Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mr.ass thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
lol have u seen the rahul youth congress ad? that pathetic girl sounds so fake!

reminds me of the advani ads in 2009, I used to laugh whenever I saw that old man pump his fist and that song used to play which sounded like the "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands" song. it did fail to impress, just like this one.

there was one more serious horrible bjp ad where they recite some poem chalo zara utho zara with angry men reciting lol.. showing an ewspaper clipping saying "advani to bring winds of change"  🤣
The ad. Now don't get me started on that; I mean, was the girl reciting a passage from a textbook or what? 🤪
Hamira or Sabira something; can't remember the name. Looks like they couldn't rope in a writer to come up with a decent script for the ad.
punk666 thumbnail
The latest ad not only looks painfully fake but the fact that they have a muslin girl do it shows how congress make their vote bank. On one hand they talk about moving ahead and development off all sorts and at the same time they use bad tactics to attract votes from a particular religion.
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

Game is simple. NaMo is leading and most prob will form the govt. I am interested in watching who joins his team when the final tally is announced. I would rather see AAP as his main opposition that Rahul who is leading the fall to the doom for Cong. Too much to ask? I just don't understand why is BJP getting so uneasy with that situation? Shouldn't it be happy that with AAP cutting down Cong votes, it's main opposition will loose face in LS polls.  

@Genie: Modi as of yet is keeping his agenda largely limited to and focussed on industry and economic development. That's what he needs to keep doing to stay on the right side of the Corporates among other things, methinks it will eventually pave his path to being issued a visa by the States. On Kashmir, expect him to reiterate the staunch nationalist stance of BJP, he can and should do little else there. Also, on the whole I'd expect a revised foreign policy with more teeth, unlike what it has been like under the Congress (Sibal brushing aside the beheading of soldiers in Kashmir in interviews).Edited by krystal_watz - 10 years ago
charminggenie thumbnail
@Krystal - Exactly ,on his own , he is doing a good job of keeping the narrative pretty much on economic development. Thats the key. But his party needs to low down on AAP and just focus on a positive campaign. The noises they make are usually more about AK than NaMo. Which is silly, with such an easy contest, they should go for the kill , if they want to achieve 272 seats. No negative campaign will win them . 
Generally speaking , except for the Agra Summit, NDA always had more meat in terms of Diplomatic stance. Cong always played it soft. Kashmir is so tricky , especially with the growing distrust for army and govt.  With Jaswant Singh too old , I wonder, who will Modi go for as Foreign Minister?

Sushma Swaraj?
And Kashmir will forever be a knot..It'll always come down to the demand for a plesbiscite, and the Shimla Agreement will have to be drawn out everytime.Edited by krystal_watz - 10 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I think due to the backlash against AAP, BJP is joining the bandwagon. The smart voter is turned off by negative tactics and wants a focus on issues. However, no matter what part of the world negative campaigning works in politics. People are easily swayed by who is bad and not good for them. In that sense BJP's attack on AAP may seem illogical and childish to many, but it is working with the masses.

Modi will get a visa to USA once he's elected irrespective of his platform. You simply cannot deny a leader of the world's largest democracy. India may not be a permanent security council member, but it is by no means insignificant.

I'm sure the new foreign policy will have a lot of bite. BJP is strongly nationalist and will not tolerate the slightest transgressions against India. However, I do hope they don't get too abrasive and balance their nationalism.

Kashmir will be tricky as always. The priority should be to gain the trust and compliance of locals, and that will be difficult.

charminggenie thumbnail
Sushma Swaraj will make a good minister, it would be unfortunate if she gets stuck with IB or some minor crap but I don't know if she is a good candidate for Foreign Affairs. Generally a non massy minister works better, someone who has not been too vocal about Foreign policy in public. I feel she is too documented for this role. I cannot think of one, this could be a tricky and interesting selection. 
Kashmir will remain unsolved as it serves political purpose to both countries. 
charminggenie thumbnail

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I think due to the backlash against AAP, BJP is joining the bandwagon. The smart voter is turned off by negative tactics and wants a focus on issues. However, no matter what part of the world negative campaigning works in politics. People are easily swayed by who is bad and not good for them. In that sense BJP's attack on AAP may seem illogical and childish to many, but it is working with the masses.

But masses liked the antics of AAP. Their vote percentage has increased. Views the local reaction on these raids.  General voter likes a vigilante, its the social media which was denouncing the AAP. The "class" vote might be debated but masses lapped up what AK sold. Social Media backlash could be felt right now and can spoil AAP's nation coverage but LS Polls are still far off, there is lot of time to recover. Right now AAP should lay low. If they can bring JAnLok Pal in 15 days , you would have another narrative.

Modi will get a visa to USA once he's elected irrespective of his platform. You simply cannot deny a leader of the world's largest democracy. India may not be a permanent security council member, but it is by no means insignificant.

It is not about his Visa , I am more interested in his policies for countering and exerting pressure in Afghanistan , now with troops pullout. The Iran pipeline and the Nuclear Deal. Especially when Terry is too focussed on Middle East.

I'm sure the new foreign policy will have a lot of bite. BJP is strongly nationalist and will not tolerate the slightest transgressions against India. However, I do hope they don't get too abrasive and balance their nationalism.

Honestly, if I read Modi's individual campaign, he is steering clear of the basic BJP ideology. Which I like but I do share your doubt about how long that lasts.

Kashmir will be tricky as always. The priority should be to gain the trust and compliance of locals, and that will be difficult.

Locals for now remain too disheartened and indifferent to anything Indian govt. might attempt.