Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: najialuv88

i tried watching him in his previous show but i wasn't interested after two or three episodes plus i didn't persay find him attractive (just a personal thing really) but after this seeing him here i was iffy but actually seeing him, his acting is really, really, really, really good. he emotes with his eyes and to me once u can do that without words im totally sold.

ankita wasn't necessarily the "typical" idk seductress but idk i like her attitude and just think she will be funny and interesting to watch.

Not just emoting with his eyes, he says a lot with his body language et all which is pretty impressive.

I haven't yet made an opinion about Ankita. I have a feeling her character will be a fully fledged vamp later on in the show, but hope I'm proved wrong. 
stg1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
good post and no! ðŸ˜† he's just a bloke, relationships dont mean anything to him, and he seem's to have been honest with laila. haven't had time to skim thru the forum but i'm guessing people r hating on that scene? i actually thought it was really well done and to the point, leaving no room for interpretation and very nicely laying the foundations of their relationship. and ankita was beyond fabulous. 

she pulled off looking the part without coming across as a would be vamp. i think she's gonna get her heart broken but it wont be rudra's fault and i think i might even sympathise with her somewhat! women in love never listen to what men say, they always think they can 'change' them - hope they keep her character as one who doesn't want to give him up rather than an out and out vamp, will be refreshing ðŸ˜Š

disclaimer - i am not in love with the parud jodi yet, only with paro, so this may be why i'm not freaking out about rudra having a physical relationship with someone else ðŸ˜† i imagine if i loved this jodi obsessively then i would probably be shaking my head saying 'nahiiin!', crying my eyes out and wailing like a banshee ðŸ˜³ 
Arhi_2205 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Great post. I agree with you
NaijaLuv88 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MissCoco

Not just emoting with his eyes, he says a lot with his body language et all which is pretty impressive.

I haven't yet made an opinion about Ankita. I have a feeling her character will be a fully fledged vamp later on in the show, but hope I'm proved wrong. 

@ bold completely true. that isn't something that i have seen and its really hard to do. makes me wonder why i haven't paid attention to him before. 
and ankita i hope she continues to "impress" me with her character. they could turn her into a full-fledged vamp or they could make or rather add more depth towards her character.
TimelessBeautyy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
I respect a guy like Rudra for being upfront and honest about the no commitment clause in his life. Let's be realistic; guys like Rudra exist more now, than ever.
If a guy is a virgin at that age (there are many men who are) - kudos to them.

If a guy wants to pursue as many women as wants - that too, being straightforward about himself; then respect to that too. It's not like he's going behind his girlfriend/wife's back and doing all this; which in my opinion, is very wrong (I've seen this type ðŸ¤¢). The same would go for women as well. 
blue.kindle thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: McNinja

He's upfront and honest about where he stands in a relationship. Doesn't lead Laila on by letting her think they are moving any further than what they have at the moment. 

^^I give this honesty preference over this so called notion "untouched, sharif" man. How honest and open a person is says hella more than what they do with another consenting adult.

The whole idea of being the "first" for your one true love is so outdated and has been shown repeatedly throughout the 90s, during the era of the cheesy romantic movies. I prefer some diversity in how different relationships have different dynamics, especially in current times. 

Now this must be my soul sistah! 🤗 My twin sistah.😊  

I absolutely agree with you. I liked the way he made himself clear and didn't pretend to be something that he isn't. He is very open about his relationship and does not want to mislead the woman.

But of course the romantic in us want the first love to be our one and only love. But it doesn't happen that way.   And anyway,  not being the "first" shouldn't really lessen the love in any way. I mean today we fall in love and out of it as quickly as we change sweatshirts. And it is preposterous to believe that you'd hit gold with the first person you fall in love with it. Sadly, all this doesn't happen in real life. You go through a lot of trial and  error before you find the right person.  

So, just because a person was in a relationship with another person previously, doesn't mean he can't do a relationship after it ends.  End being the operative word here. 😆

Edited by ebook-reader - 10 years ago
Originally posted by: stg1

good post and no! ðŸ˜† he's just a bloke, relationships dont mean anything to him, and he seem's to have been honest with laila. haven't had time to skim thru the forum but i'm guessing people r hating on that scene? i actually thought it was really well done and to the point, leaving no room for interpretation and very nicely laying the foundations of their relationship. and ankita was beyond fabulous. 

she pulled off looking the part without coming across as a would be vamp. i think she's gonna get her heart broken but it wont be rudra's fault and i think i might even sympathise with her somewhat! women in love never listen to what men say, they always think they can 'change' them - hope they keep her character as one who doesn't want to give him up rather than an out and out vamp, will be refreshing ðŸ˜Š

disclaimer - i am not in love with the parud jodi yet, only with paro, so this may be why i'm not freaking out about rudra having a physical relationship with someone else ðŸ˜† i imagine if i loved this jodi obsessively then i would probably be shaking my head saying 'nahiiin!', crying my eyes out and wailing like a banshee ðŸ˜³ 

Yes I would also like it if her character has shades of grey rather than a fully fledged vamp later on in the show. It will truly be "nayi soch".

Ankita had a good intro in the show! She looked nice.
Originally posted by: Arhi_2205

Great post. I agree with you

Thanks!
Originally posted by: TimelessBeautyy

I respect a guy like Rudra for being upfront and honest about the no commitment clause in his life. Let's be realistic; guys like Rudra exist more now, than ever.

If a guy is a virgin at that age (there are many men who are) - kudos to them.

If a guy wants to pursue as many women as wants - that too, being straightforward about himself; then respect to that too. It's not like he's going behind his girlfriend/wife's back and doing all this; which in my opinion, is very wrong (I've seen this type ðŸ¤¢). The same would go for women as well. 

Imagine how sexually frustrated guys his age would be if they were virginal. ðŸ˜†

Yes! This kind of honesty is refreshing!
asmanichatri thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't think it is a moral issue in any way, it just adds to the drama. They need a good antagonist - Thakur for the overall theme of BSD versus the village and Laila for the Paro and Rudra story.
But I still don't like the character much (the actress was okay-ish, not great, but not bad either), felt she was too much of a vamp from some terrible 80s Hindi film.. you know like those dacoit movies 😆But it is too soon to tell, they better have written her well and not as as cardboard cut character. Because frankly, yesterday I was bored of the 'seduction'. 

I feel that Nautanki does not write interesting women characters. I hope they surprise me here. So far I can tell that Rudra as a character has been written well. But everyone else is a bit too one dimensional.

I did wonder about one thing though, if Rudra dislikes attractive women, what was he doing with Laila da bomb ðŸ˜† Ideally he should hang around with plain women.

Edited by asmanichatri - 10 years ago