entertainers)

I agree AAP would have benefitted more if AK was still CM of Delhi. They would have gotten lot more exposure in real life and media too. Nowadays it is only Modi Modi everywhere. It's almost as if it is a given that he's won and only his coronation is pending!

AAP has much less resources than other established parties. Indeed they are mainly about electronic media, and nowhere at grassroots. You do not even see their posters and hoardings everywhere. Example, someone like HS Phoolka had impeccable credentials but he was not able to connect on a larger scale. Badals control media a lot, voices from other parties were barely able to reach masses as much as they needed to have reached. 

I was surprised when of all people it was Jaitley's name that was announced from Amritsar! Amarinder seems to have an edge over him. 
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
WHAT is happening in Amethi?! Dirty, dirty politics being played by the Gandhis.
http://www.ndtv.com/elections/article/election-2014/aap-claims-kumar-vishwas-family-being-asked-to-leave-amethi-518898