uppaas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
7 years  age  gap  is a lot...
I have a son ..after some years if he brings a girl home that he wants to marry who is 7 years older I will have a problem and will try to talk to him out of it..

So I ask u all even the young one s if u take a young hubby to u parents will they b ok...

or if age difference is no issue at all 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vinee_vinee thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I married a guy 3 years younger to me...when I told My parents before introducing him they were skeptical but after meeting him they were fine...Initially there are various things which goes in the minds of parents. ...like due to age ga o will they be compatible. ...if the guy is younger is he well settled...does he have the requisite maturity to handle a relationship. ...is he sensible enough to take that decision and it's not a spur of the moment.
This would be foolish to think that such a relationship will not be questioned by parents...
Similarly...guys parents would like yo know of the girl is serious for the guy...is she of an understanding nature to adjust with a younger guy...is she too dominant that the son is son is under her influence which will effect the marriage later...
uppaas thumbnail

Originally posted by: vinee_vinee

I married a guy 3 years younger to me...when I told My parents before introducing him they were skeptical but after meeting him they were fine...Initially there are various things which goes in the minds of parents. ...like due to age ga o will they be compatible. ...if the guy is younger is he well settled...does he have the requisite maturity to handle a relationship. ...is he sensible enough to take that decision and it's not a spur of the moment.

This would be foolish to think that such a relationship will not be questioned by parents...
Similarly...guys parents would like yo know of the girl is serious for the guy...is she of an understanding nature to adjust with a younger guy...is she too dominant that the son is son is under her influence which will effect the marriage later...

Exactly thank u for being so frank and yes u  are right..but in this case 7 years is a  bit too much...
its like next generation..so Dv mom dad are justified...

ak75 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I discussed this with my hubby yday while watching the show. He was very amused with my liking for YG😳 ðŸ˜† I told him...u think from the point of view of a father...if our son brings a girl 7 yrs older to him will u agree ?? He immediately said a big NO.
Raatri thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
initially they will show concern about it...but i think finally they will agree ...if they see that we both are serious about the relation. If other side parents also have no problem then ...100 % yes...I CAN SAY THIS ABOUT MY PARENTS...
uppaas thumbnail

Originally posted by: ak75

I discussed this with my hubby yday while watching the show. He was very amused with my liking for YG😳 ðŸ˜† I told him...u think from the point of view of a father...if our son brings a girl 7 yrs older to him will u agree ?? He immediately said a big NO.

exactly...i was thing the same in  10 yrs my son will be 27 and i will hv a problem with marrying a older girl and 7 yrs is big diff
uppaas thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raatri

initially they will show concern about it...but i think finally they will agree ...if they see that we both are serious about the relation. If other side parents also have no problem then ...100 % yes...I CAN SAY THIS ABOUT MY PARENTS...

yes but u as a daughter will try to convince them whole heartedly..if ur parents protest or will give in like sanchi...

koyelbasu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vinee_vinee

Really, nice to know this. 😊
One of my cousin bro also 3yrs younger than my bhabi. Recently, my nephew married to a girl 4yrs elder than him. We accepted them easily.
2 -5 yrs is ok for me but 7 yrs a little much. My daughter is 14 yrs old . I can accept 3/4 yrs younger SIL if the guy is well educated & belongs to an educated family. But, I will be not ok with 7yrs but if he is really good & I feel their bonding , understanding & love is really strong then I have to accept it. But, won't try to separate them because of age gap.
uppaas thumbnail

Originally posted by: koyelbasu

Really, nice to know this. 😊
One of my cousin bro also 3yrs younger than my bhabi. Recently, my nephew married to a girl 4yrs elder than him. We accepted them easily.
2 -5 yrs is ok for me but 7 yrs a little much. My daughter is 14 yrs old . I can accept 3/4 yrs younger SIL if the guy is well educated & belongs to an educated family. But, I will be not ok with 7yrs but if he is really good & I feel their bonding , understanding & love is really strong then I have to accept it. But, won't try to separate them because of age gap.

bang on...My  children are 17 n 16 ...if they want to marry a person 3-4older i hv no problem but 7 years is a bit too much...that why Sanchi treats DV like shit if Dv s mom sees the way sanchi shouts atDvshe will freak out
Raatri thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: uppaas

yes but u as a daughter will try to convince them whole heartedly..if ur parents protest or will give in like sanchi...

no i wont give in easily...
...its hard to find love nowdays...so i will be more like DV...in my approach...jab bhagwan ne aapki zindagi me pyar ko bheja hain ...toh use jaane mat do...kyunki pata nahi phir bhagwan ka mood bane ya na bane...😊