Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VIMAL.SM thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Awesome n very thought provoking post .
I am okay if a show a bad girl as a lead . But Indian society till have diff rule for men and women. All are not saint .Yest I read article were actor Iqbal Khan stated they should stop portraying lead actress as saints .They should also been shown flawed. 
VIMAL.SM thumbnail
Originally posted by: samirao

👏 Fab post ,if male lead can do any thing before true love , female lead can do the same thing , she is also a human being with needs 

Agree with you she is also human being with needs .No harm in showing lead as bad.
VIMAL.SM thumbnail
Originally posted by: krystal_watz

From what I've noticed, "Bad Boys" and"Bad Girs" have two istinct definitions for Television Show-makers.

Bad Boy--Rude, Arrogant, Snobbish (throw in some wit for the "sexay and wild" quotient), and of course----a hit with the ladies with a different one in his sack every week.

Bad Girl--Spoiled, arrogant, snooty (with NO major redeeming qualitites, mind you), a bully maybe...in short, A TOTAL BITCH. But hey, hold on---she might be a total Harridan on the top floor, but should be purer than Gangajaal down there. A li'l bit of flirting and basking-shasking in attention-stattention is okay...I mean, okay-dokey...but no ulocking the chastity belt til the hero comes along and reforms her a la Himmatwala.

Alright, not really seen a bad girl lead as yet on TV (no idea about exceptions, if any, enlighten me here will ya), but the bad boy id definitely a rage---even from the times when he was just a flirt and not really banging the headboards with anyone.

So, who'd like to see the BAD GIRL on TV? Do we ever see such a possibility and will YOU endorse it?

There was a show in LifeOk called AmritManthan. In that they showed Anti-Heroine[ I loved Adaa Khan as Amrit] . His sister was shown as typical serial bahu[That role was played by Ankita Sharma]
Originally posted by: krystal_watz

From what I've noticed, "Bad Boys" and"Bad Girs" have two istinct definitions for Television Show-makers.

Bad Boy--Rude, Arrogant, Snobbish (throw in some wit for the "sexay and wild" quotient), and of course----a hit with the ladies with a different one in his sack every week.

Bad Girl--Spoiled, arrogant, snooty (with NO major redeeming qualitites, mind you), a bully maybe...in short, A TOTAL BITCH. But hey, hold on---she might be a total Harridan on the top floor, but should be purer than Gangajaal down there. A li'l bit of flirting and basking-shasking in attention-stattention is okay...I mean, okay-dokey...but no ulocking the chastity belt til the hero comes along and reforms her a la Himmatwala.

Alright, not really seen a bad girl lead as yet on TV (no idea about exceptions, if any, enlighten me here will ya), but the bad boy id definitely a rage---even from the times when he was just a flirt and not really banging the headboards with anyone.

So, who'd like to see the BAD GIRL on TV? Do we ever see such a possibility and will YOU endorse it?

ME ME ME ! *sticks both hands up* 😆

That will truly be a "nayi soch". I also don't like how they portray modern girls who wear Western clothes as total bitches. Like seriously?  The only exception at this point is Zoya on QH (even she is a not really a bad girl). Those girls have to be reformed, and made to wear Indian clothes to be worthy of respect. 🤔

But yeah, a bad girl on TV would be really cool! And progressive! A character with grey shades and some redeeming qualities please!

Even now grey characters who are male are not accepted by all. So there is a long time to go we'll get to see female versions. 

Indiana_Jones thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i  dont  think  society  is  ever  gonna  change,  if   it  is  bad  boy  then  he  is   hot   and  if  its  a  bad  girl  she  would  be  called  as  a  s**t, 
for  them  a  girl  should  always  be 'sarvaguna  sabanna'🥱
but  i  do  hope  that  this  changes  and one  day  we  will  get  to  see  a  bad  girl  as  the  lead  actress
samirao thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Oh god , who is using S word for sanaya , where u read that dear , what's wrong with people whatever she is wearing in the show it's ph selection not hers 
Ishq-Dua thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wow a strong question indeed.
I don't think a bad female lead would ever be accepted.
She would be called a s**t and all those other bad names.
 People give excuses to a man for whatever he does but when it comes to a girl they can't.
Often women who are portrayed this way are thought about as being cheap and neglected. They're considered for FUN only and not for marriage and relationships. So they would never show a bad girl as a heroine.
it might sound hurtful but that's the truth.  
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Naach_Basanti

Kystal I have already seen a number of posts outside of this forum, calling Sanaya a s**t & what not for wearing the outfits she does in the show.

So with any shadow of doubt I can say that any actress playing a role like that would be brutally criticised and s**t shamed.

But a man going shirtless is drooling right? 🤢

That is so hypocritical.

VIMAL.SM thumbnail
Originally posted by: Naach_Basanti

Kystal I have already seen a number of posts outside of this forum, calling Sanaya a s**t & what not for wearing the outfits she does in the show.

So with any shadow of doubt I can say that any actress playing a role like that would be brutally criticised and s**t shamed.

@Bold - Those who call Sanaya like this are jealous of her .

The costumes are typical Rajasthani costumes .They need some reasons to bash Sanaya.
VIMAL.SM thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Unknowndesire

But a man going shirtless is drooling right? 🤢

That is so hypocritical.

Agree so hypocritical. 

We live in a big hypocritical society .