What if it was Paro instead? - Page 6

Posted: 10 years ago
I cannot accept such character in girl or boy
Originally posted by archana.mh17

I can imagine the outrage a sexually liberated female lead would cause, but I am waiting for one show on Indian TV with enough guts to show a female lead who is grey & do it well!
Me too
I would ve been fine . As long as she's not cheating on anybody and its not hurting  anyone its her business .But a lot of people would have had seizures. Not just the TRP aunties  . Even some people on this forum would have reacted very strongly. 
For me ... both man and woman before marriage ahem ahem is their choice... but I follow my ways (the traditional woman) . I do not accept that man can do something and woman cannot... both are equal ... if rudra can then paro can ... but this nation has a bias ... for me no bias... 
Never.
I personally dn't like his closeness with laila. :/
Originally posted by ardentold

Its a myth that indian audiences can't accept "bad girls".Remember Parveen Babi in Deewar?And Helen in all her roles.in fact on TV we have even accepted a married woman leaving her husband for another man.If the story and acting is good, we are mature enough to appreciate the characters.

What you say is true to an extent, but the silver screen and Television are two different media. TV characters make more of an impact on viewers' minds through daily telecast and make viewers identify with them. Thus the shock would be harder to take in a daily soap than in a two or three-hour movie.
In the Indian TV world, female leads are forbidden to lose their virginity before marriage. Although I don't mind it in the real world, I've been brought in a family that does care. My mother would like me if I ever did something like that.
Indian TV audience r easily excepting nonvirgin male leads , but they r not going to except non virgin female lead
i think women will not accept bcz  i saw many time women using dis word " impure , "second-hand" for a  girl who is not virgin

so yes  mostly all women were  teg her " impure"   if det was  heroin 
Audience in India r not going to except bad girls or non virgins leads easily , but in case of male is different