Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChannaMereya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Byomkesh Bakshy @byomkeshbakshy  

Byomkesh thinks stalking is crude. He believes in the fine art of observation.

Embedded image permalink
0 replies1 retweet1 favorite
 Retweeted1
 Favorited1
More
Minion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Dibakar Banerjee presents Byomkesh Bakshi to young - and adult - readers
An excerpt from the edgy filmmaker's introduction to a collection of stories featuring the detective. Banerjee's film 'Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!' will be released in April.
Dibakar Banerjee
Today  08:00 pm

http://scroll.in/article/704468/Dibakar-Banerjee-presents-Byomkesh-Bakshi-to-young---and-adult---readers 
Minion23 thumbnail

Minion23 thumbnail

So a little while ago we ventured into new territory and made music for a film..SInce the director loves 'Taste Your Kiss' he asked us to do a take on it, and given that its a detective, period film noir, we couldn't resist : ) So here is CALCUTTA KISS alluding to some forms of narcotics and some other crazy stuff in the plot ..see the film to find out more. And by the way, this soundtrack is going to be epic.. wait for it.  #CalcuttaKiss#DetectiveByomkeshBakshy  #MadboyMink #DibakarBanerjee  Saba Azadhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO4MAZ5uR7o#t=18

Minion23 thumbnail

The name game 

Dibakar Banerjee has been asked by some to replace the word "Calcutta" with "Kolkata"; he calls it a "cheap" stunt

It seems for a few people in Kolkata, West Bengal, a name is all that matters. Film-maker Dibakar Banerjee got a taste of this when after releasing a song, titled Calcutta kiss', from his next, he was flooded with letters expressing disapproval and asking him to change the title to Kolkata kiss'.

PHOTO: RAAJESSH KASHYAP/ HT 

"Dibakar found this bizarre as the film is set in 1943 when the city was called Calcutta. There is nothing offensive about it," says a source close to him.

When contacted, Dibakar reacted by saying that such acts are just to get cheap publicity at the cost of the film's reputation. "Those who are objecting are doing this to get some limelight. That's how you get your 15 minutes of fame. Also, this was not completely unexpected because, in India today, everyone is always ready to take offence," says Dibakar.

The film-maker also reveals that he is aware that there is a directive by the censor board that says that one can't use the old name of a city in a film, but he hopes to make the members of the body understand the context. "If there is any objection, I will talk to them (censor board members) and explain that the film has 1943 as its backdrop. Kolkata was called Calcutta then, and the song is a swing jazz track. I am sure they will understand" says Dibakar.

ChannaMereya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Why  am  I  not  suprised. PPL  in  India  are  so  jobless  .How  do  u  make  film  authentic  calling  a  new  name  .so  they  expect  time  period  of  40  to  have  name  kolkata.
Minion23 thumbnail

Meiyang Chang kicked' about his role in Detective Byomkesh Bakshy

12 Feb 2015 02:19 PM | TellychakkarTeam

Singer-actor-host Meiyang Chang, who has successfully impressed the audience in his three different avatars, seems to be very excited about his upcoming film Detective Byomkesh Bakshy, where he will seen essaying an important role.

Recently we caught up with the actor for a conversation and Chang excitedly mentioned, "In Dibakar Banerjee's upcoming film Detective Byomkesh Bakshy I am portraying an important role of a Chinese man. I am very much excited about this particular role as I am going to play the role of a Chinese for the first time."

While speaking about his film, Chang walked down the memory lane and commented, "Hailing from Dhanbad I have visited Kolkata for numerous times and have spent a quality time over there. Shooting for the film in Kolkata was like revisiting my old days in the city."

"While visiting few areas of the city, which are known Chinese localities, I realized how much the city has changed. But, it was wonderful to visit the city once more," added Chang.

The multi-talented young singer has also participated in Colors show Khatron Ke Khiladi (Endemol) and shared his experience with us. "For me being a part of the show was a crowning achievement. Performing the stunts successfully was the best part of my journey in KKK."

Chang went on to add, "The bonding between all the contestants was wonderful as, we experienced lots of emotions together."

Before signing off Chang, who is busy with hosting his television show Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya, also mentioned that he has been able to balance perfectly between his acting, hosting and singing.

We wish the talented guy all best for his future projects.

Minion23 thumbnail

"I have worked very hard on Detective Byomkesh Bakshy" - Sushant Singh Rajput

0 Comments
Posted on February 14th, 2015 in MoviesNewsPress ReleaseStars

15feb_Detective Byomkesh BakshyPlaying the title role in Dibakar Banerjee's period sleuth film Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! was challenging for Sushant Singh Rajput and he says he has worked very hard to get his act right in the movie.

The 29-year-old actor said that before doing the film he did his fair share of research on Bengali literature's most loved fictional detective created by Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay. "I knew that I had the resources and researches. The bottom line was the authority to play the character Byomkesh. I was aware of what not to do on-screen. Filmmaking is all about what we like to do on-screen. We have attempted that in the film. I have worked very hard to perform the character," said Rajput. The film is set in Kolkata and has been extensively shot in the city as well as Mumbai.

Yash Raj Films is proud to present a Dibakar Banerjee Productions, DETECTIVE BYOMKESH BAKSHY! releasing worldwide on 3 APRIL 2015.

Minion23 thumbnail
Byomkesh Bakshy @byomkeshbakshy  

Does Byomkesh have a date on #ValentinesDay? We think so.

Embedded image permalink

Minion23 thumbnail
User Actions
 Following
Byomkesh Bakshy@byomkeshbakshy

Nobody ever brooded like DBB. Watch him at his introspective best in the #DBBTrailer >> http://youtu.be/ZG--GOpi_0g 

Retweeted
Favorited
More