Debate Mansion

Arvind Kejriwal and AAP - Page 35

charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
@Mr Bird - why bother about someone who might not get double digits in LS.
Share the thoughts on BJP dynamics instead, do you trust the old guard making it easy for Modi or still pushing for a situation where the PM seat goes to someone else.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ScorpionGunner thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Cruiser Bhai ...

like the way Rajat Ji has defended Arnab ... very rare these days ...

most amusing part was Ashutosh ... that morron was part of Reliance owned TV18 group till January 14 ... disgusting ! Can't understand why the krantikari couple Khajdeep & Sleevless still in the TV18 ... they must join the new jubilliant circus !
BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-charminggenie

@Mr Bird - why bother about someone who might not get double digits in LS.

Share the thoughts on BJP dynamics instead, do you trust the old guard making it easy for Modi or still pushing for a situation where the PM seat goes to someone else.

i think it is important to be bothered about kejriwal. In my mind, he is the proverbial Jai Chand who comes in at the wrong time and changes the course of Indian history for the worse. I loathe this guy for his intellectual dishonesty, his commie ideologies, his anti-army postures, his hypocrisy and his megalomania. He is as much of a traitor as anyone I can think of. He has no business fooling people when he knows he has less than zero ability, and the country cant afford his kind of disastrous policies. He is just doing what he can to stay relevant, even if it means taking down people who have actually done good work. I am also bothered by the fact that even if he wins a few dozen seats, those would be seats that NDA would have to seek through coalition partners which would be a very sorry thing. Sorry but i cant say enough s*it bout this effer.

As for old guard/ new guard, it comes down to election results. No one in the country would dare  deny Modi the chance to be PM if he pulls BJP to solid numbers.  No one.

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 10 years ago
ScorpionGunner thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-mr.ass

no, because it is in the eastern UP area  where bjp is weak .. they can get 50 instead of 40. for a northwest party like the bjp, even 10 extra seats is important.

Modi ji will contest from Banaras, because it will increase the vote share in Purvanchal ...in addition  positively it will effect the voting in Bihar too ... since Avadh is controlled by SP & BSP, our party is focusing more in to eastern part. Western part is cake walk for us. Afterwards the riots, western UP is in hand in glove for the party. Expecting positive results from Rajnath Ji, Kalraj Ji, Joshi Ji, Sidharth Ji, Varun Ji from Avadh... 42+ is feasible ...

My constituency will be interesting ... Meenakshi Madam, Ajay Maken and Khaitan (not the pankha but Guleli dot com khauji patrakar) ... hope for the best !
charminggenie thumbnail
See here I disagree with you Mr Bird, you overestimate AK. Exactly the reasons you have stated will diminish his chances anywhere outside Delhi.  But I get his gimmicks because those are  more of survival tactics in Indian politics. He doesn't have a political card or legacy say like Mamta, Mayawati or Mulayam . this is why I dismiss him as a big picture game changer. 10 seats at the max for all the drama.
I share your thoughts about Modi but does this  open dissent will harm the magic number that he is chasing. There are reports where a good section of his own party is working against him.  

BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-charminggenie

See here I disagree with you Mr Bird, you overestimate AK. Exactly the reasons you have stated will diminish his chances anywhere outside Delhi.  But I get his gimmicks because those are  more of survival tactics in Indian politics. He doesn't have a political card or legacy say like Mamta, Mayawati or Mulayam . this is why I dismiss him as a big picture game changer. 10 seats at the max for all the drama.

I share your thoughts about Modi but does this  open dissent will harm the magic number that he is chasing. There are reports where a good section of his own party is working against him.  

in the final analysis i dont think the dissent within BJP will make much of a difference. Modi is still towering over others in terms of perceptions... It's the cadre that has to come out and be energized and organized, and i think they are because of Modi. The old has-beens will not impact that.

What will make a difference however is how well he connects with the rural population. Some friends were saying that congress is still running strong there. Sonia flies in her helicopter, the dumb asses go out to see the foreign Indian bahu, they get impressed. They'll keep voting for her till they drop dead. Corruption and the rest of it hardly matters to them. Some of them even think that Mahatma Gandhi is still alive and Sonia is related to him! What will one do with these jackasses?

people like Sushma Swaraj and Joshi are has-beens. They have never governed, have no vision. Do they even have any vote base? What will they and the rest of the third front PM aspirants do if they actually got a chance to be PM? Do they have any vision, any clue, any track record of accomplishment in any sphere other than looting?  
Edited by BirdieNumNum - 10 years ago
charminggenie thumbnail
@Mr Bird - actually I have the same nagging doubt , the rural and the recent PR turn-over for Rahul is to be taken seriously. I do see Cong making a decent recovery which might affect Modi's number.  NaMo's narrative is too urban centric , I feel he needs to hit it big in UP hinterland or even in South. 
Heres' why the old guard is important -Sushma is the neutral face of BJP , she should have been a prime campaigner in states which are not too comfortable with Modi. Her goodwill is immense both inside and outside the Parliament.

Sushma is the defacto alternative within BJP . She is like MMS , likable and non-opposed. In case the numbers don't add up , allies and some Pseudo parties like JD(U) might agree on her name. Joshi is not even in the picture.

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Whatever said and done you have to give it to the guy! Kejriwal sure knows how to garner media attention. Where parties have been doling out huge amounts for PR and image building Mr Kejriwal is getting free publicity. Hate him or love him ,but  there's no ignoring him 😆
His declaration to fight the elections directly against Modi in his chosen constituency was sure to get him coverage. He doesnt have much to lose if he loses the contest whereas its an all together a different ball game for Modi.
I wish Mr kejriwal had stuck to his responsibilities in the capital and gained more experience before jumping into the LS wagon.

With the multiple political parties in the fray the spectre of post result unholy alliances looms large. Without a clear majority the winning party could find itself in a very compromised situation.

Isnt there some way to restrict the number of parties that keep emerging? There should be only 2 or at the most 3 major ones at the national level.
charminggenie thumbnail
@Angie - Long time!!
Agree, they should restrict it to 2-3 parties but our constitution thinks since we are so distinct , regional parties are a good idea.

AK is all over social media. I was so amused when he went after the media people and for the whole day and another , he was all over internet, news channels etc. he plays them well.  Varanasi would be so interesting. 

ScorpionGunner thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-_Angie_

Whatever said and done you have to give it to the guy! Kejriwal sure knows how to garner media attention. Where parties have been doling out huge amounts for PR and image building Mr Kejriwal is getting free publicity. Hate him or love him ,but  there's no ignoring him 😆

His declaration to fight the elections directly against Modi in his chosen constituency was sure to get him coverage. He doesnt have much to lose if he loses the contest whereas its an all together a different ball game for Modi.
I wish Mr kejriwal had stuck to his responsibilities in the capital and gained more experience before jumping into the LS wagon.

With the multiple political parties in the fray the spectre of post result unholy alliances looms large. Without a clear majority the winning party could find itself in a very compromised situation.

Isnt there some way to restrict the number of parties that keep emerging? There should be only 2 or at the most 3 major ones at the national level.

Khujli is Marwadi first ... don't forget it !