Jodha Akbar

7th Jan JA-JO 'Oh beating heart, so here you are!'

lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

JODHA- KANHA
'Even if he punishes me for having met up with Shareefuddin in the prison, I'd have to tell him about the impending danger to his life' πŸ‘

JASHAN
A jashan on Adham's name - can it ever be straightforwardπŸ˜†? Nevertheless, the Naagin arrived (even her BGM has started getting to meπŸ˜† I fail to see the point of covering her face with a transparent cloth, when nothing much else about her physical attributes has been left to the imagination! Yes yes I know, its the Arabian tribal dance costume...πŸ˜›)

Jodha too made her way at this time - to tell the Shehenshah about the secret that'd been eating her up. I understand she was totally worried for his safety, but I'm glad they didn't show the queen parading into a Bachelor's party - (as us forum-waasis have nicknamed it) it would have totally been unbecoming of her status. I for one, am glad Maham stopped her there. (I'd shudder to walk into such a party today - forget a 16th c respectable queen like hers present in oneπŸ˜†)

*Sigh* so the lady who'd been paid a hefty sum and summoned all the way from Dubai for the sole purpose of gyrating her hips around the men - finally did so! It was all right - nothing exceptional. The men were enjoying it or at least acting like they were doing so (Well, at least the Arabian music was a soother - I'm a fan of the genre!πŸ˜›)

A couple of minutes on and the lady moves on to her prime target - the king. He begins enjoying the dance and tries enjoying her attention - with a glass in his hand. No sooner than she caresses his face, he takes a sip, looks up and the 'Kaneez' had disappeared. The young man is shocked to no end - in his place was the one person he was battling to get away from. The one person he wanted NOT to be haunted by anymore. Yet, there she was smiling at him - running her fingers through his locks. At this point, Jalal had to move away from her TOUCH. After all, it was the one thing he didn't want to WANT!

Soon after, the hallucination disappeared briefly and Ben was back in place serenading the king, who once again started responding with a smile. All this, just when Jodha witnessed the ongoing leela between Jalal and Benazir! (The scene was poorly directed with the queen in plain view for all to see, nevertheless it was significant for other reasons and I'm happy to overlook a few directorial glitches here)

Seething with fury and burning with jealousy at the sight of it all, the sorry queen runs to her chamber to pray to the Lord 'The Emperor must have spent many-a-night with baandhis and queens..then why am I facing this restlessness now when I just caught him with Benazir?'

Again we heard the tell-tale Jai Jagadeesh Hare - I'm guessing a deliberate indication (the very tune that'd played the last time his life was in danger too - when Jodha was trying to save his life and those special doctors had been stopped by Adham's and Shareef's soldiers on their way to Agra) 

Strangely enough, she also brought forth the example of Radha-Krishna in her prayer 'You've been known to have many consorts too...yet, Radha is the only one with whom your name has eternally been taken..she holds prime position in your life...'
Her hands still folded, the troubled lady continues 'When I've never felt anything for the Shehenshah till date, then why am I suddenly experiencing this surge of emotions for him now?'
For a wife who'd always claimed that it made no difference whosoever her husband spent the night with, ACTUALLY watching him being the subject of another's attentions turns out to be a wake-up call! She finally came to face with her possessiveness. 

How ironical that in the numerous times in their short history, when Jalal had been loyal in his affections to her, Jodha had actually spurned his benign gestures as cheap. Now when she actually has seen a sight where he's not being entirely loyal to her affections, she didn't accuse him of any such. On the contrary, all her thoughts towards him have turned benign!

Today, my dear - you have come to face with the fact that you are in love with him - because, today you wanted him not to be another's. You wanted him to be yours DESPITE his fault and shortcomings. You wanted him to be safe whether he'd be yours or not! I absolutely adored both Jodha and Paridhi in this scene. 

Also the striking contrast between two scenes was shot well - something seemingly pure i.e. Jodha's prayers in front of Kanha alternating with something seemingly not-so-pure i.e. a party loaded with alcohol and skin show!

Back at the Jashan - watching the escalating 'hotness' between Jalal and Benazir, the men decide to take leave. A very quick end to the Bachelor party - something that even managed to puzzle MAπŸ˜†!
Nevertheless, as Benazir inched closer to him (At this point I was getting quite annoyed of her hand-wriggling actions constantly swirming around his face...) the king once again saw HER face - getting closer and closer and closer to him. 
Unable to take the confusion and the mind-games any longer, he pushes her away assuming fate was playing some form of cruel game with him. 

Though many parallels can be drawn between this shove of Jalal's and Jodha's shove of him a few nights ago - the prime aspect remains that both did so out of fear!
Jodha who was not ready to take her relationship with him to the next level, pushed him away - she was guarding her virginity and her feelings!
Jalal who is not emotionally aware that his feelings for Jodha have already moved on to the next level , pushed her away - he is guarding his misconception that he is indeed 'heartless'. He fears ever having to accept the fact that he has a heart and it beats for HER - the one woman who's never reciprocated his affections in kind so far. 

When he was cordial with her, he never realized that he was absolutely enjoying the feeling of 'falling in love' and now that he feels rejected, he just takes on the facade of being 'heartless' to protect himself from further hurt! 

'I hate you Jodha' Jalal echoes on one side - while MA who'd seen and heard it all echoes something else on the other side - in contrast 'Try as I can, I'm unable to keep Jodha away from Jalal!'
^^^That line pretty much summed up that entire scene!

MA-BENAZIR

When I say, MA gets the best dialogues in this show I don't say it just because
'Forcing yourself upon a man who's heart and mind is elsewhere doesn't generally work...but, you tried your best nevertheless!' she tells Benazir

JODHA-HAKIM-BENAZIR

I'm growing quite fond of Jodha-Hakim's relationship. It would be quite tragic when Hakim turns against Akdha. However, I understand that the CVs are following the path of history.

Argh! The following scene - I was really hoping we'd have to see no more of snakes-poison-history of Vishkanya-licking slithering snakes etc. Alas! Please CVs show us all this in FF mode if you want - we'd totally understand!
I mean what was the point of the Vishkanya ki ek anokhi daastaan - like it made any difference to the story at all!

The moment the story shifted to Shivani and Hakim, it instantly felt uplifting!

This shows how positive Jodha has become with her life at Agra. Six months ago, she'd have taken her parents to task if they'd even brought up something so. She's changed now. She is able to see beyond MA and Benazir - she's able to see Agra for Hameeda, Salima, Rahim, Jiji, Atgah and PRIMARILY her teda bhatka-hua Jalal! However, this decision of Jodha's is going to backfire seeing how she's failed to consult her sister about it. 

PRECAP
Ameri tune - absolute music to my ears! πŸ‘

Watching Jalal's 'plan-filled' eyes, I'm getting a bit worried. Generally, in his tiffs against Jodha he's never mistreated her family - I hope he keeps up this stance of his.😊
My take - Jodha was at her adorable best today and Jalal's muddled mind rattling us as much as it is him. 
Bar the long ode to Vishkanya's history the episode was a much needed stepping stone in this 'heart-quest' journey of Jodha and Jalal

Edited by lashy - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kalluchirpy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
superb analysis Lashy..I see all our JA writers r back to form from yesterday...thnk goodness..

Cv's pls dont spoil our forum happiness, maintain your earlier pace and pls spare our shahenshah return his brains back by putting end to ben track...

I was so happy when I heard ameri music in the precap..it was vry refreshing...true something is cooking in Jalal's mind in precap...
lashy thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kalluchirpy

superb analysis Lashy..I see all our JA writers r back to form from yesterday...thnk goodness..

Hey thanks yaar...πŸ˜ƒI can see everyone's upset with the episode.. I tried to put a positive spin to it...

Cv's pls dont spoil our forum happiness, maintain your earlier pace and pls spare our shahenshah return his brains back by putting end to ben track...
I truly hopeπŸ˜•

I was so happy when I heard ameri music in the precap..it was vry refreshing...true something is cooking in Jalal's mind in precap...
I just hope its something worthwhile πŸ˜†

petrichorr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Ive not see the episode yet...But your analysis highlights the positives beautifully ...that I may just catch it online before it airs.

Editing/Direction has actually been awful last couple of days. Even yesterday - when Shivani sees Jalaal in the night. Likewise the Tulsi scene...But since those scenes were stellar, didn't complain much.

As much as I like the Ameri tune and the gang, Am not too keen about the Shiva-Tej-Hakim Saga .
Shivani barely looks a teen to me. And this Shivani-Tej story means more drama and heart aches.

Any case It looks like Jodha is finally realizing her feelings for Jalaal.
I liked the way you've beautifully pointed out how Jodha has come a long way since her wedding to the extent she is rooting for Shivani-Hakim.

Benazir not able to kill Jalaal is a bit lame... As I hear all she needs to do is lick/bite ANY part of his body.

aanchal_c thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i have a feeling jalal might announce that he is also marrying benazir,i hope that dosent happen though,but yes we could see jalal's pain thru his drunk demeanor,but then why does he still joke around and tease jodha if he hates her so so much...
ppluvkuch thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Fankly speaking i was thora confused over the dakka scene...bura bhi laga tha...u cleard it for me...ur right ma s dialogue sumd it up...indeed jo was close...rather she has become very close to jalal...

And one more thng ... I didnt get why jodha mentnd radha...whats her point
ppluvkuch thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: aanchal_c

i have a feeling jalal might announce that he is also marrying benazir,i hope that dosent happen though,but yes we could see jalal's pain thru his drunk demeanor,but then why does he still joke around and tease jodha if he hates her so so much...

yeh kya keh dia anchal...ben se shadi...ab toh nind nai ayegi mujhe...dhat teri ki
--Aashi-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awesome analysis lashy di!!!
I was worried you might not do one since the mood in the forum is pretty damp ...I did not find the epi cringe-worthy except for the Benazir's hand movements of course 🀣

Finally jodha is realizing her feelings for jalal
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
U love saawariya,no? πŸ˜‰ 
Res :P

EDIT. 

Highpoints : 

-Rajat's performance in the pushing scene. πŸ‘ Perfection to the T. In that delirious state,he was supposed to look confused,angry,hurt-all at the same time. And Mr.Perfection pulled it off really well. Not to forget his repulsive hand gestures aimed at her,plus his specialty-dialogue delivery.

-Next highpoint,Jodha's almost realisation. I was actually hoping that the "eureka" moment would happen rightaway,with kanhaa jee blessing her with a phool or something. But,its okay,she is close. Im keeping my fingers crossed. 

Lowpoints :

-How on earth is crawling/twisting in crooked ways called dance? πŸ˜³ I was hoping for some good belly dancing atleast from Ben. But all we got was some sleazy PT exercises. Didn't like it one bit. Funny thing was when she twisted and turned,even when there no music. πŸ€”
Benazir,listen to me-you are not a snake. Sure you are more vicious,but seriously,stop doing that creepy dance. You scared the hell out of me.

Other random points : I ship ShiKim πŸ˜ƒ They make such a cute pair! And Mirza is quite cute. Shivani,do me a favour and please dont elope? It would save everyone a lot of energy. 

P.s : That saawariya reference was to the blue colour u use to highlight πŸ˜† I loved saawariya btw πŸ˜†
Edited by disha15 - 10 years ago
lashy thumbnail
Originally posted by: prejudiced

Ive not see the episode yet...But your analysis highlights the positives beautifully ...that I may just catch it online before it airs.

Editing/Direction has actually been awful last couple of days. Even yesterday -when Shivani sees Jalaal in the night. Likewise the Tulsi scene...But since those scenes were stellar, didn't complain much.
As much as I like the Ameri tune and the gang, Am not too keen about the Shiva-Tej-Hakim Saga .
Shivani barely looks a teen to me. And this Shivani-Tej story means more drama and heart aches.
Any case It looks like Jodha is finally realizing her feelings for Jalaal.
I liked the way you've beautifully pointed out how Jodha has come a long way since her wedding to the extent she is rooting for Shivani-Hakim.
Benazir not able to kill Jalaal is a bit lame... As I hear all she needs to do is lick/bite ANY part of his body.

Ben needs to leave ASAP...everything else is good...something somewhere is needed to.take the story forwArd...so, this will be it I guess...the shivani hakim angle, I mean...
😊
As for jodha realising her feelings, yes here it is!
Thanks da!
1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Next