Salman Khan changes life of a sick patient in a matter of minutes

Posted: 10 years ago

Salman Khan changes life of a sick patient in a matter of minutes

By fenil_seta on January 7, 2014 inNews

Ankur Pathak (MUMBAI MIRROR; January 7, 2014)

We hear a lot about Salman Khan's philanthropy but Mirror lensman Sachin Haralkar caught the man in the act.

While leaving an event at Bandra's Mehboob Studio yesterday, the star spotted a man and his wheel-chair bound son, looking for help.

The 48-year-old actor gestured to them and after the two came forward, with much trepidation, Salman enquired about their troubles. The man, Kailash Chandanshiv, 45, told the star that he hails from Belapur and is in the city to seek treatment for his 14-year-old son Vijay, who is unable to walk because of a medical condition.

Immediately, Salman took out a piece of paper and wrote down a doctor's number, asking Kailash to contact him. He then told an awestruck Kailash that all the expenses will be borne by him.

Mirror spoke to the doctor, Sandeep Chopra, who is attached with a South Mumbai hospital, while also acting as a consultant to Salman Khan's Being Human Foundation.

"We have treated Vijay before but he lost touch with us. After meeting him near Mehboob Studio, Salman immediately called me up and said that we need to take care of Vijay's case on priority basis. We will ensure that financial and medical help is extended to them," said the doctor.

Kailash Chandanshiv with his 14 year old son, Vijay
don't care if this is done for his new movie's publicity or to promote "Being Human" to dupe the courts...but as long as a needy man is being helped, it's all good! In a matter of few minutes, that boy and his father's lives changed. 
Originally posted by kitkataha

don't care if this is done for his new movie's publicity or to promote "Being Human" to dupe the courts...but as long as a needy man is being helped, it's all good! In a matter of few minutes, that boy and his father's lives changed. 

Seeing this neither his film will be BlockBuster nor court will free him. If Being Human is promoted that is also good as it helps the needy ppl.

And he hasn't done it 1st time, read article's 1st line.
Yup, he killed em long ago. in matter of minutes. 
Originally posted by Mr.KaminA

Seeing this neither his film will be BlockBuster nor court will free him. If Being Human is promoted that is also good as it helps the needy ppl.

And he hasn't done it 1st time, read article's 1st line.

Mr. Kamina, you mistook me. Assuming that others MAY see this act as a publicity stunt, I wrote the above. I do not care if it is one, as long as the person on the other end is being helped, that's all that matters. I've heard such stories about him before as well ðŸ˜Š

Mr. Kamina, you mistook me. Assuming that others MAY see this act as a publicity stunt, I wrote the above. I do not care if it is one, as long as the person on the other end is being helped, that's all that matters. I've heard such stories about him before as well ðŸ˜Š

Ok :)

you couldn't just say what the man did is nice Without mentioning the other stuff? Just curious.
That was really sweet.
Gotta say,Salman,that was a very touching gesture :) 
Originally posted by Mr.KaminA

Ok :)
it's a good effort from his end! He has the ability to turn people's lives around, and he did that.