Justification for Sam Rat's behaviour

suresh555 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
It amazes me that there is so much support and justification for Samrat's character and a lot has to do with his so called hotness. My big question would be that how many of these supporters would like to be in Urmi's shoes, honestly, based only on the after the wedding behaviour of this hot man. I have known a few people like Samrat in real life and have seen the pain and hurt that their spouses went through. This man in my books is the biggest ja***ss with the ugliest personality. I also bet that if the character playing Samrat was not a hot looking guy, the supporters would be reduced by 90 - 95 percent and would be replaced by hate mail for Sam Rat

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dolly-heart thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
You have posed a valid question.

It is amazing how many can be enamoured by this kind of behaviour and admire his practicality and ignore his arrogant and abhorrent behaviour towards the woman he has just married.

Hotness based on just how one looks usually does NOT stand the test of time. It takes kindness, compassion, and a genuine respect for your partner and her feelings.

Which seems to be lacking in this character of SamRAT.

In his defence I must say that he has not hidden his personality from anyone but the real big ASS is Ishaan who has projected his feeling onto SamRAT and has actually misrepresented SamRAT to Urmi and her family. 

But many watch serials for gratuitous romance and not a socially responsible message.

I am hoping the CV's of this show will give it a mature and responsible story line. 
Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@Dolly-heart I completly agree with you

@suresh555 I also know of persons with personality like Sam but their wife is smart and leaves with divorce they don't stay in a toxic relationship and destroy their life but this is an Hindi soap opera the cvs may try to change Sam character which in real life never happens as they say one an Ass always an Ass!
butterfly15.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I don't really justify his idiotic behaviour, but the practical things he chooses should be fine as it's his life, and he doesn't have to be romantic.  

The problem that I see is that his family and especially Ishaan portrayed him to be some sort of romantic, kind-hearted sweet soul, and he is not like that. Most importantly he even told his family and Ishaan not to give such a perception to others, as he is the way he is and he won't change. That is the reason I don't blame him for anything, although his behaviour is bad. The main people at fault are those that were happily misleading Urmi, they ruined her life, not Samrat. 

Urmi too saw the signs, and had Trisha's warning, but she chose to ignore it and is now just crying her eyes out, how will that solve anything?

Edited by butterfly15.. - 10 years ago
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: butterfly15..

I don't really justify his idiotic behaviour, but the practical things he chooses should be fine as it's his life, and he doesn't have to be romantic.  

The problem that I see is that his family and especially Ishaan portrayed him to be some sort of romantic, kind-hearted sweet soul, and he is not like that. Most importantly he even told his family and Ishaan not to give such a perception to others, as he is the way he is and he won't change. That is the reason I don't blame him for anything, although his behaviour is bad. The main people at fault are those that were happily misleading Urmi, they ruined her life, not Samrat. 

Urmi too saw the signs, and had Trisha's warning, but she chose to ignore it and is now just crying her eyes out, how will that solve anything?

Your reply summarized like 10 of my long ass posts so succinctly. 😆 

I agree with you wholeheartedly.
Edited by likarsh - 10 years ago
LOVE_DMG thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
how ever it is. im liking his character. he like a real life person.  in which makes this love story more interesting.   keep an open mind im sure cvs have some suprise in store for us.  i had enough of goodie two shoes hero. we need a badboy
suresh555 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sb1410

@Dolly-heart I completly agree with you

@suresh555 I also know of persons with personality like Sam but their wife is smart and leaves with divorce they don't stay in a toxic relationship and destroy their life but this is an Hindi soap opera the cvs may try to change Sam character which in real life never happens as they say one an Ass always an Ass!

It's sad that the CVs may eventually show that Urmi succeeds in changing the Rat into a lovable teddy bear and create a fantasy in real lives of lots of women who would follow the trend that bad boys can be tamed. It's the expression "Main apne pyar se unko badal doongi" that the CVs are after when in reality I hope they show "Main apne maar se usko badal doongi" 😆 Urmi and Ishaan should join hands and bring Sam Rat and Mamma Rat down, only then this show will be appealing
suresh555 thumbnail

Originally posted by: butterfly15..

Agree with a lot of it except for the time when Urmi broke up the wedding and once Sam Rat discovered that Trisha was happy about it, he went ioto a deceptive mode to make sure he marries Urmi by bringing his mommy with her fake apology.Had he not done that, I would have blamed Urmi 100 %
Edited by suresh555 - 10 years ago
PROTIM21 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Agree with you, he is disgusting, he is mentally ill... M shockd to see people supporting him...
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I like his role, i dont give a damn who is playing i for one never drolled over Mohit saying he is hot ... 
I support his rude and arrogant nature as i see him as someone who has struggled in his life when family was going down the hill, sadly makers never showed us why he is rude to family, now and then they show him making passing comments at his brother , which sort of hint us, when one takes family ship on their shoulders they change, they either become ruthless or become soft. a guy like sam was never shown and so was his past , we had shows where they showed a guy struggle and his soft side, apart ishan saying sam is different now , we donno a single thing. 

his father and mother never openly scolded him or said anything why? DONNO, what went wrong no idea... 

he should be soft towards urmi, but isnt it too much to expect seeing how he is with everyone? he seems to be someone who lost touch with relations and urmi in a day or his marriage with her wont change him out of no where