Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Detective Byomkesh Bakshy Updates: IN CINEMAS NOW! (Page 55)

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 28 February 2015 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Sushant looks so much better in this neat pony tailed look. I hope he promotes DBB in this look only. Ideally I was hoping they finish shooting for the part of MS Dhoni where those locks are required by the time full fledged promotions of DBB begin, but oh well. 
Nice to see something or the other going on with DBB, even if the focus of YRF has been DLKH for a couple of days. I hope they promote it in a full fledged manner soon, with TV air time and all, their side promotions seem to have already begin *cough* blinds *cough* Hmph. 
Waiting for Sushant to come on SRK's show.

Edited by nikitagmc - 28 February 2015 at 1:32pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ChannaMereya

Minion23 IF-Sizzlerz
Minion23
Minion23

Posted: 01 March 2015 at 7:55pm | IP Logged

Jack of Many Trades

By Rajitha S

Published: 02nd March 2015 06:09 AM

Last Updated: 02nd March 2015 06:09 AM

Email1

The first Indian detective television series Byomkesh Bakshi that aired in the year 1993 was in a much simpler setting, with simple characters, plots and locations. But Dibakar Banerjee's Detective Byomkesh Bakshy, starring Sushant Singh Rajput is a modern take on the subject where audience should only expect the unexpected', says Meiyang Chang. The actor, singer, dentist and television host, is for the first time playing an Indo-Chinese character, same as his ethnicity. 

"I cannot reveal much about the character. The film is set in the 1943 China Town of Calcutta and it is an important character in the film," shares Chang. A fan of actor Rajat Kapoor (who played Byomkesh Bakshi on Doordarshan), Chang says that the film is a lot different from the televsion series and  audience have a lot more to look forward to. "It has been adapted to the evolving tastes of the audience. It is set on a much bigger scale - politics, ethnicities, technology, all of these play a major role in the film," he explains. 

With Dibakar Banerjee, who has given us films like Khosla ka Ghosla, Oye Lucky!Lucky Oye and Love Sex Aur Dhokha, it is clear that the audience can keep their expectactions high. 

Chang also reveals that working with Dibakar has been one great experience. "There is absolutely no chaos when he is on the set. Everything is well thought of. Even if there is a calamity, he handles it with ease," shares the actor. 

But the most appreciative quality in the director, Chang says, is that he will only guide but never spoon feed. "There were so many non actors on the sets. They were there, going about their jobs just because they fit the scene and the back drop. He would just tell all of them what they need to do, but never how to do it," he adds. 

Apart from this, his attention to detail is commendable. "A lot of preparation went into getting the finer details right. There is no compromise," he says.  

He will be sharing screen with Sushant Singh Rajput and Chang observes that he has grown leaps and bounds as an actor. "We were pitted against each other in the reality show Jhalak Dihkhla Ja. I have known him since then as a brilliant dancer and also an actor who is passionate about his work. It was fun to work in the same team for the film," he appreciates.  

Chang, who set foot into the industry as a participant on a reality show is back again in that territory, only in a different avatar. He is one of the contestants on Khatron Ke Khiladi. "I would like to call myself a lazy adventurer. I wouldn't go on a planned one unless I am on a holiday. My work has fortunately taken me places and I have had my share of adventures," he says and laughs that if he is getting paid to do something new then why not?

Ask him if he misses being a doctor and he responds after a short pause. "I used to like the non-chaotic atmosphere. But not anymore. Even if I go back to the profession, it will be at the administrative level, not to practise medicine," he says. 

The 32-year-old likes acting and singing the most among all the things he has tried. "Singing is a part of me. I want to pursue acting because it is something that happened to me by chance," he shares. Apart from this, Chang also likes writing and blogs at buddhasoliloques.blogspot.in. He also likes sketching cartoons and photography.

Detective Byomskesh Bakshy is set to hit theatres on April 3. 

Minion23 IF-Sizzlerz
Minion23
Minion23

Posted: 01 March 2015 at 10:43pm | IP Logged

The Calcutta detective is upfront and scares you till death, if needed.

Embedded image permalink

nikitagmc

Minion23 IF-Sizzlerz
Minion23
Minion23

Posted: 04 March 2015 at 12:39am | IP Logged
The website has been updated with new goodies! Do check it out guys! Big smile Super cool stuff!
Minion23 IF-Sizzlerz
Minion23
Minion23

Posted: 04 March 2015 at 12:43am | IP Logged
From the official website

The brave and adventurous young gentleman who according to our predictions will soon be the pride of Bengal and all India has brought a sensational murder and blackmail to the public eye! 

Right under the snoring noses of Calcutta's finest in Deputy Commissioner Mr. R. C. Wilkie's Detective Department, he has unearthed a diabolical crime by finding the dead body of Mr. B Banerjee, a resident of Mahamaya Boarding Lodge, 66, Harisadhan Street! His commanding height, hooked nose, steel-like biceps, the jaunty moustache, the piercing gaze, the deep booming voice - they all promise one thing - a bloody, depraved crime - and its swift, brilliant solution!

The Royal Bengal Detective met him at the Medical College Morgue this afternoon to know what makes Shri Byomkesh Bakshy India's own Sherlock Holmes! 

Remember! You read it here first!

Tell us something about yourself.
I can read upside down. And I can read the rubbish you are writing about me and my biceps and my moustache-

I'm only profiling you as India's Sherlock Holmes!
Only a cretin can profile a living man as a fictional character.

What's a cretin?
Look it up in the pocket dictionary. It's peeping from your jhola.

What made you want to be a detective?
I'm not a detective.

Then why try and solve a crime?
It's not the crime. It's the truth that is hidden behind the crime that interests me. The truth is everything. 

Are you married?
Are you an imbecile?

What's an im-
(Very angry) Me no dictionary, see? Thing in your jhola is dictionary! You read thing in jhola okay? You no ask man standing in front stupid questions!

Why are you talking like this?
Forget it. Tell me what do you want to write and I'll repeat it so you can write it down.

Who is that young man crying over there?
The dead body's son. I mean the guy whose body I found his son.

Why don't you go work with the police?
It's a case of murder, what has police got to do with it?

Why are you so angry?
Because a simple two-day case like the Bosepukur Murders drags for two months. Because in spite of my insisting that a murder has happened because a Paan Box is left behind - no one wants to believe it.
Because no one wants to know the truth. They say they want to. But the moment I tell them that they don't want to know it any more. It's frustrating!

You know something about the Bosepukur Case?
Not something. Everything. I have solved it.

Brilliant! How? 
I read the newspapers. Went there after the police left. Asked some questions. Heard some singing. Then I thought.

You thought?
Yes

And then?
What then? That's it. I cracked it. 

Cracked it how? You shadowed the suspects? Sneaked into the house to find clues? Tapped the phone of the household? How the hell did you crack it?
(Starts getting angry again, taps his forehead and speaks in that funny language again). By thinking see? Thinkee thinkee? Use head? This head? If you have head onyour shoulders you think? If you have dried coconut instead you ask silly questions for silly magazines? Understanding?

Bosepukur Murders?
Every night, the domestic help in the house used to go out after dinner, sit with his country cousins across the road and sing till late into the night. The night of the murder there was no singing. It was quiet. Why?

Have you brought this up with the police? It could help them.
I don't help anyone. It's a wasted effort. People don't want help that helps. They want a lullaby to sleep.

Do you watch movies?
Do you always ask such stupid questions?

But I am sure you follow stars like Anguri Devi. I mean do you follow her on Twitter? You know she ranks no. 4 In the list of Top Twitter accounts of 1943, right after Hitler, Mussolini & Churchill?
Is that potato fries you eating?

Yes. My mother packed them in the jhola.
I like your investigative approach.

You like potato fries?
Sure. I can smell Ram Khelawan's Kachori on your breath. I guess you won't be eating these, right? 
Here. Go ahead.

The correspondent gives Mr. Bakshy the fries. At this Mr. Bakshy calms down visibly. And leaves in a hurry asking us where he would find Mr. Gajanan Sikdar, political leader from Amar Bangaal Party and the owner of the Sikdar Chemical Works factory. On our suggesting he pose for a photo, he finds his bad temper back again and refuses to smile for the camera.

Edited by SushitaLover23 - 04 March 2015 at 12:52am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ProudSushantiannikitagmc

ProudSushantian IF-Sizzlerz
ProudSushantian
ProudSushantian

Posted: 04 March 2015 at 2:29am | IP Logged
Thanks Anu for sharing the article & pics Smile

Day Dreaming
KhanSinghKumar IF-Rockerz
KhanSinghKumar
KhanSinghKumar

Posted: 04 March 2015 at 3:54am | IP Logged
how is the promotion going?  i don't hear much..Ermm...
i want this movie to work ...hope it's not doomed by yrf promotion laziness
ChannaMereya IF-Stunnerz
ChannaMereya
ChannaMereya

Posted: 04 March 2015 at 4:22am | IP Logged
S^^^Thy  havent  started  with  promotions  on  full  scale  but  SSR  has  made  appearance  in  IPSSK  and  one  coll ege  event  They are  gearing  up  I  think but trailor on tv isnt much frequent guessthey will start .Also songs  need  to be  released  with  video

KhanSinghKumar

Go to top