TOI-I will always be thankful to Ekta Kapoor: Saurabh Raaj

OtakuGirl-Debo IF-Sizzlerz
OtakuGirl-Debo
OtakuGirl-Debo

Lightsaber of CC

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 1:20am | IP Logged

I will always be thankful to Ekta Kapoor: Saurabh Raaj

Akash Wadhwa, TNN Jan 6, 2014, 12.00AM IST

TV actor Saurabh Raaj Jain, better known as Lord Krishna of Mahabharat, says he is happy with the way his career is shaping up

Going on strong
Saurabh Raaj Jain is a popular name on television. After being a part of serials like Parichay, Devon Ke Dev Mahadev and Uttaran, Saurabh is now enjoying playing lord Krishna on screen in Mahabharat. "I have been working on television for almost a decade now. After my first show Remix, I took a break of two years to complete my studies since I was in the second year of my college. As an actor, whatever came to me I just took it. I never thought ki iss serial se mujhe kya milega ya ussko karne se kitni popularity milegi. For me it was just my passion for acting. Though I had been around for a very long time, it was the serial Parichay that brought me into the limelight. The serial was a turning point in my career and I will always be thankful to Ekta (Kapoor) for that."

Waiting to lead
And though Saurabh has worked in many serials and has gained popularity too, he is still to be launched as a lead. But the actor says he has no complains. "I didn't have that thing in my mind that I want to be launched as a lead in a serial. The only thing on my mind was to act. Even though other than my education, I don't have any backup plan, I am okay with my career graph. So far, with the grace of God, I have been getting shows one after another. Post my break, I did a stint in Kasamh Se, then immediately after that I did Jai Shree Krishna, after that I did Meet Mila De Rabba and so on. Working for money was never a problem for me."

Paid holiday
Not many people know that Saurabh was kept on hold for a year and paid for the entire period for the role of Krishna in Mahabharat. "I shot the pilot episode with producer Siddharth Kumar Tewary which was directed by Nikhil Sinha, who is the producer and director of Devon Ke Dev Mahadev. So, after that pilot, he himself came to me and said 'You are my Krishna'. And I was like 'Ok, we will see'. Then the project, since it was so huge, was put on hold for a long time and so was I. I was given a lump sum amount every month and told that I can't do any other project. To play Krishna, I was put on hold for almost a year and was paid to do nothing," he says with a smile.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2014-01-06/news-interviews/45917706_1_saurabh-raaj-jain-lord-krishna-mahabharat

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

shreenidkash_meet10mithilaridsDebipriyashivamala.Kore.kaatayaniSia889Patrarekhasbk2.FairyDust.foram.Nikki_Titli

.Kore. IF-Dazzler
.Kore.
.Kore.

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 3:51am | IP Logged
You are very perfect for the role of Lord Krishna as well as Lord Vishnu. well it really does not mattrer even if you are not a lead, but whenever you make your presence it brings a smile on our face.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful article, Deboleena 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mithilaridsSia889sbk2foram.

mithilarids Senior Member
mithilarids
mithilarids

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 4:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kalyani_shiva

You are very perfect for the role of Lord Krishna as well as Lord Vishnu. well it really does not mattrer even if you are not a lead, but whenever you make your presence it brings a smile on our face.
Thanks for sharing this wonderful article, Deboleena 

your right kalyani.. he is perfect..

what a coincidence.. mohit is perfect for shiva and saurabh for krishna.. these two are pivotal roles.. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Sia889sbk2foram.

Sia889 IF-Sizzlerz
Sia889
Sia889

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 6:41am | IP Logged
Saurabh is a self made guyStar... have seen him since his Remix days...I always admire the courage of conviction and passion he had for acting.. there is no other Vishnu for me than him.. Star

@ Paid for doing nothing..that too for an year..? Well that means with Vishnu ji comes Lakshmidevi's grace..LOL

@ Vishnu dev in DKDM.. one of the reasons DKDM was top most of the months was its perfect cast..

@Looking fwd to see him as a lead in some nice show in da futureBig smile.

Thanks for the article.
Regards
Sia

Edited by sankalp_prapti - 07 January 2014 at 6:40am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sbk2foram.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top