Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Jennifer Lawrence Opposite Sushant in Paani!!! (Page 4)

krk05 Groupbie
krk05
krk05

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
She got really famous with "hunger games" series where she is fighting over food...why would she star in another movie where the fight is over water.!!! Seems unlikely !

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 6:28pm | IP Logged
JFC I joked about this a few months back HOLLY CRAP MY JLAW BABY <3 I highly doubt this is true though but I would LOVE for her to be in this, she loves to do Indie movies so this might be great

Fingers crossed Sush you lucky guy if this is true Embarrassed
Basilisk IF-Sizzlerz
Basilisk
Basilisk

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 6:35pm | IP Logged
JLaw with SSR? That sounds too far-fetched Ermm 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

togepe30

BollyBoy Goldie
BollyBoy
BollyBoy

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 6:50pm | IP Logged
LOLLOLLOL not happening!
nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kareena05

Originally posted by MadhuriDixit

why wuld she do a bollywood movie when she's the biggest actress in hollywood at the moment.

It's not about Hollywood Bollywood...and if she does the movie it's not because of the lead actor BUT because of the script and of course Shekhar Kapur who's a well known director in Hollywood his movies "Queen Elizabeth" and the "The Golden Age" were nominated for oscars and they won a few...If a talented actress like Cate Blanchett worked with him why not her...

Fully agreed with this. Shekhar Kapur is a big name who has worked with quite a lot of actors and has international repute and contacts (he was recently on the Jury list of an international film festival as well).  Just bcos anew actor like Sushant is the leading man does not mean there is no chance of her or any other big actress of being in the project.

I do agree with what someone posted though about the movie's theme being a bit similar to Hunger Games (I have not seen it but have heard about it). Now THAT could be a point for refusal.

Anyhow, I will wait for a statement from Shekhar Kapur's side. If the news is false (like the Deepika one) he will issue a statement very soon.

Edited by nikitagmc - 07 January 2014 at 7:02pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kareena05

--HiNa-- IF-Stunnerz
--HiNa--
--HiNa--

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HZAnita

I would *almost* believe this if the male lead were HR, or even RK.  But SSR acting with JLaw?  No way.  Her agents would be nuts to let her sign this film.

LOLLOLhaha agreeLOLLOL SSR acting Suck  specialy his voiceDead LOL
Amara_B Senior Member
Amara_B
Amara_B

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 7:07pm | IP Logged
I wouldn't completely write this off, for two reasons:

1) Shekhar Kapur is a critically respected director in Hollywood.

2) He has said he is 'in talks' with a well known Hollywood actress.

Having said that I would also take the news with a massive pinch of salt. Indian media has a reputation of making ridiculous hyperbole  claims regarding 'how much hollywood actors want to work with [insert any popular bollywood actors name]'. Or how [insert popular hollywood actors name] 'knows a bollywood actor, or has watched a bollywood film'.

None of that's true, the bottom line is 90% of bollywood is only worth being thrown in the trash can. It's terrible. So why would any well respected Hollywood actor be fawning over Bollywood? Where 'actors' like salman khan rake in the most money, whilst acting in films that an intelligent 10 year old wouldn't even be able to sit through. And 'actors' like SRK, Aamir, Hrithik, Ajay, Akshay, are considered the best bollywood has to offer. Whilst all of them are good actors, it's pretty damn sad they are the best bollywood has to offer. Nowhere near comparable to the best Hollywood has to offer: Daniel Day Lewis, Gary Oldman, Jeff Bridges, Brad Pitt, even Daniel Radcliffe who's still just starting out after HP.

Shekhar Kapur probably will get a well known hollywood actress for the film, based on his own reputation. IF it's an amazing script (which I'm doubtful about) maybe someone like Jennifer Lawrence would do it, but it's more likely he'll  get someone of a similar success level as Julia Stiles.

Quite frankly Jennifer Lawrence is far too excellent an actress, with an array of excellent scripts offered to her all the time, so why would she realistically want to pass up on something of better quality, on home turf, for a Bollywood film?

I'd much rather see Jennifer Lawrence in something on par, in quality, with all the work she's done thus far.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

JPRulesmyriamsunflower52Chameli_billi

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
^^ It's not really a Bollywood film as such actually. This has been intended as an international project from the beginning. They actually intend to primarily tap the HW market with this film, from what I understood so far. So it will be like a HW film only, which will be released in India as well.

Go to top