Users

Frequent Posters

Minion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Censor Board mutes saala, haramzada from Detective Byomkesh Bakshy

3:00 PM

Posted by Fenil Seta

The detective flick Detective Byomkesh Bakshy has been awarded a U/A certificate by the Censor Board. The following changes were made in the film, as asked by the Board:
1. The word 'saala' was muted thrice
2. The word 'bas***d' was muted twice
3. The bare back scene was diluted
4. The word 'f**king' was muted in the voiceover
5. The word 'f**kers' was muted in the background
6. The word 'haramzada' was deleted and replaced with approved word 'kamina'
7. The word 'haramzada' was deleted and replaced with approved words 'kamina girgit'
8. The word 'haramzada' was deleted and replaced with approved words 'gaddar kamine'
9. The word 'f**king' was muted in song no 4
10. The word 'rakhail' was deleted and replaced with approved word 'mashooka'
11. The eye stabbing scene was diluted 

The duration of the film is 150 minutes. The film releases on April 3, 2015

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Music Review: Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!

Thursday, 26 March 2015 - 9:07pm IST | Agency: dna webdesk
The album dares to bring indie bands to mainstream and succeeds to a great extent. The bold move by Dibaker Banerjee might just pay off!

AlbumDetective Byomkesh Bakshy!

Director: Dibaker Banerjee

Music Director: Madboy/Mink, Sneha Khanwalkar, Dibaker Banerjee, Blek, Peter Cat Recording Co. (PCRC), Joint Family, IJA

Lyricist: Madboy/Mink, Sneha Khanwalkar, Dibaker Banerjee, Rishi Bradoo, Sandeep Madhavan, Akshay De, IJA

Ratings: ***1/2

From the house of Yash Raj Films here comes another film that brings back the nostalgia of bygone eras like Dum Laga Ke Haisha did for the 90s. Again after NH 10, Bollywoodmusic has dared to take the path of indie bands instead of the routine chartbusting musical composers. This time the gamble might just pay off for Dibaker Banerjee.

The collaborative effort that is Detective Byomkesh Bakshi! soundtrack comes with handpicked composers like Madboy/Mink, Peter Cat Recording Co. (PCRC), IJA, Joint Family, and Sneha Khanwalkar. Out of this rag-tag band of, well bands, only Sneha Khanwalkar is a well-known face. This means that the rest may have been waiting for a chance at the massive platform that Bollywood provides and have managed to make most of it.

Detective Byomkesh Bakshi! is set in contemporary Kolkata of 1940s where a young college graduate is pitted against a genius mind hell-bent on destroying the world. The album takes you through this chase of evil very well.  It gives modern touch to the old  world charm of Kolkata.

Calcutta Kiss - This one is 20s flapper number. Composed by Madboy/Mink, the song uses Spanish guitars and drums to accompany piano to give you that jazzy zing. It's a far cry from other 'Jazz' numbers set in Kolkata. (Remember 'Kaisi Paheli Zindagani' fromParineeta?) Sung by Imaad Shah and Saba Azad, the song has lyrics by the composers Madboy/Mink themselves. One of the brightest song in the album where Saba Azad's voice feels fresh.

Bach Ke Bakshy - The best thing I liked about this one is the use of rapping. At least for me, this is the first time I heard no-nonsense rap in Bollywood music. Smokey the Ghosht and Craz Professa have nailed it. Sneha Khanwalker is at her best and doesn't hold back with the tempo. This is the song in which takes you through the plot of the movie. A good thing Dibaker Banerjee opted for rap otherwise would have been a very long song.  The song is the second most enjoyable after 'Calcutta Kiss'.

Byomkesh In Love - Some marvellous beats from Blek invite you into this romantic ballad. Semi-classical hook by Usri Banerjee is a perfect compliment to Rishi Bradoo's breezy singing. After 'Calcutta Kiss', 'Byomkesh in love' is an odd number that you want to keep on humming. Blek, a band from Malad in Mumbai, presents you with a heady cocktail of drums and guitar and all you want to do is keep the tab open.

Jaanam - This one could be the bitter one in an otherwise exciting goodie bag. Lyrics by Suryakant Sawhney are good but vocals and music by Peter Cat Recording Co. (PCRC) feel a little chaotic. Use of violins, accordion, and the piano reminds you of something you might hear in a 1950's carnival scene in an old Hollywood movie. 

Chase in Chinatown - Mode.AKA bring you a perfect chase song. The steady bass lays sound ground for the heavy vocals of Vyshnav Balasubramaniam, Sandeep Madhavan, and Manas Ullas. It is dark, it has urgency, and it has high-octane voices. What else would you need to chase someone through Chinatown?

Life's a Bitch - A keen observer will see that the album is building towards noir. After absolute rock number now we have heavy metal on our hands. Joint Family doesn't hold back on drums and guitar. Akshay De's gritty voice will force you to bang your head the way you might do at a Metallica concert. 

Yang Guang Lives - Detectives work around mysteries. IJA's husky, whispered voice enhances that mystery in the song. It's mostly an instrumental song with hushed whispers. The song slowly builds this up with percussion beats and electronic tunes. You don't want to miss this one.

Verdict - This album is a radical move in the Bollywood music scene and does not fail to impress. We might soon see the names in this album become popular. If you want to challenge your palette and go the way of exciting, you just cannot miss the Detective Byomkesh Bakshi! tracks. As the film says, 'expect the unexpected' and trust me you won't be disappointed.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/review-music-review-detective-byomkesh-bakshy-2072192

Minion23 thumbnail

"I will never wear a saree"

Detective Byomkesh Bakshy a.ka. Sushant Singh Rajput was in the house today to launch Noir 43,  a line of smart casuals inspired by Yash Raj Film's forthcoming film Byomkesh Bakshi, releasing on April 3.  Looking ultra edgy and #badass in a camo printed shirt and harem pants, with his hair tied back in a cute ponytail, Sushant was in "sleuth" mode all afternoon at the VIP lounge at AIFW.  The actor took over the AIFW official Twitter handle and answered queries from his fans on everything ranging from fashion to films and more. And post that, there was a fun fashion chat! Excerpts from the chat.   

Safe to assume that the camo shirt you are wearing is your favoutite piece from the Noir 43 collection available exclusively on amazon.in?

Yes. Also the cargos. I just can't take my eyes off them. The collection is a mix and match of so many things and so cool and make it easy, casual, contemporary.

How was it like wearing period costumes for the film?

Everything was different; 1940s was a completely diferent world when I started out. But it took me around 3 to 4 weeks to get a hang of it. The style was very stylish, edgy, noir and comfortable.

Got any style icon?

There are many. George Clooney, Ryan Gosling, Carey Grant, Brad Pitt. They look so cool and confident and can carry off anything because they are so sure of what they are doing. They are effortless. 

One cool thing about being Byomkesh?

He's so cerebral;  He actually is intelligent and is so sure about it. 

Is there something you will never ever wear?

I am open to all kinds of outfits in films, but off camera, I won't ever wear a saree.

A grooming trend you like?

The ponytail right now.

A fashion mistake you are yet to get over?

I have been lucky enough not to have committed a faux pas.

Favoruite designers/brands?

Troy costa,  Ermengildo Zegna.

Accessories you love?

Cool, colourful watches and shoes. I have more than 40 pairs of shoes. 

Favorite red carpet look?

Nice tux, slim white shirt and a nice pair of shoes. 

Favourite cologne?

Bleu by Chanel. 

Style advise to fans?

Keep it simple and comfortable. That works for me. If I am comfortable in something, I don't care what it looks like. Don't try and do thigs you don't believe in simply because it feels stylish.

- See more at: http://www.stylediaries.in/2015/03/i-will-never-wear-a-saree.html#sthash.mAnxsD7v.dpuf

ProudSushantian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Priyanka Khatri @priyankakhatri

@itsSSR visiting old world #delhistation @byomkeshbakshy

ProudSushantian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Couching with #DetectiveByomkeshBakshy

Updated 5 hours ago
Catch the episode this weekend : 9:30 pm on Saturday & 11:30 am; 11:30 pm on Sunday only on Headlines Today!

Palak_Paneer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! to Have New Legendary Villain: Director

Byomkesh Bakshy

A still from Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!.

"THE VILLAIN IN THIS FILM IS SUCH A CHARACTER, WHO IS ON THE SAME LEVEL AS BYOMKESH," SAID DIBAKAR BANERJEE

Filmmaker Dibakar Banerjee said that a new legendary villain will emerge out of his crime drama film Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!.

Dibakar said, "The villain in this film is such a character, who is on the same level as Byomkesh. Byomkesh respects the villain because he knows that he is very dangerous. The audience will see a new legendary villain in this film. I am satisfied looking at the actor's performance in this film." (Also Read - Byomkesh Bakshy's Masked Moriarty: Meet the Detective's Nemesis)

The actor, who is playing the villain in Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!, has been kept under wraps, while Sushant Singh Rajput plays the iconic detective in the film, which is releasing on April 3.

Dibakar also said that he had approached Aamir Khan to play the villain's role in this film.

"I had met Aamir to play the villain's role for this film, but at the same time he had signed Dhoom:3, that's why he didn't do this film. Films have their own destiny."
majoni03 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahmxMgnS2lQ[/YOUTUBE]
I was going to say, "this guy's description reminds me of Moriarty", and then I saw that he's already been compared to Moriarty. 😆
Minion23 thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlGY--i4mQo[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHKjpO_ZG8s[/YOUTUBE]
Minion23 thumbnail
Originally posted by: vision22

Sushant Singh Rajput

<strong>Handsome! Hunk! Heartthrob! And Down-To-Earth! 

These are the most likely feelings and emotions that one goes through when they see Sushant Singh Rajput; the rising star of Bollywood.The Shudh Desi Romance fame actor, was spotted at the on-going Amazon India Fashion Week to launch NOIR 45, a clothing collection inspired by his to be released movie- Detective Byomkesh Bakshy

I got a chance to have a brief chat with him and trust me when I say it peeps... he is every bit of HANDSOMEEE that I have ever imagined him to be.

Here are the excerpts!

YCL: How has your journey been from being a model to an actor?
SSR:
 My journey from working as a TV actor to becoming a part of Bollywood has been amazing. It actually is true to the saying living your dream.'
In my college days when I was in Delhi, I used to hang out with my friends and hang around in Connaught place. I would dream of becoming an actor someday, and now this is ACTUALLY happening! I'm here... I am living it and it's unbelievable!

YC: And how did it all begun?
SSR: 
It all started to happen when I was in college. It's during that period I started performing in college and did theatres which I think has helped me a lot in becoming a better actor. Initially I was a very shy person who would hardly speak to anyone. I used to find it very hard to express my emotions. But the moment I got into theatres and acting in college and started performing this art, I knew this is what I wanted to be. 

YC: How was your experience with the perfectionist, Mr. Amir Khan in PK?
SSR: 
It was really good! Whoever I have worked with has been my idol... be it Rajkumar Hirani or Amir Khan. You get to learn so much from them and from their experience. Working with them has made me a better actor over the period of time. 

YC: Moving away from acting, let's talk about fashion for a bit. How about sharing your style statement with our readers?
SSR:
 I feel whatever you wear, you should feel comfortable in it and eventually you'll end-up looking perfect. In my upcoming movie NOIR 43 we are wearing clothes inspired by the clothing during 1940's, which in itself, is a very different feeling to endure and represent on screen. But, I think people would like the looks, as they are different and stylish. 

YC: What are the 5 essentials that you always carry with you?
SSR:
 I always carry my phone, wallet, ipad, PSP and my shades. 

Team StykeRug With Sushant

YC:Tell us something about your upcoming movie "Detective Byomkesh Bakshy"?
SSR:
 Working in NOIR 43 was a very different experience. The story revolves around World War II and I think this script has brought out the best from me. Also I think I am looking really hot and sexy, (laughs), so all the girls out there should go and watch NOIR 43.
HOT! That he certainly is! And for the movie... well.. hope no girl faints in the cinema theatres.. but even if some of you do... anything for this hunk.. right?

Words : Yashna Chopra
Pictures: Ansab Khan