professionalism --a topic discussed a lot in dis forum - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
@stg1, loved what you said, i mean the whole thing. 
Loved Mr. Mandela's words about resentment, absolutely right.πŸ‘πŸΌ
thats a wonderful post !!
IF people have redefined the term " professional" now
they define it according to their whims and fancies !!

i have stopped paying heed to them now because its more of an ego issue of being proved wrong..
i wonder how none of the media people( who look out for spicy stuffs to malign the actors ) ignored such a scoop then?  where as the same media was busy jumping the guns on a certain some1 recently.. 

they haven moved on!!
i pity them.. thats all !

wonderful postπŸ˜›
Originally posted by stg1

nice post! yaar, enuff has been said about baruns professionalism now, i dont know why non-fans still feel the need to keep harping on about what they perceive it as! i wish instead of saying something which is not true, in the literal sense of the word 'professional', they would just admit they r still upset with him that he left the show and their feelings r still hurt! that's it, that would be more honest. its like someone trying to force me to hold THEIR emotional baggage, and i really dont want to carry it thank u. 

up till now, and even so recently with the ph's current show, there have been so many examples of 'unprofessional behaviour' in the tv industry, from actors and ph's and channels! so now most people can more than gauge what this word actually means. everything u said is correct, but the whole point of this dissemination is to try to knock him/his fans down, to take a falsehood and repeat it often until enough people r convinced it's a truth. fortunately this hasn't happened and majority of people love and respect this man even more. and most importantly such behaviour wont ever affect anything that barun does in his life πŸ˜ƒ 

found a wonderful quote: 

"Professionalism is the state of always putting your "best foot forward" in your verbal interaction with others, but, mostly, in your attitude. Professionalism does not tolerate disrespect to others - the sign of true professionalism is knowing how to handle the worst-case scenario, whether it be with a client, teacher or student, or even family or friends. Under the most extreme stress and pressure, true professionalism always shines through. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is a good mantra for the concept of professionalism."

who does this sound like? πŸ˜Š

oh and one more thing, i was having an interesting conversation the other day with friends about resentment and one of them reminded us of something that nelson mandela apparently once said which i love: to be resentful is like slowly swallowing the poison yourself and expecting someone else to die. 

love u barun hamesha β€οΈ

saba u know how much i love your write ups πŸ‘
always love the way u put up things in your write ups πŸ˜³
n thats y we love him πŸ˜‰
barun we miss u πŸ˜­
comeback soon πŸ˜ƒ

hope ur movie releases fast 
waiting for ur movie 
very well said.
i am a very very big fan of barun.

very apt postπŸ‘πŸΌ
I Love Barun but his lack of commitment to ipkknd will never let me watch any other show of his. i dont know whether its the maker's fault or barun's but i dont get how you can just agree for a years contract?especially knowing that hindi serials go on for years and years...
BTW he left the show before 1 year ended i think and for around 2 months - and we fans had to watch a show that long without one of the lead! and look his movie hasn't released till date and i dont know if it ever willl..His lack of commitment towards the show was seen after his return itself..his looks, mumbling through all his dialogues!
i loved his look till the forced marriage - ipk was wonderful till then but it lost it charm from there and especially after barun left :(
Sanaya on the other hand is the perfect example of professionalism<3

Great post Ankita!

It hurts me real bad when people accuse him of what he's not at fault for. There are many things we fans don't know and it's not necessary to know as well. Why it happened. How it happened. Nothing matters. It's always best to sit back and love the one you love, without any reason, without any hindrance.

Having said that, I must say that Barun is a wonderful human being, who always wishes well for others, and does everything in a very dignified manner. A thorough professional.

It's his call to do whatever he wants to, and he is under no obligation to please people. His true fans will always stand by him πŸ˜Š
Edited by .sobtian. - 10 years ago
Barun Sobti <3 watever people say doesnt effect his fans or him anyway. He is still rocking as his fans are always with him
Originally posted by stg1

nice post! yaar, enuff has been said about baruns professionalism now, i dont know why non-fans still feel the need to keep harping on about what they perceive it as! i wish instead of saying something which is not true, in the literal sense of the word 'professional', they would just admit they r still upset with him that he left the show and their feelings r still hurt! that's it, that would be more honest. its like someone trying to force me to hold THEIR emotional baggage, and i really dont want to carry it thank u. 

up till now, and even so recently with the ph's current show, there have been so many examples of 'unprofessional behaviour' in the tv industry, from actors and ph's and channels! so now most people can more than gauge what this word actually means. everything u said is correct, but the whole point of this dissemination is to try to knock him/his fans down, to take a falsehood and repeat it often until enough people r convinced it's a truth. fortunately this hasn't happened and majority of people love and respect this man even more. and most importantly such behaviour wont ever affect anything that barun does in his life πŸ˜ƒ 

found a wonderful quote: 

"Professionalism is the state of always putting your "best foot forward" in your verbal interaction with others, but, mostly, in your attitude. Professionalism does not tolerate disrespect to others - the sign of true professionalism is knowing how to handle the worst-case scenario, whether it be with a client, teacher or student, or even family or friends. Under the most extreme stress and pressure, true professionalism always shines through. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is a good mantra for the concept of professionalism."

who does this sound like? πŸ˜Š

oh and one more thing, i was having an interesting conversation the other day with friends about resentment and one of them reminded us of something that nelson mandela apparently once said which i love: to be resentful is like slowly swallowing the poison yourself and expecting someone else to die. 

love u barun hamesha β€οΈ

Another beautiful comment by you! I'm stumped after reading this! πŸ‘

@bold This is the real problem they have. People are hurt because the show ended etc etc. What they don't understand is that Barun is as much of a human being as we all are. And that he has his own decisions to make and take. He is under no obligation to please us. If and when they understand that, all this talk about professionalism will die down.
Originally posted by -GredForge-

I Love Barun but his lack of commitment to ipkknd will never let me watch any other show of his. i dont know whether its the maker's fault or barun's but i dont get how you can just agree for a years contract?especially knowing that hindi serials go on for years and years...
BTW he left the show before 1 year ended i think and for around 2 months - and we fans had to watch a show that long without one of the lead! and look his movie hasn't released till date and i dont know if it ever willl..His lack of commitment towards the show was seen after his return itself..his looks, mumbling through all his dialogues!
i loved his look till the forced marriage - ipk was wonderful till then but it lost it charm from there and especially after barun left :(
Sanaya on the other hand is the perfect example of professionalism<3

@Bold I think it doesn't depend on the actor,  because even KSG had just one year contract or if it depends then I think if your show is not getting that much popularity and you are not happy with the role then, I personally think you should not bound to it for too much time, with this I don't say that he doesn't liked ASR's character. 

For eg. I loved the character when the author tell me the storyline, but then with the progressing of the show the character isn't like it was showed, so it is good if my contract it's on a short term ,it mean I can quit after it ends, but if it isn't then I have to do something that I don't love.

@Bold and italic: actually I liked the show after he returned, I loved the way he flirted with Khushi cared for her and everything. I personally thing the problem started when there was this leave thing. 

And personally we don't know as the facts are, we can get an idea of everything that happened relying on the news, gossips and on the statements of others, but at the end of the day, I don't think we will be able to say what actually happened and why it happened, the real reason behind all this.

And about Barun well I don't know if you have seen Baat Hamari Pakki Hai, I think that show explain how much and for how long he can  commit himself with something.  

P.S. I'm not here to defend anyone, I like Barun but I DON'T LOVE him, i'm not crazy about him like others are, bucause i fall in love with the character and not with the  actor, and I LOVE ASR., both of them are poles apart. But I RESPECT him. 

Edited by Preet.Kc - 10 years ago