Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Detective Byomkesh Bakshy Updates: IN CINEMAS NOW! - Page 65

Minion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88vWbw3O18g[/YOUTUBE] Edited by SushitaLover23 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minion23 thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljrJfEZ7I9E[/YOUTUBE]
Minion23 thumbnail

Sushant Singh Rajput promotes Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!'

Sushant Singh Rajput was clicked promoting his forthcoming movie Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!' at the Radio Mirchi studio in Mumbai recently.

The actor was sporting a look from his upcoming movie on Mahendra Singh Dhoni. He was wearing an off-white t-shirt with red dhoti pants.

Directed by Dibakar Banerjee, Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!' is based on the fictional detective Byomkesh Bakshi created by the Bengali writer Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay. It also features Anand Tiwari, Swastika Mukherjee and Meiyang Chang. The crime thriller will hit the screens on April 3.

Minion23 thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da3J9jx7QQQ[/YOUTUBE] Edited by SushitaLover23 - 9 years ago
majoni03 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Priyanka Khatri @priyankakhatri

@itsSSR checking out @byomkeshbakshy noir 43 @amazonIN fashion

FDCI @TheFDCI

Join the twitter chat with Byomkesh Bakshy aka @itsSSR at #AIFWAW15. Bring in your questions tweeple. @AIFW_Official

majoni03 thumbnail

Sushant launches 'Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!' fashion line

IANS India Private Limited/Yahoo India NewsBy Nivedita | IANS India Private Limited/Yahoo India News - 41 minutes ago

New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) Dibakar Banerjee and Sushant Singh Rajput, the director and actor respectively of Bollywood film "Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!" on Thursday launched an apparel line titled NOIR 43, inspired by the forthcoming crime thriller, at the Amazon India Fashion Week (AIFW). Sushant said he won't mind creating his own fashion line someday.

While launching the collection at Amazon lounge at Pragati Maidan here, when IANS asked him about the plans to take this association further and whether he would like to open his own fashion line in future, he said: "Till now I haven't thought of it. But I would love to do that one day. Why not?"

And what about his personal style statement?

"I have a sense of fashion, but I don't know what to do of it. I prefer wearing anything which I am comfortable in but it has to be comfortable and casual," he told IANS as he gave a sneak peek into what's in store in NOIR 43.

Since "Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!" is set against the backdrop of Kolkata during World War II in 1943, various elements from the film have influenced the fashion line of contemporary clothing. The collection will be exclusively available on Amazon.in.

To highlight the collection, Banerjee has, for the first time in India created a fashion film that was released at the Amazon.in Lounge on Thursday.

The menswear line is inspired by military uniforms and the imagery of Kolkata in that period. The collection is dominated by blacks and dark earthy hues, giving a vintage "lived-in" look.

The collection gives the dhoti a new interpretation of slouchy draped knit-pants, while the digitally printed shirts and t-shirts reflect the mood portrayed in the film.

The womenswear line reflects the glamour of the 1940s and has a chic and sophisticated take on midi-length skirts, palazzos and Peter Pan-collared blouses.

The collection will soon be available at Amazon.in.

majoni03 thumbnail

On the success prowl

Sushant Singh Rajput is confident his Detective Byomkesh Bakshy act will provide the right thrills. Filmfare believes the same
More on: Filmfare, Sushant Singh Rajput, Detective Byomkesh Bakshy

Written By
Raghuvendra Singh
Written By Raghuvendra Singh
Features Writer & Copy Editor (Hindi)
Posted Thu, Mar 26, 2015
Rate Story
Rated
Rate
Share This Story

On the success prowl
How did you prepare to play the fictional character - Detective Byomkesh Bakshy?

It took me four-five months to prepare. I wanted to understand the feel of the Kolkata of the 1940s. Those days the Japanese, British and Americans frequented the city. It was the second most important city for the British after London. Since 1911, it was the capital of India. It had an international army. I read all the stories, which writer Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay had written about Byomkesh. I visited Kolkata and tried to grasp the sensibilities, mindset and nuances of the people. I watched several Bengali movies released during the '40s and '50s to get the feel of the era.

Is Dibakar Banerjee a tough director?

No. In fact, he's the easiest director to work with. He has absolute clarity because he had researched on Byomkesh Bakshy, his subject. He gives space to his actors and encourages them to come up with suggestions and improvisations. He doesn't force you to do anything. He allows you to think and then gently holds your hand and leads you to where he wants you to reach.

What was the best compliment that Dibakar paid you?

Dibakar said that whenever he sat for editing he felt he was watching the film through Byomkesh's eyes. If you have convinced the audience that you are Byomkesh and Byomkesh is you, you're on the right track.

Is this true that you switch off your mobile and cut off from social interaction to prepare for every character you play?

It's very necessary to cut off from the world because the first step for an actor is to clean his slate before he writes something new. Not using a mobile was something precise because this convenience was not available to people in the 1940s. Neither was there Internet, mineral water or fancy cars. I stayed away from all this to play my character convincingly. It was my choice but I knew Dibakar too wanted me to do all this.

Did this no phone interaction' rule apply for your girlfriend Ankita Lokhande as well?

I had promised Ankita that after pack-up, every night when I returned to the hotel, I would call her from the landline and share the day's happenings. Ankita has that kind of patience. I'm extremely thankful to her.

When are you two getting married?

(Laughs) I'm saving money because Ankita wants an elaborate wedding. That's why I have to do lot of films before we marry.

You do only a film in a year. How will you collect that kind of money?

No, this year I have signed three films - the biopic on MS Dhoni, Pani and a film with Homi Adajania tentatively titled Rabta . One of the reasons for doing them is our impending marriage. Also, I have endorsed three brands this year.

Have you always enjoyed cricket?

My sister, Mitu Singh, used to be a professional cricketer at the national level. She is my inspiration and the reason why I love this sport.

You recently met Shah Rukh Khan. What kind of conversation did you two share?

Shah Rukh Khan said that he had been watching my work closely. He liked the trailer of Detective Byomkesh Bakshy (DBB). He believes I'm one of the promising actors. That meant a lot. I told him that I have always been his fan. When I first met him on the set of a film, I tried to get his autograph but I couldn't. The second time I met him, I was dancing behind him amongst the group dancers. The third time I met him was when I went to promote my film on his show.

You must have interacted with Aamir Khan during PK. What difference did you find between the two?

Everyone is different and everyone's style of working is different too. One thing common is that they have been superstars for decades and are passionate about their work.

What was the toughest period in your career?

It was said that TV actors couldn't make it in films. Even I began believing that. I was nervous till I gave my first shot for Kai Po Che. And when it finally hit the screens was perhaps my happiest moment.

After three back to back hits- Kai Po Che, Shuddh Desi Romance and PK, are you confident that DBB will also hit the bulls' eye?

I am only confident about one thing - whoever watches the film, will love it. If you put your heart in your work, then you're sure it will connect with the audience.

TWITTER TATTLE

You are the only current TV star who has made it successfully in movies? What's your x-factor? @prashan411

I don't think I'm the only TV actor... Shah Rukh Khan, Vidya Balan, Ayushmann Khurrana... all first did television. An actor doesn't work for a particular medium, it's your character and how you play it convincingly that matters.

From the current leading actresses with whom would you like to share the screen? @mayusushita

Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt, Shraddha Kapoor, Jacqueline Fernandez...

Will you ever do a masala entertainer? @ksnehal810

Of course, I'm open to it. As long as it makes some sort of sense to me.

Are you going to direct a movie in future? In which genre and who would you cast? @lunza_anuma

I have not thought about it. But everything related to filmmaking, be it editing, cinematography, direction... fascinate me. So I might direct. I'll think about the actors later. I might act too. (Laughs) So you never know.

You are a fabulous dancer. Why don't you perform at award shows? @mayusushita

Because when all the awards were happening I was shooting for Detective Byomkesh Bakshy. And I'm an actor first.
majoni03 thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKb4JR0ASBM&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Minion23 thumbnail
Geeta sharma @IamGeetaSharma  

It was nice meeting Sushant in PVR, Sangam @itsSSR

Sushant S Rajput
Minion23 thumbnail

Sushant unveils Detective Byomkesh Bakshy' inspired apparel line

Actor Sushant Singh Rajput gave a sneak peek into a fashion apparel line inspired by the upcoming movie Detective Byomkesh Bakshy. 

Director Dibakar Banerjee has for the first time in India created a fashion film that was released at the Amazon.in lounge today and can be viewed on the NOIR 43 store. 

Detective Byomkesh Bakshy' is set against the backdrop of Kolkata during World War - II in 1943 and various elements from the film have influenced this line of contemporary clothing.

Sushant Singh Rajput sported a similar look at the launch.

CREDITS: PINKVILLA