Vineet Modi @vineetmodi  

#Naigaon #shoot #byomkesh http://instagram.com/p/l7TPO1K4GQ/ 

•  Retweet 
  •  Favorite 
  •  More
Minion23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
If I say I love drinking, smoking, and I'm a sexually aggressive woman, how does it make me bad?
By Priyanka Narula

Tuesday, 25 March 2014 08:59 AM

Share on print
Share on email

I don't believe in being good, says Swastika Mukherjee as she opens up on her movies and her men.

Sexy. Sassy. Saucy. More than ever before. Swastika Mukherjee tells t2 about being at the top of her game " both in the professional and personal spheres " over Caesar salad and coffee at Cafe Swiss in Swissotel.

You are in great shape. What's the secret?
Healthy sex! (Winks) I had to lose weight and tone up for Detective Byomkesh Bakshi(produced by Yash Raj Films and directed by Dibakar Banerjee in which Swastika plays Anguri). So I am following a very strict diet and I am working out too.

How was the experience of shooting for your Bollywood debut?
I have been extremely lucky to have a Bengali director in my Bollywood debut. I am not very fluent in Hindi. Dibakar would translate the lines for me. We spoke a lot about the character and that helped. We all know that Bollywood is very professional. The other thing I have noticed is that they give equal respect to junior artistes, something that is missing in Calcutta.

Here, junior artistes are treated like trash and I have been part of films where they were not even allowed to use restrooms for three hours! They are not given any changing rooms and nobody cares. I have seen women changing on the street. But on the sets of Detective Byomkesh Bakshi, if a chair was pulled for me, a chair was pulled for a junior artiste too. That apart they pay a lot of attention to details. Even if the lip liner looked a bit smudged, it didn't go unnoticed.

How was it working with Sushant Singh Rajput?
Very cool. He is a sweet guy. I was very stressed and was concentrating on my lines because things happened at such short notice that I didn't get time for homework. The first two days were very hard and I thought I was going to faint from nervousness. But I was also excited because I wore only Manish Malhotra costumes!

You've worked with one of the biggest banners in Bollywood, and there are offers in Tollywood as well. Is this the best phase of your career?
Umm... the best is yet to come. For the past two years I have been thinking of working outside my boundary. I have completed 11 years as an actress in Tollywood and it's not that I've stuck to doing any one type of role. I've tried so many things. I have experimented with my look, my body, make-up... I have played characters far older than I am. I used to get offers from Bollywood but they were mostly films that required me to do sleazy song-and-dance. Then I auditioned for Detective Byomkesh Bakshi and bagged the role

Link to whole interview
http://www.abplive.in/incoming/2014/03/25/article282975.ece/If-I-say-I-love-drinking-smoking-and-I'm-a-sexually-aggressive-woman-how-does-it-make-me-bad#.UzD6-O29LCQ
Minion23 thumbnail
  1. swastika mukherjee @swastika24  

re doing my make up,re touching my lipstick,settin up my curls, doin my lines & pleading to God...Let there be lights & we will PAC UP!

•  Retweet 
    •  Favorited 
    •  More
  2. swastika mukherjee @swastika24  

Never ending nights,never ending night shoots. Dibakar is fresh, whole unit is running arnd wt smiling faces.We actors r sleepy, all of us.

•  Retweeted 
    •  Favorited 
    •  More
Minion23 thumbnail

DETECTIVE BYOMKESH BAKSHY!     
13 February, 2015

In a contemporary interpretation of war torn Calcutta during the 1940's, the film follows the first adventure of Byomkesh(Sushant Singh Rajput), fresh out of college, as he pits himself against an evil genius who is out to destroy the world. It's his wits against the most villainous arch criminal the world has seen, in a world of murder, international political intrigue and seduction. 

Starring Sushant Singh Rajput 
Directed and Produced by Dibakar Banerjee

Scorpio_Velvet thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
^

Releasing on Feb 2015? 
nikitagmc thumbnail
This means no sushant this year.. except for his small role in peekay.
I want to throw a tomato at someone..
Originally posted by: YusBee

Swastika Mukherjee 🤢 (Won't consider Jaatiswar and Take One while calling her useless though)

C'mon, she isn't useless. 😆 Can't stand her personality, but she's an above average actress. Who can forget Kodoli.
Luvsushanki thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
so its release date postponed...was desperatly waiting for d movie. ab 3 mahine aur wait krna hoga
whiterose29 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
I won't be able to watch any movies in Feb 2015 -________-

😔
Minion23 thumbnail

@byomkeshbakshy: It's his wits v/s the most villianous criminal!
Detective Byomkesh Bakshy releases on 13 February, 2015
To know more: http://t.co/KmWyUTwMBQ