actor resorting to the drastic step
While the complete forensic report on the death
of film actor V. Uday Kiran would be out only in
about six days, police sources say all evidences
gathered so far have pointed to a suicide. The
Tollywood actor had ended his life at his flat
here on Monday.
Investigators are, however, trying to ascertain
the circumstances that compelled him to do so.
Forensic doctors had preserved the viscera of the
body that would be sent to the laboratory for
further analysis. The autopsy, which was video
recorded, also reportedly deduces that it was a
suicide.
Investigators analysing call data records of the
actor have found that the actor received a call
from a friend - a certain Sharat of Neredmet -
at around 7 p.m. Sharat was classmate of the
actor's wife Vishitha. Some time later, Kiran rang
up Sharat and they had a nearly 160-seconds-
long conversation.
"Sharat said Kiran made casual talk about
general topics. But he, in turn, informed Vishitha
that Kiran sounded dull," police said.
Vishitha left the house at Srinagar Colony in
Punjagutta at around 3 p.m. to attend the
birthday party of her family friend Rohit in
Manikonda.
Earlier, her parents had come to the flat at
around 11 a.m. and stayed till 7 p.m., even after
Vishitha had left for the party. They too informed
the police that Uday Kiran was normal, talked
about general topics and in between, also had
tea with him. At 10 p.m., Vishitha sent a text
message, saying she had forgotten the battery
charger. She also tried reaching him using
phones of other friends at the party, but the
actor didn't take her calls. Later, she went to her
parents' house and called up Kiran through
another phone. As there was no response, she
rushed to the flat in Srinagar Colony, only to find
the actor dead.
Posted: 10 years ago
Chiranjeevi ruined his career, made sure he got no films, because he refused to marry his daughter.

Sad though..
Originally posted by ponymo

Chiranjeevi ruined his career, made sure he got no films, because he refused to marry his daughter.

Sad though..

Really? ... if you don't mind, could you please tell the whole story?
Edited by calmness - 10 years ago
Originally posted by calmness

Really? ... if you don't mind, could you please tell the whole story?

I don't know the entire story, but I'll tell what I know.

He debuted around ten years ago, his first three films were all big superhits. His was the most successful debut in the Telugu film industry. He suddenly became hot property. Chiranjeevi had his eyes on him because he was about to retire and Uday was this fast emerging superstar. Icing on the cake was Uday belonged to the same caste as Chiru's. So he approached him for his hand for his eldest daughter. Uday couldn't turn him down (although he was just 23 then). He got engaged to Sushmita. But something happened. And it broke. Rumour has it that they laid some ridiculous conditions before him, which he didn't approve of.

That's it, all the big offers stopped coming because no one wanted to face the wrath of Chiranjeevi. He got small movies, somehow they didn't succeed. Finally he stopped getting those also... and now this.. :(

He debuted around ten years ago, his first three films were all big superhits. His was the most successful debut in the Telugu film industry. He suddenly became hot property. Chiranjeevi had his eyes on him because he was about to retire and Uday was this fast emerging superstar. Icing on the cake was Uday belonged to the same caste as Chiru's. So he approached him for his hand for his eldest daughter. Uday couldn't turn him down (although he was just 23 then). He got engaged to Sushmita. But something happened. And it broke. Rumour has it that they laid some ridiculous conditions before him, which he didn't approve of.

That's it, all the big offers stopped coming because no one wanted to face the wrath of Chiranjeevi. He got small movies, somehow they didn't succeed. Finally he stopped getting those also... and now this.. :(

OMG ... that's sad .. if he was such a good actor and had such big hits, then maybe movie producers/directors should have given him chances instead of being scared of Chiranjeevi .. it's sad that such good hardworking talent went waste because of some influential man's ego .. shame on him

Apparently Chiranjeevi's family broke off the engagement without really much explanation. In an old interview Udaykiran mentions that he tried to get in contact with Chiranjeevi after this to maintain cordial relations, but he never got back to him.

Oh wow isn't Cheeranjeevi that guy from the Hindi Thriller music video of the 80s?🤢 He's so gross looking. I didn't know he was so big let alone command such clout.

OT: Rest in peace. 
chiranjeevi ruined his career and his true colors were coming out from tat incident and till now its not ending wat a worst person he is 
Edited by sparkle2985 - 10 years ago
@Dexter: Yeah he's pretty big in the industry. Apparently the telugu cinema industry is controlled by some of these people. Very few people from outside the industry are able to survive. And whatever chances they do get are usually snatched away.
Originally posted by adev

@Dexter: Yeah he's pretty big in the industry. Apparently the telugu cinema industry is controlled by some of these people. Very few people from outside the industry are able to survive. And whatever chances they do get are usually snatched away.

Wow. That's awful.