Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Detective Byomkesh Bakshy Updates: IN CINEMAS NOW! (Page 104)

ProudSushantian IF-Sizzlerz
ProudSushantian
ProudSushantian

Posted: 04 April 2015 at 4:41am | IP Logged
Byomkesh Bakshy @byomkeshbakshy 4h4 hours ago

Watch #DBB with the fabulous #DIDSuperMoms. Don't miss the grand premiere tonight on @ZeeTV at 9 PM.

Embedded image permalink

Minion23 IF-Sizzlerz
Minion23
Minion23

Posted: 04 April 2015 at 10:43am | IP Logged

part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6

Minion23 IF-Sizzlerz
Minion23
Minion23

Posted: 04 April 2015 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Minion23 IF-Sizzlerz
Minion23
Minion23

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fatima_Q

Minion23 IF-Sizzlerz
Minion23
Minion23

Minion23 IF-Sizzlerz
Minion23
Minion23

Posted: 04 April 2015 at 8:48pm | IP Logged

Meet Kolkata's 'notun' Byomkesh

Sunday, 5 April 2015 - 7:00am IST | Place: Mumbai | Agency: dna | From the print edition 

Sushant Singh Rajput talks to Nayandeep Rakshit about what makes Detective Byomkesh Bakshy different from other Byomkesh adaptations
  • Sushant Singh Rajput  Arjun Mark

Background dancer, theatre artiste, TV actor and Bollywood heartthrob - that's the multi-faceted Sushant Singh Rajput. Two years and three films later, Sushant is ready to take the big leap with Dibakar Banerjee's Detective Byomkesh Bakshy (DBB), the iconic character from Bengali fiction.

Playing the title role in the Yash Raj film is not just his ticket to the A-list, he says. "Acceptance, feedback, fame, money, success are all very seductive, but I work only for myself. I don't work to be an A-lister. DBB interested me as an actor, that's why I did it," stresses Sushant.

Talk about fond memories from the shoot, and like most others, he gets into raptures about the food. "The best thing about Kolkata, where we shot for a month, is that the city has retained its rich heritage. It also has some of the sweetest people, and the food there is amazing. I want to visit again to try out all the Bengali delicacies. I hope Kolkata accepts me as their notun (new) Byomkesh."

Bengali cinema is no stranger to the detective created by author Sharadindu Bandopadhyay, but DBB, insists Sushant, stands out from the rest.

"Unlike other Byomkesh films, we've started from scratch. DBB is about how Byomkesh becomes Detective Byomkesh. By the end of it, he learns not only about solving cases efficiently, but also the importance of having people around. He starts out as a loner, but eventually realises that he was craving for companionship," the actor explains.

It took Sushant five months to get a hang of the world director Dibakar Banerjee was creating. "Dibakar did not tell me what to do. Instead, he instructed me on what not to do, and it helped," the 29-year-old smiles.

Remaking an iconic character comes with a lot of baggage. But not for Sushant, who considers this performance his most honest one yet. "I'd deliberately not watched Byomkesh films before I started shooting for DBB. I've read about Feluda and Byomkesh. But as an actor, I only thought of my character and myself. I'm selfish that way," he shares.

Having bought the rights to all of Sharadindu Bandopadhyay's stories, the team has also locked a script for their second film on Byomkesh Bakshy. "We have the rights to use as many stories as we want for our film. But we won't make all 32 of them, because I'll be 61 by then (laughs). Dibakar and me were discussing the second story. The idea is superb, so let's hope this film does well and we can make the second film."

But what if DBB does not work? Will Sushant still try the genre? "Why not? I don't do a film thinking it to be of a certain genre only. It can be a 10 minute role or a role like this. I just work for myself, but at the same time, we want the audiences to like it. Films are primarily a moneymaking venture, so we have to take that into consideration as well."

While many of his contemporaries are keeping the cash registers ringing doing mindless commercial flicks, Sushant is not taking the easy route. But he does want to attempt a masala entertainer sometime soon. "I would love to do something like a Rohit Shetty film. All my roles till date have not been conventionally Bollywood, but they have been commercial hits. Even my next with Homi Adajania is a rom-com that will have a lot of song and dance, very Bollywood-ish. I am keeping all my options open," he signs off.

ChannaMereya

Minion23 IF-Sizzlerz
Minion23
Minion23

Posted: 05 April 2015 at 1:03pm | IP Logged

Edited by SushitaLover23 - 05 April 2015 at 1:59pm
ProudSushantian IF-Sizzlerz
ProudSushantian
ProudSushantian

Posted: 06 April 2015 at 3:25am | IP Logged
AnupamaChopra
@anupamachopra
Why do Bengalis take their detectives so seriously?#WatchFCAdda: http://t.co/b4QXmzl1JX @itsSSR #DibakarBanerjee #RajitKapur @FilmCompanion

-Swetha-

Go to top