Arvind Kejriwal and AAP - Page 39

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: charminggenie

Brilliant discussion!!

So agree with everyone that BJP is really harming itself by nominating uninspiring candidates. Amit shah has not got the math right . I also feel hiring of corrupt/controversial figures at this point is damning the credibility.

I don't get this constant in fighting as well. Too much of it is in the public. Though Advani is looking worse but it still gives a not so perfect picture specially when the elections are approaching.

AAP has been real smart with their candidates. Chandigarh and Chandni Chowk is so interesting. Gul panag is a good candidate much better than Kiran Kher. Also I am not sure if jaitley can pull through Amritsar. 

I have a feeling  a large section in BJP wants to restrict the tally under 200 , that opens the door to the seat for a lot of its leaders. Pity , if that happens. Honestly really disappointing ticket distribution.

Varanasi makes a lot of sense for Modi. 

@Mr Bird- word!! Congress has probably the smartest , articulate leaders. More popular ones too. Yet  they continue to hover around the satellite called Gandhi family when many more are far deserving. They use the names but never groom for top jobs, take Scindia,Pilot etc.  Sachin Pilot is so well articulate , usually the fall guy in the media but he is never given much responsibility. Wasted potential. Too much colonial hangover in the party.

Frankly with all the hard-work Modi has done , 190 would be such a downer. 

totally agree about Pilot. Congress' new brigade is really very good. Too bad they'll have to dumb down in order to make way for RG. That family takes in smart people only to turn them into suck-up artists.

BJP has put up a Shetty guy from mumbai. The guy is a goon who's made life miserable for ordinary folk. Really sad that BJP seems to be effing up at the last mile.

btw, we have a citibank forecaster who thinks the rupee would appreciate 35% if modi came in, and tank past 69 if he does not. All the aam-aadmi characters talking about inflation/ price rise would be hard hit if they get the guy they are rooting for ie. kejri. That would send the rupee to 80 and imported inflation skyrocketing.

in hindsight, knowing how good it turned out for AAP, Modi would have been better off floating his own party... Advani and sushma swaraj would not have gone too far without him. they want to be PM, but they have no draw/ mass appeal.

charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Nomura too thinks a Modi govt would be good for the economy. They feel if Modi comes to power , rupee might recover in a big way. I am not surprised though, a BJP-led govt is always welcomed by the trade. More so now because Modi's whole campaign has been about reforms.  The most important thing is to get a stable and a strong govt. 
Any scenario which puts AK as PM is bad all around, that will mean a situation where the third front is in power or Cong is supporting from outside. Which all means,unstable govt, inexperienced leadership.  This is a very far-fetched vision though because Cong is gaining and will try to stop AAP from cutting its vote.

I cannot believe that Modi who has been prepping for this battle for some time now will eff it in this way. I wonder who is responsible for this Amit Shah, Rajnath?

There is no confidence in BJP sitting MPs , the clamor for safe seats is embarrassing, I think they believed too much in the Modi wave. Like Mr A said, there is no wave but an immense popularity of Modi, that means the groundwork needs to capitalize on this lead, which unfortunately BJP is loosing.

Sushma would gain the most from this confusion.  She is the default alternative to Modi , everyone likes her and has some sort of public image. Also being Advani's protege will help her. 

The problem with Congress is that they are so wary of kicking the Gandhi clan out, their party nucleus is around it or else the old party would have disintegrated long time back.

Nah , even though Modi is popular as a lone leader , he won't have been able to manage much. I feel he is being too intrusive within his party.

-victoRiya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Does anyone know of KHAP aka Khas Admi Party floated by Naresh Singh Bhadauriya? ðŸ˜†
It claims to recruit only corrupt members and has declared Kejriwal to be its arch rival. Bhadauriya has earlier been in news owing to his Poll Khol party in last general elections.
Interesting fellow and nice innovative concept to bring the burning issues of the day to centerstage by using satire as a political weapon.
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Rumour has it Congress approached Sachin Tendulkar to contest against Modi in Varanasi. Thank GOD Sachin refused. Congress are determined to do anything to defeat Modi. I'm enjoying seeing how scared the Congress are right now and the extent they're willing to go to in order to prevent a BJP/Modi win.

Originally posted by: krystal_watz

Ass: Speaking of Bihar, how do you think an alliance with the LJP will turn out for BJP? Think it'll cost them the upper caste Bhumihar votes?

Ass, no answer.

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

@MrAss=> totally agree with you on both Swamy and the fact that every other party has one leader to project.

another point- as far as congress goes the theme is set by someone like Sonia/ RG. Power emanates from them with the immediiate circle having some freedom to set policy. The MPs are just ariithmetic and warm bodies, they dont really count for much else. So for all the hue and cry about goon MPs, it does not really matter because decision making is concentrated at the top. If someone votes for an AAP guy in their constituency, it's a vote for kejri at the end of the day. Ditto for BJP/ Modi. Under the circumstances, it's more important who the leader is, not how many crimes the MP might have committed.😆

one of the ironies imo is that out of the entire bunch, it is the congress leaders that are the most suave and articulate, often educated at places like harvard etc. .By comparison, the BJP guys look like old fogeys. The AAP guys look like self-made achievers, but still not as suave as the congress guys. Irony is that in spite of all that class, they were the ones who looted away...

it's really a shame that people like sibal and maken and scindia who had great credentials, just turned into puppets. Speaks of the sucking up people have to do to stay in position, and the power of that one or two party leader. By comparison, the BJP politicians are not very media savvy/ friendly. I'd vote for them nonetheless because that's the only way to strengthen Modi. But i am not sure others would do that. AAP for example has been putting up some really good candidates for eg. in north mumbai.

And what's this about Gul panag waiting to join BJP, getting ignored, and finally going with AAP from chandigarh. It's a shame because her's is a great family... her dad was a top general too. I am sorry but BJP has not been fielding great candidates... Too bad i have to vote for them in order to get Modi..

Bold: But the question is, will the masses vote for them? They won't see "the brain", they're going to cast the ballot for the ones who THEY see as superb/average/notorious. The main problem with BJP's candidate list is that they have more corrupt people contesting the elections than Congress this time. Further, they have gone down the Congress way by introducing children of influential has-been leaders, hence throwing the door open to comparisons with the Congress' dynasty politics. Edited by krystal_watz - 10 years ago
mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

@MrAss=> totally agree with you on both Swamy and the fact that every other party has one leader to project. 

another point- as far as congress goes the theme is set by someone like Sonia/ RG. Power emanates from them with the immediiate circle having some freedom to set policy. The MPs are just ariithmetic and warm bodies, they dont really count for much else. So for all the hue and cry about goon MPs, it does not really matter because decision making is concentrated at the top. If someone votes for an AAP guy in their constituency, it's a vote for kejri at the end of the day. Ditto for BJP/ Modi. Under the circumstances, it's more important who the leader is, not how many crimes the MP might have committed.😆  

one of the ironies imo is that out of the entire bunch, it is the congress leaders that are the most suave and articulate, often educated at places like harvard etc. .By comparison, the BJP guys look like old fogeys. The AAP guys look like self-made achievers, but still not as suave as the congress guys. Irony is that in spite of all that class, they were the ones who looted away... 

it's really a shame that people like sibal and maken and scindia who had great credentials, just turned into puppets. Speaks of the sucking up people have to do to stay in position, and the power of that one or two party leader. By comparison, the BJP politicians are not very media savvy/ friendly. I'd vote for them nonetheless because that's the only way to strengthen Modi. But i am not sure others would do that. AAP for example has been putting up some really good candidates for eg. in north mumbai. 

And what's this about Gul panag waiting to join BJP, getting ignored, and finally going with AAP from chandigarh. It's a shame because her's is a great family... her dad was a top general too. I am sorry but BJP has not been fielding great candidates... Too bad i have to vote for them in order to get Modi..  

exactly. there's nothing like the human connect. and you need the focus to be on one person, not a collective group.

haha, I remember during the augusta choppers scam, one communist said to the congress"you were very important and truth speaking people, why you are doing all these things?"  as far as your line abt  educated congressmen go. even I used to like congress in 2004 and 2009, I used to like the fact that they spoke english. I used to like mani shankar aiyar, 😆 not now tho. I used to thing bjp were a bunch of hindi walla ganwars. i didnt know about yashwant sinha or jaswanth singh etc. i thought modi was a khatarnak murderer 😆 and sonia was mother teresa 🤣

AAP now comes across as a bunch of nutcases and confused people these days.

bjp has some shit people like javadekar who takes 1 year to complete one sentence.

birdie, what do you think of sanjay jha though? 😆

as far as gul is concerned. I dont care where she goes, as long as she maintains that hot body of hers 😆
Edited by mr.ass - 10 years ago
mr.ass thumbnail

Originally posted by: charminggenie

Brilliant discussion!!

So agree with everyone that BJP is really harming itself by nominating uninspiring candidates. Amit shah has not got the math right . I also feel hiring of corrupt/controversial figures at this point is damning the credibility.

I don't get this constant in fighting as well. Too much of it is in the public. Though Advani is looking worse but it still gives a not so perfect picture specially when the elections are approaching.

AAP has been real smart with their candidates. Chandigarh and Chandni Chowk is so interesting. Gul panag is a good candidate much better than Kiran Kher. Also I am not sure if jaitley can pull through Amritsar. 

I have a feeling  a large section in BJP wants to restrict the tally under 200 , that opens the door to the seat for a lot of its leaders. Pity , if that happens. Honestly really disappointing ticket distribution.

Varanasi makes a lot of sense for Modi. 

@Mr Bird- word!! Congress has probably the smartest , articulate leaders. More popular ones too. Yet  they continue to hover around the satellite called Gandhi family when many more are far deserving. They use the names but never groom for top jobs, take Scindia,Pilot etc.  Sachin Pilot is so well articulate , usually the fall guy in the media but he is never given much responsibility. Wasted potential. Too much colonial hangover in the party.

Frankly with all the hard-work Modi has done , 190 would be such a downer. 

actually ppl vote for party and pm candidate, if he's good. even though opinion polls suggest candidate is more important. most ppl , even in chennai ask are u voting for karunanidhi or jaya or kailaignar katchi or mgr katchi 😆 very few ppl actually bother abt candidate for general elections 😆

amit shah has put babu bokharia, a shady fellow and many other criminals in gujarat assembly and won, so dont worry, he knows what he's doing 😊

totally agree.. scindia, pilot and milind deora are wasted talent.

well blame advani and sushma for infighting, causing no expansion of bjp after vajpayee left. bjp is mainly a north west party, so 190 is fantastic. 240 is still possible if bjp is VERY lucky.
Genie: Actually, AAP has it worse than BJP when it comes to infighting. After Savita Bhatti, Aswathy Nair has opted out. Both her and Kumar Vishwas have accused AAP of being uber-elitist and dictatorial. A lot of candidates' tainted past is coming to the fore, e.g., Khaled Parvez. Presently Rakhi Birla is also entangled in a mess with charges of demanding bribes. Looking at these, I won't say AAP is in good hands, Kejri ka khujli apart. 😆
mr.ass thumbnail

stupid to give them so many seats. they should have gone alone, getting low class parties in bihar and tamil nadu 🤢 the only alliance i am looking forward to is chandrababu and modi 😃 

anyway ljp will get 2 seats, rlsp 1 seat and bjp 25 - 28 seats...