Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

This is what you call a Stardom - Page 2

bonnefille thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Sophz

But that's not the industry's fault it's the audience. If they were keen on seeing older actresses filmmakers would make it happen.

People still get excited about Madhuri's films. English Vinglish was also loved by the audience. If films are made with them, why will it not have an audience. Even if we agree that audience is at fault, one cannot take the blame away from the industry. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Sophz

When Sridev, Madhuri, and Juhi were on top they were on top!

Then when Kajol, Karishma, Aishwarya were on top these guys were still on top

Then came Preity, Rani, Kareena they were still at the top

Now it's Katrina, Deepika, Priyanka These guys are still there on Top ðŸ˜†

Who do you think will be romancing the khans when these 3 retire? Because we know they have to retire in the next 5 years.

Parineeti? Alia? Shraddha?

Sridevi retire before madhuri. Madhuri was top till 2003 or 2002 

Aish was top with preity rani. Not kajol karishma, kajol retire after kabhi khushi kabhi gham and karishma I guess even before that, aish was there till jodha Akbar which is 2008. Ash even retire after preity and rani. Kareena is still coming and going strong. Deepika priyanka came way before deepika.

Deepika sonakshi anushka I guess these actresses still have a lot of time 
Edited by SaraluvRaghaVI - 10 years ago
Nostalgia-02 thumbnail
I think Salman suits romancing young actresses, but SRK dosent, he looks odd with em!! Just my opinion!! 😆
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Amitabh Bachchan started in the 60s. He's still here getting lead roles like in cheeni kam, satyagrah. ðŸ˜†
MissChievous thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
It's not stardom. It's called being part of a male-dominated industry that likes to recycle it's ghisa pita heroes yet throw away talented actresses once they hit 30. Some of the lucky ones get to play the hero's mom or sister. For example, Tabu playing Salman's sister in Jai Ho even though she is six years younger than him and a million times more talented. Go figure🤔
Sophz thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: MissChievous

It's not stardom. It's called being part of a male-dominated industry that likes to recycle it's ghisa pita heroes yet throw away talented actresses once they hit 30. Some of the lucky ones get to play the hero's mom or sister. For example, Tabu playing Salman's sister in Jai Ho even though she is six years younger than him and a million times more talented. Go figure🤔

Is not like she's playing his mother! she is playing his sister what's wrong with that? I'm sure she is playing his younger sister not older.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: MissChievous

<font size="2" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">It's not stardom. It's called being part of a male-dominated industry that likes to recycle it's ghisa pitaheroes yet throw away talented actresses once they hit 30. Some of the lucky ones get to play the hero's mom or sister. For example, Tabu playing Salman's sister in Jai Ho even though she is six years younger than him and a million times more talented. Go figure🤔</font>

what's the use of blaming the film industry when its the audience who wants to see the Khans...BW caters to the demands of the audience...Lets make movies like Aaja Nach le a blockbuster and then we will see more of Madhuri...Shahrukh, Salman and Aamir all just gave 200 cr blockbusters...How do u expect the producers to drop these money minting stars like hot potatoes and go for the actresses whose movies barely make money??
grounder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
ya .. let's get ready for Nishabd part 2, 3, 4...
BollyBoy thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I hope they retire in 2015... all three of them... but my gut tells me they're not going anywhere until 2020...
Amara_B thumbnail
When Deepika Kat and Priyanka are done, the Khans will be playing father roles, or non-father age-appropriate roles. If they're still playing 20-30 year olds when they're pushing 60, and romancing 20 year old girls then that is truly shameful.

I already find some of their pairings with the younger actresses uncomfortable. For instance when OSO came out and Deepika spoke about how she loved DDLJ (or something along those lines) when she was ten. Lol I was like omg she's just a child and SRK is old. It seemed akward. Same with Salman and that girl in Lucky. Also Saif and Diana Penty, Aamir has actually been ok so far.
Edited by Amara_B - 10 years ago