|| GOTW: "Do You Know....?" || - Page 9

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

That is a coincidence, lol. What was the show Savitri about?

It was about reincarnation. Starts off with Raajkumari  Damyanti who was a warrior princess and Senapati Veer in love. Rahukaal the devil incarnate falls in love with Damu. Once he finds out she loves Veer he kills Veer. Damu and Veer vow to meet again in another life. 1000 years later they do as Savitri and Satya. Story goes goes into past with flashbacks. Then it had a revamp for TRPs where the story goes back 1000 years with a change in male lead, Ashish Kapoor. Basically Ridhi played two characters with four different personalities. Two Savitri's and two Damyanti's. I enjoyed the show, but it depends on each individual but Ridhi was awesome.
Originally posted by FIZK6

It was about reincarnation. Starts off with Raajkumari  Damyanti who was a warrior princess and Senapati Veer in love. Rahukaal the devil incarnate falls in love with Damu. Once he finds out she loves Veer he kills Veer. Damu and Veer vow to meet again in another life. 1000 years later they do as Savitri and Satya. Story goes goes into past with flashbacks. Then it had a revamp for TRPs where the story goes back 1000 years with a change in male lead, Ashish Kapoor. Basically Ridhi played two characters with four different personalities. Two Savitri's and two Damyanti's. I enjoyed the show, but it depends on each individual but Ridhi was awesome.

Sounds cool, I caught a few episodes once but did not understand the story as it was already in the middle. Was it a fictional or historical show?

I thought you were talking about Damayanti, Nala's wife from the Mahabharat. This seems to be a different Damayanthi right?
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Sounds cool, I caught a few episodes once but did not understand the story as it was already in the middle. Was it a fictional or historical show?

I thought you were talking about Damayanti, Nala's wife from the Mahabharat. This seems to be a different Damayanthi right?

Sorry dont know the story of the Damyanti from MB. Savitri was fictional but Savitri saving her husband Satya  from the cluthches of death in this case RK was obviously taken from the historical Savitri and Satyavaan but in modern day. Yes this is a fictional Damyanti.
Originally posted by FIZK6

Sorry dont know the story of the Damyanti from MB. Savitri was fictional but Savitri saving her husband Satya  from the cluthches of death in this case RK was obviously taken from the historical Savitri and Satyavaan but in modern day. Yes this is a fictional Damyanti.

I see, I guess this show was based off of Savitri and Sayavan's story from the puranas.
Yes Janaki except here Satya wasnt dead. 
next question
who was playing mumtaz and rajesh khanna in one of the acts?
Originally posted by Anvijanya

next question
who was playing mumtaz and rajesh khanna in one of the acts?
gurmeet debina
name of raju's children
🤢 ohhh i really really dont know

gurmeet debina
name of raju's children

Antara and Ayushmaan. 

Which two iconic personalities of Indian Cinema did Rithvik and Asha play? 

Edited by ilovepr - 10 years ago
Shammi kapoor and helen..
amrapali's character name in qh?