Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ScorpionGunner thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
The problem is in IF that so many NRIs and their confused desi kids are keen to know Indian politics ...for the obvious reason they can't read the lines on wall written by Indian.

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Eggs, ink thrown at Arvind Kejriwal in Varanasi!!!

Why Kejriwal was opposed in Gujarat and Varanasi Only ???!! IS modi really scared of Him !!?! ...Modi supporters have right to oppose his oponents but way to oppose is through ballot... If they are so confident of modi's win ..why should they be bothered about who contests against him.😕😊
ScorpionGunner thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots !
Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Political drama of Kejrival - They themselves bring Eggs & Ink & Kejri's men thrown on them

Totally NONSENSE😡
Rose7bud thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
 BJP always have a complain that Congress party stands for dynastic rule. But what about BJP itself.  If Congress depicts dynastic rule then BJP stands for autocracy. Mr Na Mo over the period of time has turned an autocrat. He has no respect for the seniors which is proven by the way he has sidelined and neglected Advani and other senior leaders. Mrs Sushma Swaraj who was the obvious choice for PM candidature cutting across all parties was ignored .The trio NaMo, Arun Jaitely and Rajnath Singh are the ones who are behind all the important decisions and in the end Mr NaMo suggestion prevails.
BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hemangi5

BJP always have a complain that Congress party stands for dynastic rule. But what about BJP itself.  If Congress depicts dynastic rule then BJP stands for autocracy. Mr Na Mo over the period of time has turned an autocrat. He has no respect for the seniors which is proven by the way he has sidelined and neglected Advani and other senior leaders. Mrs Sushma Swaraj who was the obvious choice for PM candidature cutting across all parties was ignored .The trio NaMo, Arun Jaitely and Rajnath Singh are the ones who are behind all the important decisions and in the end Mr NaMo suggestion prevails.

i disagree. Modi's style is US-style Presidential leadership, not autocratic, and that's exactly what India needs. He has a small group of trusted advisors, a think tank of sorts, same as in the US and the same as the CEO of any organization. The Ministers have a job to do but thankfully they are reined in and not allowed to run amok. If you think about it, that's the way it should be. The Ministers are basically deadwood fogeys who know nothing. Their only competence is in terms of  organizing gundas to get people to vote for them with the sole aim of looting. If Modi had great ideas for water harvesting and solar panels, it's because of his approach in working with experts around him. Otherwise, if you left it to a Water Minister politician, you'd never get anything... just more bureaucratic bungling and incompetence, with not a shred of a clue as to what they should be doing.

but sure, if you want to look for autocratic, check out Kejriwal. Now that idiot is what one would call a loony auocrat. He cannot deal with any opposing viewpoint. It's his stupid way and stupid ideas, and that's all he tolerates.
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Mr Bird.
I really don't feel too excited for Modi's think-tank, they are not able to control these election hiccups which may cost big.  It seems more like a band of incompetent officers.
The latest Muthalik fiasco doesn't look good. as well Also BJP is fielding too many filmy stars rather than sensible candidates is weird. I don't care for Advani or jaswant drama- thats useless  but the whole handling of the affairs has been terrible.

What seemed like an easy 220 is now being reduced to 190+. Also what do you think of Modi contesting from two seats- he is going to win both ofcourse, but whats the logic of doing so.

BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: charminggenie

@Mr Bird.

I really don't feel too excited for Modi's think-tank, they are not able to control these election hiccups which may cost big.  It seems more like a band of incompetent officers.
The latest Muthalik fiasco doesn't look good. as well Also BJP is fielding too many filmy stars rather than sensible candidates is weird. I don't care for Advani or jaswant drama- thats useless  but the whole handling of the affairs has been terrible.

What seemed like an easy 220 is now being reduced to 190+. Also what do you think of Modi contesting from two seats- he is going to win both ofcourse, but whats the logic of doing so.

i think you are being unfair on Modi/ his think tank. Most of the lousy decisions were made by others in the party, not by Modi. Modi was furious when he found out about Muthalik...Right now, Modi has to scratch Rajnath Singh's back. Remember he is not PM yet, and he needs continued backing from the party president. There was no reason fro Rajnath Singh to have shifted his constituency... but Modi had to make allowances for him. That's not necessarily going to be the case when he is PM going by how he has run Gujarat... You just have too many loose cannons now, something that's going to be taken care of later...

also, let's get real when it comes to MPs. They are just warm bodies. Just the fact that you have people like jaswant singh going from Darjeeling to Barmer should tell you. They are not really out there to represent those constituencies. They actually spend their entire term at parties in Delhi, far removed from whatever constituency they claim to represent. The people who are closer to the constituents are the MLAs, and i think people who vote understand that.

also, you and i may not get taken in by film stars. But there are a lot of people in india who do. That's how you have midget sized actors being so popular, these things defy logic... Give the voters some daaru the night before elections and they'd vote for you. That's how dumb the scene is.

as for Modi going after 2 seats, i think it's been explained well by MrAss. They need the eastern UP/ Bihar vote and Modi standing from that region would energize the party there. makes good sense.
@Hemangi: Which statements of Kejriwal have been misconstrued?
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@Mr Bird - I get his logic for Varanasi. its a very smart move but not Vadodara . Thats unnecessary. 
Modi might not be aware of few decisions but its a known fact that amit Shah is the main man behind the ticketing allocation. Doubt Rajnath has much clout , he is saving himself hence the switch to Lucknow. I am not too happy with the way they are accepting ex-Cong people or other corrupt ones. These inductions are unnecessary, considering the slogan is pro-development. 

Jaswant Singh for all his worth has been a lousy MP .  He has been far indulged by BJP over the years while giving him tickets. I like how Vasundhera is backing the other candidate. But my problem is the inability of BJP think-tank in handling this in press. The statements are really silly and the open "disappointment" by one camp (Sushma) doesn't send a good signal.

Modi needs a team . I don't see anyone besides him as part of the govt.

The filmstars like Paresh Rawal , Kiran Kher on popular and safe seats don't make sense.

Amritsar seems to be  interesting competition too.