Jennifer Lawrence Opposite Sushant in Paani!!!

Posted: 10 years ago

Hollywood sweetheart in Paani?

The makers of the film are in advanced talks with Jennifer Lawrence to star in Shekhar Kapur's magnum opus

Sarita A Tanwar

Tired of hearing about Bollywood actresses making a debut in Hollywood? Now there's a twist in the tale. If all goes well, Hollywood actress Jennifer Lawrence might star in a Bollywood film. The Oscar winning actress has been approached to be part of Shekhar Kapur's Paani.
The project is being produced by Yashraj Films and is based on a future world where wars over water have broken out. Paani tells the story of a future dystopia in which water is owned by international corporations, who use thirst as a weapon of control, while the wealthy squander it decadently. The story centers on young lovers who defy the rules and try to make the water flow back to its people. The film's cast will have both Indian and Western actors.
According to an insider, "Paani will be an expensive film. The budget would be close to '150 crore. To justify that kind of a money, the film will have to do good business all around the world, and not just in India. Getting someone like Jennifer will ensure the film attracts eyeballs internationally as well." It was always clear that they needed a Hollywood actress for this role. What worked in Jennifer's favour are both her popularity and her acting prowess.
In October, Kapur was in LA doing a screen test for Paani and he tweeted, "Full day of auditions for Paani in LA. Range of talent in young actresses is quite amazing and even the biggest stars are not shy of auditioning."
Newcomer Sushant Singh Rajput will be paired opposite Jennifer. Singh stepped in after Hrithik Roshan walked out of the film.

About Jennifer
Jennifer Shrader Lawrence (born August 15, 1990) is an American actress. She was born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky. At the age of 14, she decided to pursue an acting career, persuading her parents to take her to New York City to find a talent agent. In 2011, Lawrence was offered the part of Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games. The film was released on March 2012, and was a huge hit. In 2012, she played a widow in Silver Linings Playbook, opposite Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro. She received widespread critical praise for her performance and won the Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, and several other accolades for Best Actress for her performance in the film. Soonafter she became the face of Dior. Lawrence made news when she replaced Angelina Jolie in Serena, in which she plays the role of an unstable woman who learns that she can never bear her husband's children and sets out to murder the woman who bore her husband an illegitimate son before their marriage. The film is scheduled to be released in April 2014.

Published Date:  Jan 08, 2014

Copyright restricted. For reprint rights click here

Edited by luvsushita23 - 10 years ago
If this is true then sushant is one lucky dude 
J.Law is the IT girl of Hollywood at the moment. So I'm not surprised at the number of people that throw her name around. I doubt this is true.  Edited by Dexterkilaila - 10 years ago
Just like Deepika Padukone in Fast and Furious.
Don't believe this YRF can't afford to pay her. But if it's true thats great she is one of my favorite actress. She is really talented!
Sushant-J-Lawrence deadly combo 
Whaaat?? ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
I hope its true. I am such a big fan of hers ever since I watched Silver Linings Playbook. I have seen her every film from Winter's Bone to American Hustle. Two of my favorites in a film will be unbelievable.  

The news is not impossible. Shekhar Kapur has worked with a lot of big names of Hollywood. Plus, JLaw does like to do Indie-films and she has starred in films with fresh talent. A film in India should be exciting for her. 

...and YRF is not the only producer in the film
Edited by bonnefille - 10 years ago
this sounds highly unlikely, lets see.
reminded me of Meryl and sridevi project news which is nowhere 😆