Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ishika_sushita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Dibakar Banerjee: Detective Byomkesh Bakshi is my most expensive film by far!

Tue, May 13, 2014 12:15pm UTC by Avinash Lohana Add first Comment
Dibakar Banerjee: Detective Byomkesh Bakshi is my most expensive film by far!
Yogen Shah
Tweet

The Love Sex aur Dhokha director has collaborated with YRF for the Sushant Singh Rajput starrer

In the past, Dibakar Banerjee who has made National award winning films like Khosla Ka Ghosla and Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! has mostly worked with small producers and on a very tight budget. Detective Byomkesh Bakshi is a collaboration of Yash Raj Films and Dibakar Banerjee Productions and is made on an illustrious budget.

In a conversation with Bollywoodlife on the sets of Detective Byomkesh Bakshi, Dibakar confirmed the news saying, "Yes, this is my most expensive film. However, if we compare with other big films that are made with special effects and huge sets, my film is much less expensive than that." The Shanghai director further added, "Since I am quite disciplined and planned I always make sure that things go according to the schedule and there are no hiccups in the path." We don't doubt your ability there Mr Banerjee, considering the budget of your previous films, this is nothing less than a luxury for you. Right peeps?
Luvsushanki thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
he is luking so different. sushant is luking very experimenting. hope the movie become successful. its luking very nic.
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
(Originally shared by Anu)

A sequel to Detective Byomkesh Bakshy
Written by Screen Correspondent | Mumbai | August 15, 2014 1:00 am

SUMMARY
Even before the release of director Dibakar Banerjee's Detective Byomkesh Bakshy, with Sushant Singh Rajput playing the title role, plans are afoot to make its sequel!

Even before the release of director Dibakar Banerjee's Detective Byomkesh Bakshy, with Sushant Singh Rajput playing the title role, plans are afoot to make its sequel! Produced under the Yash Raj banner, the film that recreates the Kolkata of the '40s is based on the story written by author Saradindu Bandyopadhyaya. However, when contacted, Rafique Gangjee, the official spokesperson of YRF, said, "It is much too early to plan a sequel of a film that hasn't released, but with our investment in all the stories, the potential to make Detective Byomkesh Bakshy into a franchise certainly exists. Let's wait and watch as the mystery unravels."

😃
Blazer7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
AAAHHH I'm TOO EXCITED FOR THIS! 

Feb 13th 2015 come faster please. 
Minion23 thumbnail
    • 14 Oct 2014
    • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)
    • " Prashant Singh

Sushant's Teaser with SRK's Film

ome time ago, Sushant Singh Rajput had admitted in an interview to HT Caf that he is "an actor because of Shah Rukh Khan". Now, call it pure co-incidence or planning, the teaser of his film with director Dibakar Banerjee will be seen along with SRK's Happy New Year.

"The teaser of Sushant's upcoming project has been attached by Aditya Chopra's company " which is distributing SRK's film as well as producing Sushant's movie," says an insider.

Interestingly, viewers will also be able to see the trailer of Aamir Khan's next, P.K., with Shah Rukh's film. Apparently Aamir's next was attached to the film through exhibitors. "And, in all likelihood, he will be launching the trailer officially a day before Shah Rukh's film releases (October 24)," adds the insider. And it doesn't end there. Apparently, a trailer of Ajay Devgn's next will also be seen with the Farah Khan-directed multi-starrer.

nikitagmc thumbnail
Teaser 3.5 months before release?! YES go YRF! woot woot!!!!
nikitagmc thumbnail
I feel the trailer will come out on Nov. 14 with Kill Dil.
bonnefille thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

"I'm still a huge film fan"

Dibakar Banerjee talks about his next project Byomkesh Bakshi and his life at the

How is Byomkesh Bakshi shaping up?

The film is at its editing stage right now.

Sushant Singh Rajput said that he's learnt more on Byomkesh Bakshi than he did in his three years of acting school or his last three films...
He's just being too kind. You'll see a different Sushant Singh Rajput in this film. He belongs to the current generation but we've tried to make him blend into the personality of a person who lived during the 1940s era. India has changed a lot since then.

What was the most challenging part in the film?

The most challenging part was that a detective is a very cold person. He talks only about facts and not emotions. And my film is very emotional.

Is it true that Rani Mukerji was supposed to play a part in Byomkesh Bakshi?

Yes, I was thinking about Rani but not for some small part but a proper role. She was very busy at that point of time. I met her recently and we clicked. Now we're like good friends.

How'd you describe your journey at the movies?
Whenever I see something fascinating, I want to be the person who has made it happen. For instance, if you show me a good car, I'd like to be the person who has designed the car. Similarly, at an early age when films influenced me, I wanted to be that person to make movies and influence people.

Name a few filmmakers who've inspired you...

Among the Indian filmmakers I was influenced by Satyajit Ray, Shekhar Kapur, Pradip Krishen, Ketan Mehta and Shyam Benegal. From the west, my favourites would be Stanley Kubrick, Martin Scorsese and many more. I can watch their films again and again.    

Would you still call yourself a film fan or has the filmmaker taken over?
I'm still a huge film fan. That's the only thing that keeps me driven to make better films. Also, being a film fan you realize how unfinished a craftsman you are. When you see other people's superior work, it just pushes you to work harder.

Do you still attend film festivals across the world?

For me, the joy of anonymity, watching a film and enjoying it with the crowd is gone for me now, at least in India. (Laughs) A film festival is the place where I'm recognized by people.

Why do you keep yourself away from the media?

It's a conscious decision. It's good to stay a bit away from the media. Your mind will then have space to process your thoughts. If I interact too much with the media, there'll be a thousand bytes clogging my head. I need to be left alone to think clearly.

Who keeps you company in your loneliness?

Films that have influenced me, books and poems keep me good company. There was a dialogue in Shanghai, "Marne se dar lagta hai, jeena haraam hai." It was a good moment in the film but these two words are taken from a 20th Negro writer-singer from America, who'd mentioned in one of his writings, "I'm tired of living and scared of dying." His lines found their way to my movie. His songs gave me company then.

You read a lot, right?
I keep reading books. Usually, I read 3-4 books at one time. I'm currently reading Alias Grace, by Margaret Atwood. I'm also reading Pakistani writer Tariq Ali's Street Fighting Years.

(Filmfare)

Minion23 thumbnail

Byomkesh Bakshi an original Indian character: Dibaker Banerjee

• IANS
  • |
  • Bollywood
  • |
  • Oct 17, 2014 00:00 AM
0comments

Mumbai, Oct 16 (IANS)

Film maker Dibaker Banerjee, who is currently editing his film "Byomkesh Bakshi", says his film has got nothing to do with famed fictional detective Sherlock Holmes as his film deals with "an original Indian character".

There were reports that "Byomkesh Bakshi" resembles resemblance to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's character but Banerjee says it is not true and there is no logic behind this.

"Somebody told me that Byomkesh Bakshi is like the Sherlock Holmes stories... I think it's ridiculous. In that case why will I buy the rights of Byomkesh Bakshi, why would I buy the rights of 31 stories from Byomkesh Bakshi series. There is no logic. 

"Byomkesh is an original Indian character and with a whole new connect to the Indian audience which a Sherlock Holmes cannot have because he is not from India."

The detective spy thriller, based on the popular Bengali detective created by Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay, features Sushant Singh Rajput in lead.

Asked if he is satisfied with the film, Banerjee said: "I am still editing it and I have never been satisfied with anything that I have done in my life."

MR.KooL thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Detective Byomkesh Bakshi is India's Sherlock Holmes- Dibakar Banerjee

Dibakar Banerjee gearing up for the release of Detective Byomkesh Bakshi starring Sushant Singh Rajput talks about the plot of the film.

Dibakar Banerjee is having a good laugh at the rumours doing the rounds about his upcoming next film, Detective Byomkesh Bakshi starring Sushant Singh Rajput.

Recent reports stated how Dibakar's film, DBB is inspired by the international character of Sherlock Holmes and how they have similarities.

However Byomkesh Bakshi is the biggest and the most famous detective character of India. There is a series on the character but this is the first time a movie will be made on him.

There are a lot of interesting elements about Byomkesh Bakshi that can be showcased through Dibakar's film. So, there was no need for them to take inspiration from Sherlock Holmes.

When contacted Dibakar he laughed at the rumours doing the rounds and added, "Detective Byomkesh Bakshi is an answer to Sherlock Holmes, not Sherlock Holmes. Byomkesh Bakshi remains the first and the most famous Detective in India wholly and solely Indian at heart, actions, methods, setting and style. This is the first time that Byomkesh will be on the big screen for all of India and the world! Why ignore the real Byomkesh stories - some of the most striking and original in the world - and borrow from a English franchise with no desi connect? Byomkesh Bakshi is an original and Desi jawab to Sherlock Holmes in Desi bhasha. He is completely original, secure and Indian from his dhoti to the Calcutta Tram ticket in his kurta pocket that is a clue to a mystery!"

Detective Byomkesh Bakshi is all set to release on 13th February 2015.

http://www.talkingmoviez.com/detective-byomkesh-bakshi-is-indias-sherlock-holmes-dibakar-banerjee/