Ranvee - Ratan's lost son

Posted: 10 years ago
Hi,
Ranvee the cute, adorable and simpleton son and brother of ratan and veera has grown up on same principals as his father and as hard-working as his mother.

Some where down the line the son of Ratan and Sampooran Singh has lost his identity and now the only identity of ranvee is that of veera's brother.

Very brothers love their younger siblings the way Ranvee, even fewer of them can sacrifice everything for their siblings.

However, what ranvee doesn't realize is that he is also the son and only hope of his widow mother who has sacrificed all her life to feed her family.

Now with no happiness left in her life and her growing debts thanks largely due to ranvee's sacrificial streak she has her last hope of happiness taken away from her,

Ranvee in his love for veera has forgotten that he has some sense of duty towards his mother...by continuing to sacrifice every thing dear to him he is taking ratan away from not only veera but himself.

It;s about time Ranvee brings back ratan's lost son or he may have nothing left to lose.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NamuVyas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
actually also somewhere ratan is kind of responsible for a lot of things.. when ranvi was small she refused to take care of the baby veera.. even so that when she was crying in hunger she dint give milk to her.. ranvi took up the resposible of veera when she was an infant.. he bunked school to take care of her.. although ratan dint have any love for veera, but atleast she could have given some time ti veera leaving ranvi free to think of himself.
ranvi calls himself anokhi maa.. just like ratan will do everything for her son..same way ranvi will do anything for veera.. and the same way ranvi is taking ratan for granted, veera is taking ranvi for granted at times.. so basically the relation is transcending..

and yesterday ranvi could have taken veera and her mothers name both.. and told that he will marry the girl that both will select.. then it would have given them a reason to do something together.. and also for ranvi to marry was a very happy moment.. ratan shouldnt have ruined it with her anger at that immediate moment.. 
-Shwetha- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Good Post.
I too thought of making this post, but gud u made it first. I completely agree with you. Atleast some importance should be given to ratan's character by CV's & they have taken her character for granted. Its like she's in the play but not counted. Ratan's only ray of hope is Ranvi, but kya karo he don't given give importance to his mom's happiness & he's is fully concerned with veera. I think now veera is grown up & he should realise his mistake & look after his mom...wanted to see his own identity & he should live for himself.. Hope veera to realises this soon & be a bridge b/w Ratan & Ranvi :)
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i disagree i think ranvi has  sacrificed a lot for his mom. he could have gone with veera to study in  big school but he choose to stay with ratan for her sake- away from his sister. what ratan does every parent does. she i feel on the other hand has put so much responsibily on ranvi's shoulder of his husband's school dream, loan of land etc etc..her son could have studied in a good school n got a god job but ..
ranvi has lost his childhood. even when he was young all responsibility of veera was on him.. even then i feel he used to enjoy life & was happy. But after veera went away to study he has completely lost his childhood. Can ratan even see the pain in his eyes when she just starts blaming veera for her situaton. caught in between mom & sister his life is πŸ˜” 
And IF only ratan did not have double standards with regard to forgiving sampooran & not forgiving veera & taken care of her, ranvi would not have had to take responsibility. because ratan chooses to ignore veera ranvi does all tht for her. I agree he should have told veera about the loan & his inabiliy to send veera outside to study. but he dint... who has asked ratan then to not reveal it to veera.. if she can blame veera for ruining her life in front of ranvi  & hurt him, then she can hurt him once more by telling everything to veera. 
i dont think ranvi is going away from ratan. it is ratan who is sending him away. jealousy can ruin any relationship. And ratan IS JEALOUS OF VEERA coz ranvi loves her & it divides his priorities between ratan & veera. If veera was not there ranvi would only live for her. So many older siblings do so much for their younger ones but do mothers feel jealous but no even if ranvi decides to lie to her to go n get coffee for veera ratan feels jealous? because she is not her own daughter? i loved the way ranvi said it respectfully " i did not lie because of veera i lied because of YOU, because YOU would feel bad" tht wasπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. And it sums up the whole thing. ranvi always feels bad when he hurts ratan or is about to lie, tris to avoid it etc etc.. but ratan never feels bad for questoning her son for giving importance to veera. ratan is elder & being elder also failed to understand her son.
hinz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 9

I feel Ranvi is at the recieving end from both his sister and mum...Ratan and Veera are both selfish in their own way and Ranvi is always tugged in sticky situations between them...

I did feel bad for Ratan in that moment yesterday but she has brought this upon herself and Veera these days seems to care only about herself and her happiness looked pretty fake, though she was genuinely happy for her bro, it didnt come across the same coz she is so consumed in herself that she hardly has time to think of Ranvi or Ratan or their feelings.

pluviophile. thumbnail
Originally posted by: hinz

I feel Ranvi is at the recieving end from both his sister and mum...Ratan and Veera are both selfish in their own way and Ranvi is always tugged in sticky situations between them...

I did feel bad for Ratan in that moment yesterday but she has brought this upon herself and Veera these days seems to care only about herself and her happiness looked pretty fake, though she was genuinely happy for her bro, it didnt come across the same coz she is so consumed in herself that she hardly has time to think of Ranvi or Ratan or their feelings.

The same goes for Ratan, She's not aware of Veera's feelings either If she wants she can try to understand her but she has never done that which imo makes her selfish, I'm just waiting for the day when she opens her mouth cause Ranvi is hopeless in that case but yea I do agree that Ranvi is stuck between them I would like to see him letting Veera take care of things for herself.. Him being always there to solve every problem is not gonna help in making Veera realise what she has.. She's very immature towards relationships she has never been the one to take full responsibilities and I hope we get to see that happening soon.

Also I think Veera needs to stop doing that Bhangra thing.. It's annoying πŸ˜†
Prii.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Ratan is behaving like a 20 year old here. What is the difference between her and Veera? Veera's actions can somewhat be justified, but Ratan is a perfect example of loosing maturity with age.πŸ˜•
Let's face it, even if Veera says 'She will choose the bride', it should be mostly Ranvi's choice. I agree that in arranged marriages opinions of family members do matter. But then that opinion will be everyone's . I don't think Veera will deny Ratan of her right as mother. And it's not like Ranvi will get married to any girl that Veera brings. Poor guy should also be given some oppurtunity for expressing his desireπŸ˜†. Also I feel Ranvi's outburst towards Ratan yesterday was totally justified. Yes he will apologise today like a good son. I respect him for that πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ we should respect our elders. But that doesn't mean Ratan is always the wronged one here😊

Edited by lizaries - 10 years ago