Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Detective Byomkesh Bakshy Updates: IN CINEMAS NOW! - Page 77

ProudSushantian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Aditya Chopra Changes His Company Policy For Byomkesh
In what seems like a startling reversal of company policy Yash Raj Films has decided to show its latest film Detective Byomkesh Bakshy to the press one evening before release.
It must be noted here that Yash Raj has never before been known to show any of their films to the press before the day of their film's release .
This flash-decision was taken by Yash Raj's head honcho Aditya Chopra on Wednesday following the alleged leak-out of the film's climax onyoutube.
However director Dibakar Banerjee denies the leakage has any hand in the radical change in Yash Raj policy.
Says Dibakar, "When I heard that someone had shot something from during our shooting and put it up on youtube, I panicked. Then I saw the leaked footage and I was cool. There is nothing to be alarmed about. My climax is a lot more than just a whodunit.I'd like to grant my cinema with more depth than what can be revealed in a secretly shot footage from a mobile phone."
Dibakar is dismayed by the trend of film spoilers on the internet. "Who knows who shot this footage and with what motive! But yes , we have suddenly decided to show the film to the press on the evening before release. It is a first for Yash Raj , I believe. It shows Adi's faith in the film."
Dibakar grants full marks to his producer for standing by his film. "Byomkesh couldn't have been made without Adi's vision and determination. Think about it. Byomkesh is an iconic detective figure that Bengalis revere and the country grew up reading .To put Byomkesh on screen requires a great deal of hindsight and acumen.Adi was with me on this right through."
Dibakar feels this is a do-or-die film for him. "It is has the scale of big commercial Yash Raj film. But it doesn't have the songs dances or item songs. It's a very complicated situation to be in .Detective Byomkesh Bakshy is my biggest challenge to date. It has to work."
On Thursday evening when Yash Raj opens its studio for the first time to the media for a press show Dibakar is expected to rush in with a request to the media to not reveal the end in their reviews.
"The leaked video has done no damage to my film. But irresponsible reviews can harm the film. This is a film with a very complicated ending. I expect everyone to respect that," says Dibakar.

SubhashKJha
@SubhashK_Jha
Aditya Chopra changes his company policy for #ByomkeshBakshy via SKJ Bollywood News
http://t.co/9D9lM9v3uL http://t.co/Fua2tWr2r9

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Just 1 day to go...
Good luck to Sushant, Dibakar and the whole team of DBB! 
touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
taran adarsh @taran_adarsh  

#DetectiveByomkeshBakshy India screen count - 1240 screens. International screen count - 330 screens. Worldwide screen count - 1570 screens.

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Byomkesh Bakshy @byomkeshbakshy  

Presenting a candid picture of Detective Byomkesh Bakshy. Watch the mystery unfold tomorrow! #DBB1DayToGo

Embedded image permalink

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
The screen count is lesser than Badlapur and even NH10. 😕
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Screen count is like Haider. 
swati82 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
fairly low screen count...will they increase it as wom spreads?
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .Hajmola.

Screen count is like Haider.

No. It's like Dolly ki doli. 😆
ChannaMereya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: .krackjack.

The screen count is lesser than Badlapur and even NH10. 😕

yeah  FF7  has  more  and  final  budget  is  30 cr after  promotions  which  will  be  hard  to  recover
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
So few screens! God help this movie now!

YRF have totally screwed all chances this movie had. Bad promotions, bad marketing, few promos, change in dates and now so less screens. If it still works I would give the credit only to Dibakar and the cast-crew for coming up with a good product. Otherwise YRF seems to be in the mood to jeopardize it all.

KPC released on about 1000 screens with a clash, same with SDR. Now DBB releasing on such few screens. When will Sushant's films get a proper release? :(Edited by nikitagmc - 9 years ago