Detective Byomkesh Bakshy Updates: IN CINEMAS NOW! - Page 50

Posted: 9 years ago
Dibakar is a good director ..expect him to give us a good film

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRqlvrvTq2I[/YOUTUBE]
This is trailor they gonna play on tv ? 
seen this trailer again with NH10. looks good. 
Originally posted by BeingAnonymous

This is trailor they gonna play on tv ? 

They usually break up the trailer into smaller 30-40sec parts and play that so this will probably be one of them ...and then play the full trailer on the BW shows on TV. 
Edited by chocolover89 - 9 years ago

Bollywood losing naturalistic style, getting louder: Dibakar Banerjee

Mar 15, 2015 Sahana Ghosh/IANS Leave a comment

Kolkata: Preferring intensity to money power, National Award-winning filmmaker Dibakar Banerjee feels Bollywood is losing its naturalistic style, distancing itself from the rich oeuvre of restrained, controlled performances and veering towards more money and decibel power.

The "Khosla Ka Ghosla" maker says shades of that natural style can still be seen to some extent in Bengali cinema.

"Bengali theatre was not theatrical at all. It was natural, very controlled, very restrained... so you still see traces of that restraint in acting. That's an amazing thing because Bollywood is losing that skill because I think it is getting louder and bigger. It's all about having more money, more decibel power," Banerjee told IANS in an interview here.

Having worked with Bengali film industry stalwart Prosenjit Chatterjee in "Shanghai", the Delhi-born Banerjee, a Bengali, is keen to work with more actors from the region for the value they add to his films.

"I think Bengal cinema has still got a trace left of that famous naturalistic style that used to be so well seen in its cinema and theatre," he said.

It is this particular style that Banerjee has tried to bring out in his forthcoming flick "Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!" based on the fictional detective created by Bengali writer Saradindu Bandyopadhyay.

It stars Sushant Singh Rajput, Anand Tiwari and Bengali actress Swastika Mukherjee in lead roles.

The reason for choosing an interesting mix of actors, Banerjee said, is for their prowess in enacting intense characters.

"I like intensity... that speaks far more than money. So if I have an intense actor or an intense plot or an intense character onscreen, I can actually spend Rs.10 crore less on fruitless car chases and bomb explosions and have the same reaction from the audience. That's why I like intensity," explained the "Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!" maker.

But he is not averse to stars. It is only a question of being on the same page, he clarified.

"Not really (not averse). Stars give you a great advantage in opening up your film to a huge audience because one of the main reasons why audience go to see a film is the star.

"When I get a script that a star wants to work in the way that I want him to work; when the star gets a script that he likes and completely surrenders to me then I will work with a star," said Banerjee, whose political thriller "Shanghai" starred Emraan Hashmi and Abhay Deol.

For the time being, Banerjee is getting ready to dish out a young Bakshi, an "eccentric man who is on odds with the world" to a pan-Indian audience and is "aware" of the possibility of comparisons that it might elicit with the Bengali series of films on the detective that have struck gold with viewers.

"My films have never really comforted every one in terms of giving them what they expect. I don't think "Khosla Ka Ghosla", "Love Sex Aur Dhokaa" and "Shanghai" gave any one a reason to say: Oh! that is what I expected'.

"So, I know that Byomkesh will shake up a lot of people. Whether it's a good shake or bad shake that time will tell," he said.

From the graphic art-like posters inspired by illustrators who have designed images for Bengali detective stories from the 1940s to a flash mob performance on the Howrah Bridge, Banerjee is leaving no stone unturned to perfect his vision of the detective.

"I think this kind of a film the audience needs to know because the experience of a detective film is not hugely entrenched in the Hindi film audience's mind that are used to see either love stories or comedies and a detective story has a different kind of a storytelling technique," he said.

Theres going to be a music video for Calcutta Kiss!
posted by nithesh.nithu on instagram

coz it's time for cal calcutta kiss...:-) calcutta kiss!

fianlly#pack up#Longday#promo#song#shoot#@yashrajstudio#yashrajfilms#hadfun#ty god n happy to working wid-sne,ruel sanam n Lauren

fianlly#pack up#@yashrajstudio

@yashrajstudio#rehearsals#YRmovie#promosong#wid#@laurengottlieb#@salsasneha#crazy#fun#dancing#lifts#tricks#superfunsong-i hope you know what time it is 

Originally posted by vision22

Siddharth Kannan
@sidkannan

<small>

</small>

Ur entire journey & anecdotes makes u so endearing bro @itsSSR awesome chat #SeeTaareMastiiiMein on @mastiiitv

Embedded image permalink[/DIV]

Sushant Singh Rajput's Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! villain to be unveiled with a rap song on March 16

Yes, that's right! The much awaited suspense will finally be out tomorrow...
Anticipations around Sushant Singh Rajput's Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! are getting bigger with every passing day. While the Dibakar Banerjee directorial has released two promos up till now, none of them have given out the face of the villain as yet. We have been at the edge of our seat, figuring out who could be the antagonist warring as powerful as SSR in the film. But well, seems like the wait has almost come to an end.The makers of the film are launching a special music video titled "Bach Ke Bakshy" tomorrow. And we hear that the identity of the villain will be hidden in this very track itself. Now isn't that some intriguing cue to break the suspense?
The song will be a rap number with tongue in cheek humour. There will be clues present all over the lyrics as well as the video of the song. Here are the lyrics for you:

Yo, As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
You see, His eyes ain't even blinking, why you checking his breath?
Hidden... Under the blanket, a stain of the sweat
Oh, so the murder weapon used was a chain on the neck
Or did they bang on the head?
Why is there blood on the bed?
And also judging by the stain marks they poisoned his head
Nobody judge me... Nobody hugs me... Except for... Bakshy
Bakshy teri raat vaat kaagzaat maach bhat bacha na re
Bakshy meri baat maan, jaan aan shaan plan bacha na re
Sar se dhad se katega re, darwaaze taale todega re -2
(Seal wale hothon ko tu seela rehen de
Deep jo hai gada murda pada rehen de)-2
Bakshy teri life hai peeth mein knife hai
Beh gaya jo khoon uska kya blood type hai

See if you can spot the villain in any of the above lines. Any guesses BollywoodLifers?Edited by .krackjack. - 9 years ago
So guys, what do you think about the hidden villian in the lyrics? A couple of lines do catch my attention but I don't know what to say. My speculations could be weird though. 😆Edited by .krackjack. - 9 years ago