Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

krackjack thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Heya peeps!! Mystery revealed!! ðŸ¥³

The music in the trailer is composed by a band named Mode.AKA.

It's a Bangalore based band and these people have recently performed at NH7 Weekender as well. 

I love Dibakar!! The guy is real awesome! Some love to YRF as well!!

This is their facebook page, if anyone's interested.

https://m.facebook.com/Mode.AKA

This is what they posted.

Mode.AKA shared a link.
Yesterday at 04:08  
'andov.a' and a new track called 'chick.n' get mashed up in this epic trailer for Dibakar Bannerjee's Detective Byomkesh Bakshy
Minion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
ProudSushantian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: SushitaLover23

🥳
Minion23 thumbnail

Femme Fatale

- She sexy and dangerous in the detective Byomkesh Bakshy! Trailer. Swastika takes t2 behind the sizzling scenes
In Dibakar Banerjee's Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! trailer, which hit YouTube on Wednesday, Swastika Mukherjee is the mystery woman you can't take your eyes off! t2 hears it from Anguri Devi...

The Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! trailer is kick-ass to say the least...

Yes, yes, yes! I think it's a great opportunity for any actor to get this kind of a role in his/her first Hindi film. I mean there's so much on the platter as you can make out from the trailer. I have always been interested in performance-driven roles, playing characters where I have a lot to contribute. There could have been nothing bigger than what I have got in Detective Byomkesh Bakshy!. My character Anguri Devi is complicated and difficult. I'm sure one will realise that after watching the trailer. You already know that this woman is doing so much. She is laughing, she is sexy and she is dangerous...

And mysterious too...

Oh yes. Anguri is engulfed in mystery. She is very, very mysterious and that's what makes her so interesting. Even in the trailer she looks mysterious. She is standing with a gun, she is swimming, she is an actress who is also very seductive...

Yes, from the trailer it looks like she is seducing Byomkesh...

Of course she is! 

The focus of this trailer is entirely on you and Byomkesh. You are seducing him, being intimate with him and then you are undressing... how bold is Anguri?

She is an actress. I can't give away much at this stage... You can never actually figure out what she is or who she is. A very intriguing character. She is a puzzle one has to solve with a lot of patience. There's everything that an actress can show and do in this film. I'm very excited actually (laughs).

And are there lots of steamy scenes?

Oh lots! There's lots of steam. So don't forget to carry a towel when you watch the film! I was so excited after watching the trailer that I called up Mainak (Bhaumik, filmmaker) to say that I was feeling surreal! I'm feeling sick

!

Tell us about the bathtub scene...

It took 12 hours to finish that scene. By the time the shoot got over I had the skin of a 90-year-old! All saggy... though it was the most difficult scene, it was the most wonderful scene too. In that scene I was given a 1940s Vogue to read. Even the loofah is from the '40s. 

There is a shot where we see you in the background, coming down the stairs in a long gown, and then it cuts to the next scene where your legs can be seen...

Yes. I am wearing a skirt and a top but underneath it I'm actually wearing a swimsuit. I'm glad that in my Bollywood debut none other than Manish Malhotra did my costumes. Anu Kaushik did my make-up. Everything was so perfect. And would you believe for the entire schedule I slept with 50 rollers in my hair to get those curls! The brief was that my curls should look as natural as possible. There's a lot of detailing with make-up, eye make-up, costumes lipstick... I couldn't have asked for more. The only thing that can be bigger than this is if I do a film with Salman Khan now! (Laughs out loud)

Kushali Nag

Share on emailShare on printShare on facebookShare on twitterMore Sharing Services
Edited by SushitaLover23 - 9 years ago
Palak_Paneer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Well if you've guessed it right, treat yourself to this tidbit about the character from the movie.

Ajit Banerjee (played by Anand Tiwari) - An aspiring writer, and a bodybuilder by hobby. He is the son of the genius chemist Bhuban Banerjee, who has suddenly gone missing.

Source-DBB FB page

I'm really sorry, not able to upload the picture

Edited by cutewinnie - 9 years ago
LeadNitrate thumbnail
Atleast Dibakar did not use a real Byomkesh Bakshi story to ruin the whole thing completely.
As is it, except for the name Byomkesh this has nothing to do with Byomkesh bakshi and thank God for that. 
Sleekly made movie , or so looks from trailer. casting is nice. HOwever sushant does not give the vibe of a near genius detective when he speaks, look wise okay.

Wonder why did Dibakar chose Byomkesh Bakshi, the movie is as far removed from Byomkesh series as chalk is from cheese. He should have used some Charandas Chanchur or so name but then again he wouldn't be able to cash on the movie goers who read the book and / or those still in love with the awesome rajit kapoor series.
Dibakar said that he had combined together three or four BB stories to come up with this juggernaut. But it looks like he's contributed his own bit as well. 😆

LeadNitrate is right, this looks nothing like the Byomkesh we know.
LeadNitrate thumbnail
Originally posted by: krystal_watz

Dibakar said that he had combined together three or four BB stories to come up with this juggernaut. But it looks like he's contributed his own bit as well. 😆

LeadNitrate is right, this looks nothing like the Byomkesh we know.

its entirely his brain

I have the byomkesh stories committed to my memory, no where was an angurbala such central role, sunanaya of chiriakhana was a side character actress and that too was a guise of the criminal

ajit was never a body builder.
NO body builder or anyone ever came to ask him to look for his missing dad.

Whatever, I mean I was really scared when SSR was cast as byomkesh and wanted to kill Dibakar. But for this movie which could have eaisly been named anything, Any actor is fine.

After rajit kapoor, and uttamkumar, only abir comes anywhere near a mile in byomkesh portrayal.

nikitagmc thumbnail
It's not 3-4 stories, Dibakar combined two stories (one is Satyanweshi, second is not known) to make this film. By his own admission, he has also made some changes. Anguri's character is a new one. Regarding Ajit, he said that in a book, a detective's sidekick is important as the audience sees it all through his eyes. But in a film, audience can see everything for themselves so his importance goes down. Hence he had said he would do something in this regard.
This is all what Dibakar said. I personally have no idea how similar or different to the original source material it is, since I have not seen the DD series or read the book.
Palak_Paneer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Tidbits on Anguri Devi (played by Swastika Mukherjee)

Heartthrob of the nation.

She has been polled as the most popular star of India in 1943. Her films cause a riot among fans on the opening weekend. When she sheds a tear on screen, rivers flow on the street. When she dies on screen, her fans slit their wrists. No wonder they call her the queen of tragedy!

Source-DBB FB page

Edited by cutewinnie - 9 years ago