DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
hell no!! it can't be true!!!
kareena05 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MadhuriDixit

why wuld she do a bollywood movie when she's the biggest actress in hollywood at the moment.

It's not about Hollywood Bollywood...and if she does the movie it's not because of the lead actor BUT because of the script and of course Shekhar Kapur who's a well known director in Hollywood his movies "Queen Elizabeth" and the "The Golden Age" were nominated for oscars and they won a few...If a talented actress like Cate Blanchett worked with him why not her...
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Heisenberg.

Why do you think that she would know who SRK is?, he's most probably just as unknown to her as SSR and HR.

Yup chances are that she doesn't know who SRK is ...but I am sure she knows what Bollywood is...so imagine if she asks her agents...who is the actor who is working opposite me in that BW movie...The agents would be like...Shahrukh is the biggest star of BW...and for SSR they would say...well he is a two movie old actor in BW...Guess who she would be more willing to work with πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

grounder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wow .. that's a big one .. Jennifer Lawrence is like the flavor of the season in Hollywood .. especially after Silver Linings Playbook and Hunger Games. Even off-screen, her behavior has got her lot of fans. If she indeed has been signed up for Paani, then she will get a lot of audience to the theaters just by herself. HR should get back on the project. He and JLaw would look deadly on screen. Sushant is alright, HR is more of a HW project guy.
krk05 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
She got really famous with "hunger games" series where she is fighting over food...why would she star in another movie where the fight is over water.!!! Seems unlikely !
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
JFC I joked about this a few months back HOLLY CRAP MY JLAW BABY <3 I highly doubt this is true though but I would LOVE for her to be in this, she loves to do Indie movies so this might be great

Fingers crossed Sush you lucky guy if this is true 😳
Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
JLaw with SSR? That sounds too far-fetched πŸ€” 
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: kareena05

It's not about Hollywood Bollywood...and if she does the movie it's not because of the lead actor BUT because of the script and of course Shekhar Kapur who's a well known director in Hollywood his movies "Queen Elizabeth" and the "The Golden Age" were nominated for oscars and they won a few...If a talented actress like Cate Blanchett worked with him why not her...

Fully agreed with this. Shekhar Kapur is a big name who has worked with quite a lot of actors and has international repute and contacts (he was recently on the Jury list of an international film festival as well).  Just bcos anew actor like Sushant is the leading man does not mean there is no chance of her or any other big actress of being in the project.

I do agree with what someone posted though about the movie's theme being a bit similar to Hunger Games (I have not seen it but have heard about it). Now THAT could be a point for refusal.

Anyhow, I will wait for a statement from Shekhar Kapur's side. If the news is false (like the Deepika one) he will issue a statement very soon.
Edited by nikitagmc - 10 years ago
--HiNa-- thumbnail
Originally posted by: HZAnita

I would *almost* believe this if the male lead were HR, or even RK.  But SSR acting with JLaw?  No way.  Her agents would be nuts to let her sign this film.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†haha agreeπŸ˜†πŸ˜† SSR acting Suck  specialy his voice🀒 πŸ˜†
Amara_B thumbnail
I wouldn't completely write this off, for two reasons:

1) Shekhar Kapur is a critically respected director in Hollywood.

2) He has said he is 'in talks' with a well known Hollywood actress.

Having said that I would also take the news with a massive pinch of salt. Indian media has a reputation of making ridiculous hyperbole  claims regarding 'how much hollywood actors want to work with [insert any popular bollywood actors name]'. Or how [insert popular hollywood actors name] 'knows a bollywood actor, or has watched a bollywood film'.

None of that's true, the bottom line is 90% of bollywood is only worth being thrown in the trash can. It's terrible. So why would any well respected Hollywood actor be fawning over Bollywood? Where 'actors' like salman khan rake in the most money, whilst acting in films that an intelligent 10 year old wouldn't even be able to sit through. And 'actors' like SRK, Aamir, Hrithik, Ajay, Akshay, are considered the best bollywood has to offer. Whilst all of them are good actors, it's pretty damn sad they are the best bollywood has to offer. Nowhere near comparable to the best Hollywood has to offer: Daniel Day Lewis, Gary Oldman, Jeff Bridges, Brad Pitt, even Daniel Radcliffe who's still just starting out after HP.

Shekhar Kapur probably will get a well known hollywood actress for the film, based on his own reputation. IF it's an amazing script (which I'm doubtful about) maybe someone like Jennifer Lawrence would do it, but it's more likely he'll  get someone of a similar success level as Julia Stiles.

Quite frankly Jennifer Lawrence is far too excellent an actress, with an array of excellent scripts offered to her all the time, so why would she realistically want to pass up on something of better quality, on home turf, for a Bollywood film?

I'd much rather see Jennifer Lawrence in something on par, in quality, with all the work she's done thus far.