India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon... Ek Baar Phir

The after party-7th January (Page 3)

Neelum.drashti IF-Addictz
Neelum.drashti
Neelum.drashti

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 12:20pm | IP Logged

Shlokie bear's honey pot is also not less when her ego is concernedStern Smile.this cracked me up mistiLOL. yeah i felt anjali is emotionally attached too and shlok got angrier by the moment she refused his family members. baby bear doesn't like to hear no and neither want it in anywhere in the vicinity of A planet. varad and vanayak are too much for mere words! but i liked when varad tried to calm shlok down, that was actually nice thing to do but one thing is clear these guy will always support shlok.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gmgimisti73

Neelum.drashti
Neelum.drashti

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Awesome post.

Originally posted by Angie12

Myra,  great title.
First of all,  usually Shlokie amuses me and he did that today too.  But the tiny sympathy I had for him yesterday was gone today.  

Not that anybody except for Kalindi to a degree was shown in good light today. So starting from that point:

Varad and Vinayak - Two peas in a pod

Niranjan is evil and so anything can be expected from him.  But it were the "good guys" Varad and Vinayak who came across looking really bad.  In fact, considering how they,  it is not surprising that Shlok has turned out to be like that - a teenager in a body of a grown up person.  

So both Varad and Vinayak are indulgent towards Shlok.  They were shocked that their illusions of an Agnihotri having a normal relationship turned out to be myth.  Not that they should be surprised.  The self-centered uncle-nephew never bothered to see that the vivacious Astha was so subdued since the wedding night.  Or that there was no excitement in her when Shlok was taking her for honeymoon.  

Anyway, today they took the cake.  Both followed Astha in hopes of persuading her to stay.  Both were still admitting that Shlok was wrong.  But it seemed as if it was a small mistake Shlok had done in the marriage and that also due to a big understanding that Astha insulted the Lord of the House.  Once the misunderstanding is removed,  Shlok will get back to his nice self.  They were pleading with Astha to stay back so that she can bring some change in the household and change the misbehaving son of the family.  

So how different are they from those families who find a nice girl for their wayward son so that she can mend his ways - something they have been themselves unable to do.  I really wanted Astha to whack them rather than give in to their "humble" requests.  

Then to top it all,  Varad goes to Shlok's room and is trying to lecture him to control his ego and call Astha especially as he is expected to bring back Astha per baba's commands.  Varad had no problem with baba telling Shlok that he needed to bring Astha back.  There is no showing disapproval that what Shlok did was atrocious - destroying a girl's life and then mentally torturing her and her family.  Of course Varad wants Astha back so that he can continue to throw in Sojal's face how great Astha is, who despite Shlok's behavior, is putting up with everything because family and husband comes first for her.  So Astha is a tool for Varad to have his illusions as well as to use her as comparison against Sojal.  That way he can indulge in self pity that he did not get what he wanted in his life.  Vinayak wants Astha back because Astha can do what he and Varad cannot do - take a stand against anything.

Really, is any Agnihotri male member normal?  Shlok and Varad can be excused because not much can be expected from them considering the dysfunctional environment they have seen from the childhood with Anjali and Niranjan as the dysfunctional parents.  But what about Vinayak?  Is it because grandpa kicked the bucket too soon and Niranjan brought him up.  Or maybe the old guy grandpa was same as Niranjan and then there was Tai (Niranjan's sister) as an example.

True, but i don't have high hopes from them since the pati pujan day, when they left aastha alone at the mercy of rest of clan. if they really wanted to help they soul have supported her and refuse to budge from there.

Astha

Astha is back home after selecting her maayaka. She also told Ajju that she had no desire to talk to Shlok as she hated Shlok. But then why is she crying so much leaving the house and why was she apologizing to Varad/Vinayak duo for not agreeing to their request to stay back.  Even in the parking lot, she only remembered the scenes where Shlok rescued her.  These scenes were from HM track.  So by this time, there is no pretense between Astha and Shlok.  So Astha is remembering genuine good parts about Shlok including him rescuing her from the water.  But she did not remember that he is the one who pushed her in the water in the first place and was then taunting her.  She also remembered him rescuing from the snake and then taking her to the temple to save her life.  She did not remember his refusal to rescue her from the pit until she apologized.

Also it seems that she has not told her parents the entire truth.   It seems that she has told them about Shlok marrying her because of revenge.  But she has not told them about Shlok trapping Avdhoot.  Otherwise, Kalindi would have marched to Agnihotri household and whacked him.
Agreed, aastha shouldn't hide anything. i would love it if kalindi whack NA too. he so deserves it.

Now the Kirloskers

Am I the only one who find Kalindi more strong than either Ajju or Avdhoot?  Avdhoot can be strong but it takes a long time for him to wake up.  Ajju was blind and she was acting like Varad/Vinayak that Shlokie made a mistake and he must be calling to apologize.  Now I have to use Gabbar dialogue - kis chakki ka aata khati hai or from which mill she is getting her flour.  Is this the Ajju who gave refuge to abused Kalindi.  Here she is treating as a small spat between husband and wife.

Avdhoot is in shock and speechless.  Probably like Varad, his illusions of a perfect son-in-law who is like a son, are broken.  So he is not able to react much.  Or maybe because he did not support Kalindi in opposing the engagement,  he too wants to think that Shlok is just immature and will suddenly become ok.

Kalindi's reaction was more normal.  She was the only one worried after that ultimatum from Anjali.  Then she was furious at learning the truth and was supporting Astha.  But her first instinct was to call Anjali to verbally lash at her for Shlokie.  I will give her behavior a pass for today though ego was at display, because any strong mother would be outraged to know that somebody played with her daughter's emotions.  I am actually looking forward to her battles with Shlok and Anjali as she is the only one who would be resisting sending Astha to Agnihotris.  I want her to give hell to Shlok and so as of now I am rooting for Kalindi.

No, you are right, i found kalindi to be admirable today.

Finally,  Shlokie the kameena egoistic kid...Coming up 

ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angie12

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Updated on Page 2

Neelum.drashti

Neelum.drashti
Neelum.drashti

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
@angie shlokie bear knows his honey very well, he knows that he has mucked up big time and it hurts him that he tried to explain to her twice that he did not get her dad in jail and yet she doesn't listen. So, what to do? of course what he does best, ''get revenge'' this way his ego is safe .
Honestly you are right, he can not only doctorate but can become a professor too! what shlok missed in childhood is being grounded for his mistakes. now, he is too far gone.

Angie12misti73

Myra.nelly IF-Sizzlerz
Myra.nelly
Myra.nelly

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by misti73

The episode starts with Astha firmly stating that shStern Smilee has chosen her parents over her in laws and that she is proud of her parents because her parents have always taught her to take the right decisions in life. So marrying Shloke was a right decision?ErmmStern Smile In her vision yes, he was the perfect boy for her back then and her parents trusted her choice.Shlokie bear's honey pot is also not less when her ego is concerned. Anjali initially has a look of fear (she could not give Neeranjan the second gift) but then she her expression changed. I thought that she was trying to hold back her emotions and she had a very poignant look on her face. That poignancy in her expression was also present when Kavya tearfully requested Astha not to go because she loves her a lot. After Kavya's plea when the camera zoomed on Anjali's face, I felt that Anjali has developed some sort of emotions for Asha and she was trying to hold them.good point misti i too feel she has a soft corner for ashta, i guess she feels nostalgic, she must have been the same in her younger days. Needless to say Neeranjan was furious.  Astha bragged in front of everyone that her parents have always taught her to make the right decisions...wonder what will be her reaction when she gets to know of Avdhut's decision regarding signing the land deal? When Kavya was declaring her love for her chachi, the camera also zoomed on Shloke's furious face. Poor baby is furious that Astha does not believe him and his ego is not letting him acknowledge some truths.Yes poor baby, I won't say that the emotions in him can be described as love but there is something that might be described as his need regarding Astha acknowledging his importance in her life. The seeds that were planted by the pandit outside the temple have taken their roots. By the way I liked the use of a child to project the emotions of two adults who will themselves not acknowledge the truth. Anjali and Shloke are also in their own ways like a child...like a child they are inherently very open, are emotional and like a child they can also be very vindictive when things don't go their way (children can sometimes be very cruel).Oh yes kids can be cruel creatures, i just look in my brothers circle of friends..they are mean with the ones that they think are weaker than them and very vindictive..

Astha bids adieu and Neeranjan is actually panicking because the control is slipping from his hands and it is a slip of a girl who is doing itLOL.Oh yeah i liked his expressions, manish was very good in this sceneAnjali is apprehensive seeing Neeranjan's expression, she knows that she will have to face the repercussionsOuch.  Varad and Vinayak, the two weak  follow Astha trying to make her understand. Both project themselves to be well wishers of Astha, but both did not for once ask Astha regarding her feelings, her needs and desires. Instead, Vinayak told her he wants her to stay because he thought that she can change things and Varad tried to convince her that Shloke is really not that badStern Smile. Astha sticks to her decision and leaving with a heavy heart because she really does not want to leave and she is doing this since Shloke does not value her. Astha's flashbacks of the times when Shloke protected her and since these instances were when Shloke was also proclaiming that he hates her shows that deep down she also wants to believe that Shloke does not hate her and that he has some feelings for her.    

I actually felt sorry for her, alone at night, all vulnerable with broken heart and dream wasted on someone who doesnt appreciate what life has given him..someone who refuses to move on..

The scene shifts to cobra's den I mean Neeranjan's den where he starts on his manipulation on his baccha. First he praises Shloke for his high thoughts regarding believing that there is a halo around his baba's head and then his silvery tongue starts his work. He tells Shloke that he has chosen the wrong path...so the intentions were right but the way of doing it is wrong.OfcourseLOL In other words please do torture Astha for me but do it without her knowledge and do not give any chance to the outer world to be aware of what you are doing. This was following by the sermon that marriage is a very sacred institution and Shloke has played with it. What rot!Stern Smile No I don't mean that marriage is a sacred institution part, I meant Neeranjan believing in it. If he really believed in the sanctity of marriage then he wouldn't have been beating and bullying Anjali...he would have been respecting and caring for her. He would have also been a true father to his kids and not have used them for his benefit. He wants Shloke to bring back Astha because of the public image and that people learn things from watching this family...or in other words him. By the way if he is so careful regarding this image business then shouldn't he personally make sure that Shloke apologizes for his behavior, accepts his mistakes and makes up for it and then brings back Astha with respect? Or is it that the image thingy is also a sham and he wants Shloke to bring back Astha because Astha did not bow down in front of him?Stern SmileGood catch protecting his image thingy cant be  more imp now more than him controlling ashta the one who dared to say no baba.Shloke tells him that it is not possible for him to live with that girl anymore and Neeranjan's words implies that he does not care about Shloke's emotions, he has to bring Astha back because she is the DIL of this family. The scene ends with Shloke stepping into the dark. Interestingly during this entire conversation Varad was standing with his mother.I saw that too, he was like under her protecion standing a lil behind her..or is it just my ilusionConfused anywho i liked how the scene was shot..NA and shlok were exchanging a coulpe of lines then the reaction of the crowd was shown..pretty interesting.

Since Astha is no longer in his life Shloke is back to drinking (Astha did fill up the emptiness in his life...he also most got so busy winding her up that he did not have time to brood. Neeranjan did make the right choice regarding Astha as Shloke's wife).  He is again back to his baba rant that Astha dared to walk away and not listen to his baba (he knows why his baba is really angry and it is not about any image business)...which actually translates to Shloke being angry at Astha for not paying him any attentionD'oh.Yes yes, but i wont ever understand why people drink when they are sad.. nd i dnt buy the saying it numbs u..nope in my opinion alchool doesnt do thatTongue He picks up the picture frame containing the picture of the Kirloskar family and he walks to the brighter side of the room to throw the picture frame at the mirror...his alter ego is destroyed. Varad enters and tries to make Shloke understand that he should bring Astha back. Varad this time did point out that Shloke was wrong in the way that he treated Astha and that he should rectify his mistake. When that resulted in a tantrum display from ShlokeStern Smile, Varad tried convincing him by using the magic word baba. When Varad wants to do something then he can do it but when will Varad pay attention to his own life and accept the mistakes that he has committed?Stern SmileIs he doing all this because he is well wisher of Astha or to bring her back by hook or crook? He tried convincing Astha that Shloke is good and when that did not work he is trying with Shloke. The way Shloke said that Astha has no choice but to return because he has married her made me chuckle...he is a kid at heart and this kid is terribly hurt that his favorite toy refuses to play with him. Varad manages to convince Shloke to call Astha and Shoke decides to make the call but he makes it clear that he is doing it for babaLOL. Of course when Shloke calls Astha she refuses to acknowledge his calls because according her Shloke will never acknowledge his mistake. True he won't do it openly but chances are that he will do it by actions. Anyway now he is not in the mood for any sorry and the time for that is not now but later. Anyway Shloke declares that he will bring Astha home and that this time it is all in the open because he hates her...but then why was he hitting the window pane in frustrationErmm. Anyway if now Shloke decides that there won't be anything false between him and Astha then Neeranjan is in trouble. Will Neeranjan step in to control Astha since he is the good guy or will he employ Anjali for this project? Will Anjali be forced to change her tactics?I want to see neeranjan for once doing smth by himself..i think only then ashta will get to know his true colors.

Among the Kirloskars it is ajju and Avdhut who are worried and want to take cautious steps. Kalindi is ready to battle the Agnihotris for daring to trouble her cub. She also with open arms accepted Astha and is now ready to skin Shloke alive. When she asked Astha that why didn't she tell them the truth, Asha told her that she was confused...that she was but the confusion was not only about what was happening with her but it was also about her feelings for Shloke...she was searching for the image that she fell in love with.I liked kalindi s reaction, now i know from where  ashta got her fiery nature.

I think along with Shloke Ganpati bappa is also playing his games with AsthaWink...when Astha was crying in her room (brilliant scene ..Astha crying in the dark with the bangles in the front) she asked bappa why was this happening to her. Well she is the one who wanted Shloke and she is the one who still wants Shloke. Wonder which journey is her bappa going to take her on...He knows what her heart desires for.Moi too noticed the banglesBig smile i liked the scene as it looked natural..every human being has question god like this some time in their life..

gmgimisti73

Myra.nelly IF-Sizzlerz
Myra.nelly
Myra.nelly

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Operaqueen

Originally posted by Myra.nelly

Ok am starting with my favorite part of today, and that is Shlokie and his constant battle with his ego and his desire to obey daddy's ordersWink

An after party  happens usualy after a spoilt or booring party, between few people and usually involves boozeTongueWink lots of itTongue Our star of today, Mr.shlok agnihotri is having a lil after 'party' of his own, in his room, havng his fav drink and talking to miss Ashta kirloskar, do notice he stopped calling her agnihotriWink and my favorite tune is on, the one that i used to call guns and rosesEmbarrassed i really love that backround sound for shlokie it anounces when he turns into a really bad boyEmbarrassed 
Coming to his dialogue, he stares at that photo as if one look of his  could destroy ashta and says that she has a big ego, and thats y she left the house and humiliated his baba once againROFLReally mister shlokie? its easy for u to see the ego in ashta but urs, which is as big as an elephant bcomes invisible to youLOL Seriously? u are using this husky and menacing voice to warn ashta at her upcoming doom bcoz of daddy or bcoz she left u?!
 The intensity of his anger reaches such hights that he throws the photo in his favorite mirror,breaking it,  interrupting the connection he had with his reflection, his alter ego. So what now, shlokie turned completly a badie, driven by the hate will go on and kill his last chance to have a normal life with ashta?Confused Or what?!
Varad too comes into the picture, complaing he has lost the reason of his dreams, ashta,,and yeah, coz his brother is ruining his life by letting ashta go, i liked that he wanted to knock some sense into him saying ashtas place is with him...now shokies answer was interesting..She is married to me, she must come back! Now shlokie baby u are confusing me, earlier u called herkirloskar, u didnt care abt the marriage and ripped her mangalsutra and now u r saying she must come back to You? Now how daddy is going to fit in this picture?ConfusedLOL
Shlokie is just a big big baby who is throwing tantrums, who previously got scolded by papa coz he is palying with his dignity and his family pride with his games with ashta and he has to come back! Shlokie is annoyed that he suggested somth that he already wanted to doLOLROFL I can relate to that, its like when mom tells u to take the garbage out just when u are already putting it in the bin..really irritatingLOL

Ashta and neeranjan coming up..

Great one Myra, loved the part in bold. Smile
Thank you Smile
Myra.nelly IF-Sizzlerz
Myra.nelly
Myra.nelly

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rbb1

God someone needs to break his ego
He himself has to stop it from rulling his life but First he has to admit he has one 

gmgi

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 12:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angie12

Finally,  Shlokie the egoistic kid 

If "Ego" was a degree taught in an University,  Shlokie the kiddie would have earned a doctorate in it. LOLLOL  Good one Angie. So first of all he showed his tantrum to his baba that he does not want that "toy" back as the toy is not behaving accordingly. LOL  Yeh just like kids don't want toys that don't fulfill their demands.  Astha is his property the way he was fuming.  So despite telling the baba that he did not want her back, he came to the room and looked at Astha's family picture.

But did he not break that picture on the wedding night.  So how did it get repaired.  Did Astha repair it and put it back.  In any case, he was furious that Astha chose her family over him.  He decided to add more imagined crimes to Astha's growing list of crimes, where she has again insulted his baba by walking out on him.  Why does it seem as if baba has become an excuse for him to go after Astha.  Baba is going to have a fainting spell if he realizes that he is using him as an excuse to settle scores with Astha for leaving him. Baba will also have a heart attack if he comes to know that his bacha went to meet Suresh and shook him like a rag doll so that he is not proven to be liar in front of Astha...that he did it before he came to meet his baba. Subconsciusly Astha has taken precedence over baba.  

So he used Astha's family picture to break the mirror that shows his alter ego.  This after drinking a glass of his favorite whisky.  Then he was telling Varad that he is acting more like Astha's brother than his brother. That scene was amusing.  So all that brother talk of Astha was also chafing him.  Why should it not when he is being indulged by everyone.  Varad was trying to placate him rather than blasting him for going to such extremes.  That's why Shlok does not think that he has done anything wrong.  No one is there to teach him about right and wrong.  Yes...no one told him off because they are all after something.

He told Varad that he should not take Astha's sides because she is not a sweet person that he (Varad) imagines her to be.  So Shlokie's ego is hurt that his brother is liking Astha more than him.  He was really amusing when he told Varad that Astha would not take his calls.  But then when she does not and switches her phone off, his ego is stung.  So despite whatever he was telling Niranjan,  Astha's real crime is that she dared to hurt Shlokie's feelings.  Anybody would think that Shlok has not got any attention in childhood the way he is acting. and that might be the truth...Anjali is too busy in keeping Neeranjan happy and Neeranjan does not care for anyone other than himself.  That's why Shloke is on a much more shakier ground than Astha. 

Angie12fm05

Go to top